The Rival

SCOOP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It feels different seeing him this way. A polite and poise council president covering in sweats and energy. He was strumming his black guitar and singing passionately. She just realized why many people adore him. Jung Yong Hwa was not only a responsible man, he also can study well and apparently sing well, too.

 

Not to mention that he has a very attractive face and body.

 

She never imagined she can be this close to him, having him doing her errand and even get recognized as an item in front of the others. To be honest, it was not like she ever wanted it to be like that too.

 

Seohyun never really think anything about him. She was too busy with her own world to do that. They get to know each other in one of the council meeting at the first grade. She was the new member and secretary of the journalist club and he was the school council candidate-to-be according to the seniors.

 

At first she just saw him as one of the popular student in school. He got all the attention, not only from students but also from the teacher. He can do his responsibility as a school council president while keep maintaining his number 1 rank. People said that he was the best student.

 

He was nice, he was polite, he was friendly, he was easy to approach.

 

In short, he was what people called perfection.

 

Until the day she caught his not-so-perfect behavior.

 

She never thought why the so called perfection acted that way, smoking was one problem but smoking at school was definitely a suicide attempt. Why he deliberately took some risk to smoke at school where he can get recognized easily? She promised to save the question in her mind to ask him later.

 

She sip her orange juice and watch the crowd clap their hand when the band finish performing. She doesn't even know why she asked him to take her here. But the thought of watching his performance kinda tingle her curiosity.

 

She wasn't used to go to the place like this, with a bunch of teenager around screaming while the band played some rock song. She thought they will practice at some rental place but apparently they always have this gig in one of their friend’s cafe every week.

 

Maybe she can put the story of their band in the school news next month, she thought.

 

Minhyuk approached her when he came out from the backstage.

 

"Seohyun-ah..”

 

“Oh, Minhyuk-ah. You guys are so great up there.” She said sincerely while she keep eyeing the-now-closed backstage door from behind Minhyuk’s shoulder, clearly searching on something or someone to be precise.

 

“Gomawo.” Minhyuk said. “Though I believe it was not my performance that you keep watch carefully for the entire show tonight.” He .

 

Oblivious by his joke, Seohyun give Minhyuk a confused look which make him laughing out loud.

 

At that time the backstage door flung open, showing Yonghwa with a big instrument case in his back. Yonghwa narrowing his eyes when he saw Seohyun and Minhyuk seating in one table and laugh comfortably.

 

Before he manage to approached them, a girl suddenly stood in front of him.

 

Seohyun gasped when she recognized who that girl is. "Omo..what is she doing here?" unconsciously blurt it out loud.

 

"Who?" Minhyuk asked when he following Seohyun's eyes. "Oh you mean Shinhye? Do you know her?"

 

Seohyun nodded while her eyes keep glaring at them. Maybe the latter feels the glare she give so they looking at her direction.

 

Shinhye gasped when she saw who were there.

 

Seohyun walk closer and give them her best smile. "Shinhye-ah, what are you doing here?"

 

"Oh Seohyun-ah, I should be the one who got surprised seeing you here."

 

"So you guys know each other?" he asked.

 

"Of course, Seohyun is my dearest cousin."

 

Seohyun almost snorted when she hear it but manage to stop herself. That's true Shinhye is her cousin and her best friend, but they unknowingly become an enemy when they grow older. It's not like they hate each other but they will always compete in anything. Their love and hate relationship more or less makes them be a frenemy.

 

"Since both of you from the same school I'm not surprised knowing you two know each other but seriously Seohyun, since when you come to the place like this?" Shinhye asked.

 

"There's always a first time in everything, Shinhye-ah. How about you?"

 

"I'm regular here, since CNBLUE have a gig here." Shinhye said with proud.

 

"So you are a fan of Yonghwa's band?"

 

"That's true. But my bias is Yonghwa of course. Yonghwa-ah, what if you have dinner with me tonight?"

 

Seohyun frowned. How can Shinhye be so bold to ask him to dinner?

 

Yonghwa eyeing both woman in front of him suspiciously. It's not like they were fighting but the atmosphere between them not as friendly as cousin should be.

 

"I'm sorry Shinhye but Yonghwa already has an appointment with me."

 

"Mwoh? Is that true Yonghwa?" Shinhye frowned, can't believe in whatever she heard from Seohyun mouth.

 

"Do we have an appointment after this?" Yonghwa whispered.

 

"Of course, we will eat dinner and you should fetch jjingie at my house."

 

He almost forgot about jjingie. "Ah that's right, jjingie."

 

Shinhye staring at the two when they talking with such an intimate gesture. She smells something suspicious happen between them. She can't believe Yonghwa talk about Seohyun's house casually like he often go there when he always reject her offer to have dinner together.

 

Feeling Shinhye’s confuseness, Seohyun said. "You must already know that Yonghwa and I were dating, right?"

 

“What was that supposed to mean?” Shinhye gasped.

 

“Yonghwa and I are dating. We are an item.. COUPLE.” Seohyun brag while give emphasize to the word. “That’s why you shouldn’t be surprised if I happen to be here from now on.”

 

“Really? Yonghwa, please tell me this is just a joke.”

 

Seohyun gets closer to Yonghwa and hold his arm. Looking at his eyes, she tucks her hair behind her ear and smile cutely.

 

For a second his heart skipped a beat when their eyes met.

 

But he quickly shrugged it off.

 

Yonghwa took a gulp. What a mess I get involved in. “We are together, Shinhye.”

 

Seohyun pointing her finger to Yonghwa then to herself and make a heart sign with her hand while mouthing mutely ‘we are dating’ to tease Shinhye and smile proudly when she saw how Shinhye got so pissed off and storm off from the café immediately.

 

“What a strange relationship that you have with your cousin.” Yonghwa said while shook his head.

 

***

 

“Yonghwa-ya.. jaebal..” Seohyun beg him while they were in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter