The Beginning

SCOOP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The quite place in the school is the rooftop, since no students allowed to go there. But rules are always meant to be broken, so when no teacher around, students will sneak out to the rooftop, do things they shouldn't do, secretly. The door lock was old and easy to break anyway.

 

Some lazy students just find some place to ditch the class, some desperate lovers wants to have a private time, and some others are doing things like the one she spy on right now.

 

Seohyun wasn't the one between those 3 categories. When she came to the rooftop earlier, she just wants to have some quite time.

 

She heard the door screeching and immediately hides behind the wall, afraid if it was one of the teachers. One student walks and sits on the old bench there, put his hand on his pocket and put out a cigarette. He lights a fire, the cigarette and exhale some white smoke in the air.

 

Quickly she put out her phone and looking for a very nice angle to take a picture. She took a few pictures before she try to sneak out to the door. Her feet suddenly kick a broken pot and make some noisy sound. Seohyun cursed inside her heart by her clumsiness that makes her just got caught.

 

The man heard the sound and realized he wasn’t alone. He throws the cigarette away and quickly steps on it to kill the fire.

 

He was stand right behind her when she almost reached the door. “Who are you?” he asked.

 

Seohyun hope he won’t recognize her from her back. “I am no one, please continue whatever you did right now and I will excuse myself. Annyeong.” She said, hand reached the door knob.

 

The door can’t be open because that man already put his hand on the door, preventing her to go. No other choice, she turn around and saw a shocking, guilty, terrified eyes looking back at her.

 

Of course it’s only natural if he felt terrified by her presence.

 

“Did you see it?” he asked.

 

“emm.. No?” she lied.

 

He cleared his throat and say, “Listen, Seohyun, whatever you saw today, just forget it. I won’t let you go if I know you spread it around the school, especially if you put it as one of your trashy news in the school magazine.”

 

She gaps in disbelief. Did he just threatening her right now? How come he did that when she was the one who should be threatening him.

 

And he dared to say her dedication and hard work are just trashy news?

 

Oh he definitely declared a war.

 

“If you think I’m afraid of your threat, well.. Try me, Yonghwa. One ‘trashy news’ from me and your fake image as a school council president will finish..” She threatened him back. Her fingers cross her neck to emphasis the word finish.

 

“Who won’t be surprise anyway, that a school council president who always gets famous as role model student in school got caught smoking in the rooftop by the head of journalist club? Oh it will be a big scoop.” She smirked.

 

“You think people will believe you over me?”

 

“Only if they saw this picture..” Show him the picture in her phone she smirked feeling the triumphant.

 

He tried to snatch the phone but she already anticipated his move and quickly hide the phone in her back.

 

“Are you forget that I’m the head of our journalist club? I won’t say something without proof.”

 

He glared at her in anger, she glare at him back with the same amount of anger.

 

Jung Yong Hwa wasn’t afraid ruin his image as school council president. He already sick of it anyway. People always looking at him like he was an angel, a perfect person, and there’s no room for him to show his flaws. He always do things right, he always show things right, and it sicken him. He was just a human after all, with flaws and weaknesses. Whether people just too blind to see, or just deliberately denied it, but they always put high expectation for him to satisfied

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter