39: Just Believe

Living as a Vampire

TAEYEON

I don't know when am I going to wake up, but I will never think I'm going to wake up again. I gave too much blood for Seohyun, that night I decided to give her what I'm afraid of. Yeah, although I'm a fearless leader, I'm still afraid of losing too much blood-- in short, I'm afraid of dying and giving her my blood. But I'm her creator, I turned her, so I have to awaken her into a fully grown vampire.

Catharine gave her authority to me, and as a leader, I will be the one who will turn the second gifted. But the question is... why me?

Me and Catharine took a walk on the garden and talk about something...

"What? A second gifted?" I was confused and looked straight to her, she smirked and looked to the white roses beside us. "I believe that there would be a second gifted, Taeyeon. I can feel it." she answered, "What has to do about the attack of the Volturi? Where will we find that second gifted you have talking about?" I asked. "My visions are not predictable, Taeyeon, you have to find her."

"Why?"

"She is your only hope." Catharine looked to me with her dark red irises, I scoffed and that made me more confused. "What? What are you talking about, Catharine? What do you mean, she is our only hope?"

She took a deep breath and her hands tightened, "My visions, it has consequences."

"My vision shows me the attack of the Volturi, they are after me... not all of us."

I froze as I heard her, "You mean... you are going to..." She nodded as she knew what I was saying. "I will never be with you after that, and that is why you have to find the second gifted. Protect her and don't let her hurt." Then I shook my head in dissagreement, "No, we won't let you be gone, Catharine. If Yoona knew you are going to kill yourself, she will--" she suddenly held her both hands on my shoulders.

"I already told her about this, but she went silent after that. I hope you understand, Taeyeon." she said, I looked down and closed my eyes. "I have lived too much, I have to accept the consequences... and one day, you will find me but I would be another person to you." she added.

"When time has come, you will be the one who will turn her."

I went silent, why she have to say this? We've been sisters for a century but why Catharine have to tell this?

But now I understand why, Seohyun is Catharine's last hope, she is the last gifted. If I lose Seohyun, I lose all my hard work to find her, I lose Catharine's last wish.

 

I opened my eyes as I heard two bickering voices, where the hell am I? Am I in the hospital? I saw myself in an hospital bed and I saw a bandage wrap all over my left arm and my left leg. What happened to me? I am trying to recall what happened but I only remember that I flew to Seohyun and we fall together on the water.

"No, Stephanie. You have to stay here and keep an eyes on her."

"What the hell? I've been stayed in here for two weeks, Tiffany! You stay here with her!"

"No, you stay! You like Taeyeon, and you mean it!"

"No, you stay! You've been worried sick to her because she still didn't give a sign!"

"I'm not the only one who's worried to her condition, you've been talking in your sleep about Taeyeon!"

"Argh! It's final! You stay here!"

"What?! You should keep an eye on her!"

"You stay!"

"No! You stay!"

I have never thought that Tiffany and Stephanie are arguing like there's no tomorrow, even though they were twins. "Geez, I never thought that you two have the worst argument that I ever heard." I commented, I saw the two gasped and look to me. "Taeyeon!" The two called out my name like it was a miracle.

"First things first, where am I?" I asked with a scowl look to the twins.

I looked to them, and something changed about them. Tiffany's hair turned jet-black again, while Stephanie's hair turned into dark red color. "Taeyeon, we are in the safe place now." Tiffany answered, "W-What? Safe place?" That made me confuse. "We are in Black Blood Society, the blonde sisters take us in because we're outcast vampires." Stephanie made me clear about it.

"You were in coma, Taeyeon. You loss too much blood and you have unrecovered burns in your left arm and leg which is until now still didn't healed yet." Tiffany added.

"And how long I was in here?"

"Six months." Stephanie answered straight, I gaped in surprise. What the hell? Six months? I am in coma for six months? "H-How? What happened to me? W-Why I have burns in my left arm and left leg?" I stuttered.

"You don't know what happened?" Tiffany asked.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, "That's why I'm asking you, right?"

"Sooyoung almost burned you to death, Taeyeon. Fortunately, your sister saved you." What? Hyoyeon saved me? How? "You really don't know or you just acting like you don't know?" Stephanie spat with a glare, "Not now, Stephanie." Tiffany stopped her quickly before I could respond.

"Hyoyeon is alive? And Yuri, too?"

They nodded, "Hyoyeon said when she was inside the portal, she already threw the bomb on the underworld and got out quickly and the portal brought her to Japan." Tiffany explained. "Lucky blondy, she has a free ticket trip to Japan." Stephanie smirked.

"And about Yuri, it's true that Sooyoung killed her but she was survived when Seulgi saw her dying body in the empty alleyway and brought her here to recover the wounds she had."

"So, where are they?" I asked.

"On their rooms, of course." 

I froze as I heard that matured voice, the twins turn around and saw her. It was Seohyun, smiling at me and went inside. "Seohyun, you have changed." That's all I could say, her skin is not pale white anymore, it looked like a normal white skin, her irises has a hint of red, just like Catharine's, and she acted like her too.

She walked closer and sat on the chair beside me, "You had a long sleep, Taeyeon. How are you feeling?" She asked. "I'm fine." I answered with a grin, she chuckled, "So you're okay in your condition right now?" I just nodded. I smirked and looked to myself in bed.

"I've never mistaken to turn you into a fully grown vampire, Seohyun. But I'm sorry that I didn't give you my blood before that." I said. "It's okay, I have recovered." She smiled again, "I'm happy to hear that." I smiled back.

Seohyun looked to the two twins, "Can you please give us a minute?" She said. "Okay." They agreed in unison and was going to walk out of the room. "Stephanie, don't eavesdrop or else." She also threatened the badass, "Piece of cake, I know." Stephanie smirked and they walked out of the room.

"You have changed, Seohyun." I repeated. She smiled and holds my right hand, "You've notice too quickly, Taeyeon. But I can't change the old Seohyun you met since the first day I enter the apartment." She said. "So, what happened to you guys for six months without me?"

"We've got some training here, Jessica went to US with her sister and you forgot that you missed my 19th birthday."

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, you missed it--"

"No, the other one. About Jessica."

"Jessica said she had to spend her time with her sister for a year, so we let her." She answered, I sighed and looked down. "You had something that I don't know, Taeyeon." I startled as I heard what she said, "W-What?" She smiled. "You are still angry to Jessica because of what happened long time ago."

"Whoa, you're so outdated, Seohyun. We already forgive each other." I answer. I smirked, "You're lying, Taeyeon."

"No, I'm not. Since we are going to save Tiffany." I answered, how did she know that? "Jessica will come back, Taeyeon. She needs time to have a bonding with her sister." She said, "What about her relationship with Tiffany?" I asked. "I don't know, but they are still talking to each other sometime."

"Well, that's not a problem."

She nodded and looked somewhere, "I have to show you something." She got up from the chair and get a bottled water in the fridge, then she get back to me and opened the bottled water. "Check this out." Then she poured the water into her palm and put it on left cheek where there still a burn on it, few moments later, I can feel my skin reconstruct again and completely healed.

I gasped as I found out who has the power of water, "You... You are the..." I uttered and looked to her in surprise. "I'm the Guardian of Water." She answered, "The last element of a guardian."

"How did you know?" I asked, "Since I awakened, I got you out of the water with no scars or wounds. But I saw your burned body, Taeyeon. Your left arm and left leg are severely burned to your muscles that still have to recover."

"About Sooyoung..." That went me silent, I looked down as I heard the name of the Guardian of Fire. Yeah, we are the Element Guardians. 

The Guardian of Light is me, light represents hope and as a leader, I will light the way of the people to the right way.

The Guardian of Ice is Jessica, ice represents coldness and oppressiveness of a person.

The Guardian of Earth is Sunny, earth represents nourishment, stability, permanence, security and solidness.

The Guardian of Wind is Tiffany, wind represents fastness, flexibility, and invisibility.

The Guardian of Darkness is Hyoyeon, darkness represent of blindness, wickedness, fear, mystery and opposite of light, but my sister is not bad.

The Guardian of Teleportation is Yuri, represents flexibility, surprise, travel at light-speed and it can actually be a valuable ability.

The Guardian of Fire is... Sooyoung, represents determination, burning hope and symbolizes light.

The Guardian of Lightning is Yoona, represents as a form of energy and symbolizes of fire.

The last Guardian, Seohyun, represents purification, abundance and prosperity.

The Major Guardians are Sooyoung, Tiffany, Sunny and Seohyun, they hold the most powerful elements. I never thought that the element guardians are complete... but one has been turned back and that is Sooyoung.

"She completely turned away from us." Seohyun said and looked down, "But I know she will come back." She eventually smiled. I gripped my right hand on the blanket, "I am never expect that traitor will come back of what she did is unjustified." I still can't believe of what she did to us, screwing us up.

"Taeyeon, please don't try to kill Sooyoung. I know she is still on our side, I can feel it." She said, "A traitor doesn't have any sides to turn when it completely betrayed one of its side." I said. "Sooyoung is not the same Sooyoung we knew, Seohyun. She completely betrayed us."

Then she grin, "But I still believe that she will come back, Taeyeon. She will be the same Sooyoung we knew." That smile, she still believe of that. "Why are you still keep believing that she will come back, Seohyun? You know she is a new person now?" I asked.

"Because I know she is still the same, even thought she turned us away and become a new person. She is still our sister, Taeyeon." She answered.

"What? Sister?"

She nodded, "You said we are family, so I assume that Sooyoung is still a part of our family. She still doesn't know what is family, Taeyeon."

"We can do the impossible, Taeyeon. Just believe."

Right, just believe...

 

---