37: Melancholy of Seohyun

Living as a Vampire

SEOHYUN

I really had done the unthinkable, I really did the thing that will make me a monster, but why I still let myself drink Taeyeon's blood? I'm so stupid, so stupid than ever! I have no choice to accept what I am. Yoona promised that I will never become a monster, but that won't last for long. 

It's all because of me.

Because of me, their life became complicated, one has betrayed us, two of us are gone, now everything and everyone are in grave danger and all because of me.

All of it. 

Everything I had done turns into chaos.

I wish I could bring them back, I wish I could fix what's wrong... I wish everything... would be... definitely fine again.

"Why are you crying, lady?" I heard the voice of an angel.

I didn't respond and keep sobbing, "I... I ruined everything." I muttered. She walked closer and knelt beside me, "You know, if you keep crying like that, there's nothing going to happen." She patted lightly on my head. "It's not your fault that their life became complicated, they did that to protect you." She said.

"Who are you--" I looked up and saw myself, wearing a white gown and braided hair over her shoulder. "Catharine?"

She gave a sweet smile, "It's not your fault, Seohyun. Why are you blaming yourself?" she asked. I sniffed and looked to the ground again, "I... I ruined everything, I am the one who ruined everything. I'm a burden... I'm a stupid burden." she looked to me and tucked my hair in my earlobe. "It's not your fault. They did everything for your safety, Seohyun. They did everything to protect you, especially Yoona."

She stood up and stretched out her flawless hand, "Come, I will show you something." she said. With no hesitations, I held her hand and got up. She walked on the bright door in front and I followed her, as we stepped inside the bright light, I saw a familiar place. It was our house, where I was raised, where I lived with my mom and my dad.

"It's was my home." I mumbled, she looked to me and smiled, "You are very lucky that you had a good life with them, your parents." she said and pointed on the tree with a swing, there was a little girl sitting on it. Then a little boy run to her and hugged her, "Wait." I narrowed my eyes and recognize the little boy. "Jonghyun." I mentioned his name.

"It was my brother, Jonghyun." I said and looked to Catharine, "It was my younger brother." I added and she smiled. "Having a little brother or sister is fun, Seohyun but what happened?" She asked. I remember the time that I never forget...

Then the place changed and we were in the park, I saw the little girl playing tag with my little brother. They were enjoying the game they play, but the little girl tripped and fell. While my little brother continue to run but he's not turning around, then...

"No..." My heart beats faster as I remember what had just happened, "Jonghyun, no!" the little girl shouted his name but it was too late. My brother... was hit by a truck in the middle of the road. I feel my whole world crushed as I saw what happened to Jonghyun, my only brother, my part of my life. "JONGHYUN!" the girl shouted and run towards my poor little brother, then all the people herd themselves to see the incident.

That little girl who played with him, is me. I'm the one who did this to him, I let my brother die. I let him die. Then few moments later, the surrounding are fading into black, "Jonghyun..." My tears started to flow from my eyes. "I know you brother is your happiness, Seohyun..." Catharine said and look down, "But, happiness won't last for long." she touched my shoulder.

"I told you, it's all because of me!" I raised my voice in grief and looked to her, "He died because of me, I let Jonghyun die. I let my little brother die..." I cupped my face and sobbed again. I never forgive myself, I hate myself.

"I know, Seohyun. You let him die, but it was still not your fault."

"Why are you showing this to me, Catharine?" I winced at her, she sighed, "To show you that you are wrong to blame yourself." She respond. I glared at her, "You don't know what I feel, Catharine. I regret everything I had done." I insisted.

"Since my brother died I always blamed myself. Like I almost blamed the world about this." I added. "Why the world is so unfair? Why did I let my brother die?" I bitterly laugh at my first question that I said. Why the world is so unfair? Why my fate wants me to regret everything?

"Because you don't understand, Seohyun. You don't know why the world is unfair. You don't know why you let your brother die." She answer and paces back and forth, "And you know why, young lady?" Then she stopped and looked to me with her dark red orbs in her eyes.

"Because you are weak, that's why you blamed yourself because you are weak to fight of what you believe. That's why the beast inside wants to control you, because you are weak." She said, "You are afraid, Seohyun. Another kind of being weak. You feared BoA because she killed your parents, because she is stronger than you, because she is a hybrid and you are just a fledgeling."

"You are afraid that the beast will control you," she walked closer to me, "You are afraid of losing one of your friends."

I looked down as I realize that. She's right, I'm afraid of what I don't want to happen.

"Look at me, Seohyun." She touched my chin and lift my head to look at her dark red orbs, "You have to overcome the weaknesses you have. You have to fight the beast inside you. You have to protect your friends if you don't want them to lose because of you. You have to defeat that hybrid to give justice for your parents."

"Believe of what you can do, Seohyun. You can defeat the beast inside you." Then she smiled and hold my both shoulders, "You need to be strong and brave, young lady. Because I know you can and you will." She hugged me, "You can do it, Seohyun."

"Catharine..." I mumbled.

"Who... Who am I?"

She smirked and looked to me, "You are Seo Joohyun, the one who believes of what she can do." Then she patted my shoulder and gave an innocent yet mischievous smile, "You are the second gifted."

That made me smile, "Thank you, Catharine." I thanked her. Then she pulled again for a last hug, "You are always welcome, Joohyun." She answered.

That time she faded into shadows, and now I was in front of the beast's cage, it was sealed off and opened. I gasped and looked around then she suddenly pounced in me causing me to fall on the ground. I looked to her, she is grinning at me, revealing her white sharp teeth, "It's time, Seohyun." She chuckled and walked closer to me.

"It's between two of us, and you will be eaten by me."

 

The beast never expected that I will fight back, I won't let her to rule and control me, I won't let my weakness ruled me again. My jaws were clenching and my body is aching as I fought the beast who wants to control me. The beast was going to bite me again but luckily I dodged.

Then she tried to claw my face off and I always defend it by raising my both arms. Some parts of my body had already notched and my left arms had a severe bleeding because the outer skin had already peeled off. My whole body had scratches and scrapes, I know it's really painful but I won't lose over her.

My right fist ran into her bloody face but she halted it by her left hand, I smirked as I quickly punched her using my left fist and  smashed her head on the floor causing it to have a big crack under it. Then she pulled me hard to fall myself on the floor top, she moved her body over me, now she's on top of me.

She quickly slapped my face, making a scratch in my left cheek. Her bloody mouth curved into a grin, "Why wouldn't you just give up and let me handle this?" She asked. "Do you think I will let myself eaten by you?" I scoffed, "I won't and you'll never control me!" Then I pulled my both arms to strangle her and rolled over her, now I am top of her.

I kept strangling her to death but I can't, her neck is too hard to squeeze. I'm struggling so hard to strangle her but I can't, then I lift my right fist and punched her again on her face, I punched her again and again. Until she stopped it by her left hand and threw me away from her.

Fortunately, I landed without falling on the floor. I didn't get a chance to rest myself because she suddenly strangled me and pinned me on the wall, I groaned as I felt the pain spread from my lower back to upper back on the wall.

She smirked and tightened the grip, "You never learned the lesson, aren't you?" 

"If you lose me in this fight, you don't know what will happen if you become one, Seohyun." And she leaned closer to my face, "Just give up and I will take care of them."

"N-No!" I yelled, "I will not--" I was shut when she suddenly punched me in the face. "Just give up!" She insist, "NO!" I had my chance to remove my neck from her grasps as I break the bones in opposite angle, she hollered and screamed in pain. I kicked her gut and she fell down.

I'm still not satisfied and break the other bones in her right arm, then she let out a scream. I grabbed her collar and lifted her in the air, but she laughed making me confuse.

"You... You blamed the world because it's unfair." She mumbled.

Then I smashed her on the floor again, "Seohyun, are you accepting the fact that you will become a true monster?" She said with a grin. But I stayed silent.

"If you become one... you are not the same Seo Joohyun anymore!"

She suddenly let out a scream as I dug my finger in her stomach, "That Seo Joohyun is a weak, coward, and always a burden to everyone. But now..." My hands go deeper and I can feel her intestines inside, "I will be a new one." I whispered with an evil smirk. "I will accept of what I am now."

"And I don't blame the world, because I know it is always unfair." Then I bit her.

~~

As I went back to reality, the coldness of water shivers my skin as we sink more in the deep water. As I awaken again as a new me, the force pulled us out of the water. I carried Taeyeon's body and put her down on the shore, she's still breathing but her half of her body was burned, Sooyoung did this to her. I knelt and tucked her soaked hair in her ear.

"Thank you, Taeyeon." I gave a small smile and stood up. I checked my whole body, there were no scars and wounds, it all healed quickly as I got out of the water.

Then I heard footsteps coming behind, I know who they are. "Taeyeon!" It was Tiffany, I look around and saw the others. They looked shock, like they all saw a ghost. "Seohyun, is that... you?" They are alive. Yuri and Hyoyeon are alive.

I just nodded, "You are fully grown." Stephanie commented. I looked to them straight, "Where is she?" I asked coldly to them.

"Up there." Hyoyeon pointed over the cliff, "You have to tell me what happened after this." Then I left.

It's time to bring you to where you belong, BoA...

 

---

Next chapter is the fight between BoA and Seohyun. This will be cool guys!

Stay tuned!