22: Daughters of Cerberus

Living as a Vampire

 

JESSICA

We keep finding my sister and Sunyoung inside the forest, an hour later, we can't find them. I cussed, "Damn, where the hell are you, Soojung?" I looked to the others. "We have to split up, it's hard for us to find them if we're whole." I ordered, they agreed. Once we split up, we seperated our ways to find them. In the middle of the run, I heard an ear piercing scream coming from the right and its...

 

"KRYSTAL!"

 

We headed on the right side and we saw my sister, sobbing while Luna's body was on her knees. "Why? Why you have to do this, Hyuna?" Krystal asked her while her eyes are still in tears, "You don't know how it feels to be devastated by the ones who's important to you, Krystal." Hyuna answered. "You killed Siwon, Kangin, Heechul and most of all, my sister, Hyorin. You have killed what's important to us, and now I'll take what's important to you."

 

"After you killed Catharine, you killed Luna. How much more would you kill because of us?!" Krystal shouted at her.

 

"As many as you are. She risked her life to save you, but she's not worthy enough." she answered, "You piece of !" Amber suddenly lunged at her but she landed on the ground hard. "How could you do that to Luna?" Victoria was surprised, "How dare you killed Sunyoung?" her voice went grudging angry and hands balled into fists.

 

"Sunyoung... No..." Sulli whispered and cried out. "You're a dead man, Jane." I shot a death glare to her, she laughed. "I've wasted too much time for this." she commented with a devilish smile, "Not too much." I said as I thrown her an ice spike but she fetched it easily. "Not so fast, Jessica. You think you can kill me by throwing me a spike?"

 

I smirked and thrown her a hundreds of ice stones to her, but my attack is useless. My attacks just run through her like a hologram. "You can't hurt me by that, dear Jessica. You know that I'm not vulnerable by your attacks."

 

I almost forgot, Hyuna is the one who turned her sister, Hyorin. She can run through walls and dodged attacks, she's not as easy as Hyorin. She sell her soul to the demon to be invulnerable and become stronger, and I finally got a nerve in her. I was going to get close to her but Victoria stopped me, "I'll handle this, Jessica." she stepped forward.

 

"It's my fight. Demon versus Devil." after she finished her words. A dark-red aura spread out to her, her eyeballs went black and irises are red like raspberries, her ears went pointy and a little horns sprouted out of her forehead. Two devil faces appeared on both sides of her, "It's been a long time since I last see your ageless face, Victoria." the one in her left side said, "I can smell revenge and anger in you, what seems to be the problem?" the other one in her right side said.

 

"Can a demon can be killed too?" Victoria asked the two faces, "Yes, you have to kill her by taking out its heart out of it." She smiled at the two faces answers. Victoria glared at her, "Are you ready to take out your heart off, Hyuna?" she asked. "I'm ready to take your head off, daughter of Cerberus."

 

Victoria Song, the first daughter of Cerberus. She is the first vampire who lived with and without her father. She obtained demon's form for a long time ago, but she never used it for evil. She's the one who convinced Catharine to never sided the Volturi. And this time, she will destroy a demon who killed what's matter her the most.

 

 

SEOHYUN

 

I placed Yoona on her bed and covered her with a blanket. I studied her face again, she's sleeping peacefully while a trail of tears was still on her cheeks. I stretched my arms and wiped lightly the tears on her cheeks, after that I was going to stood up from the bed when I heard her talking in her sleep. "Catharine, don't... don't leave me here..." she whispered.

 

How come the alcohol affects her? I know she's dead and any kind of alcohols can't affect dead one's brain but why her?

 

I have to try entering her mind while she's sleeping, maybe I can see what happened to Catharine. I looked to her again, then I lean closer to her and hold her hand, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Few moments later, I feel like I was teleported to the other place...

 

 

"Catharine, what do you mean you can handle this all by yourself?"

 

As I opened my eyes, I was in a big living room, chandelier in the middle of the ceiling and beautiful furnitures displayed in a right place. I saw ten beautiful women discussing about something. No doubt, it was them, wearing beautiful dresses like princesses. 

 

"I have to do this, alone. I don't want you to be dead, you have to flee here and find a town to live without knowing you are vampires." I heard my voice saying that, I saw her. I saw Catharine, she was just like exactly me. She looked the same age like me. "What about you, Lady Catharine?" Tiffany asked her, "I'll confront them, it'll be better if someone will risk life for the sake of any of you." she answered truly.

 

Taeyeon and Yoona shooked their heads, "No, we are not going to leave you. We considered ourselves as sisters before it begun." Taeyeon disagreed about Catharine's idea. "I have already made my decision. Let me be the one who will face them." She insisted, "Over a hundred years, we have been sisters, you protected me for I am the gifted. Now, my time has come to face them. I am not going to turn my back this time."

 

None of them respond, "One of you has to be the leader." then she turned to Taeyeon, "Taeyeon, you will be the lead of you." she said to her making her startled. "What? But you know I am not good of leading a group." she refused, "I know, but you have to be. You are using a power of light, meaning you are the one who will lead them on the bright side." Catharine explained.

 

"Catharine, you don't have to do this." Yoona frowned at her, Catharine patted her shoulder, "I have to do this, it's for your own safety." She leaned closer to her and pecked her in her cheeks. "I will still love you, remember that." she whispered with a smile.

 

 

Then I was warped in the other place, now I was in the forest and its raining. I startled when a woman run through me like I was a ghost, it was Yoona. "Yoona, wait!" I followed her and she was hiding in bush watching something epic. Then I saw Catharine, fighting a bunch of Volturi army. I stunned as I watched her fighting, she beats hundreds of them but she can't avoid having wounds.

 

I turned to Yoona who's still watching her, "Why aren't you helping her?" I yelled but it's useless. I was just a spirit who walks in her memories. I turned to Catharine who is still fighting the bunch of them, her dress was full of blood stains and was tore off.

 

"Argh!" She groaned as a dagger thrown in her shoulder, but she didn't groan completely and drawn the dagger out of her shoulder. "You scum!" She cursed and used her force to push more of them. I think she's out of breath, she is breathing heavily and her wounds all over her aren't healing immediately and her left arm was burned.

 

Her eyes was fading into pitch black like she's out of her power, she finally turn her direction to where Yoona was hiding. Yoona stood up and was going to hug her, "Catharine..." but a dagger with flame was going to impaled her. Catharine moved quickly then hugged Yoona and...

 

Thunderclap.

 

The dagger impaled Catharine's upper chest right through her heart, blood splattered on ground, then a bright thunderclap shown upon the clouds. My heart almost stopped beating when I saw what really happened, instead Yoona was the one will impaled, Catharine did the risky one.

 

Yoona was still shocked of what she did, while her head leaned on her shoulder. "You have to continue living without me..." Catharine whispered, Yoona didn't answer and just froze there. "Don't worry, Yoona... You will see me again..." She didn't respond again, "Just stay what you are and wait... until I come back."

 

"You are... very special to me. You made my life complete. You... are the angel who's stayed by my side. And now is the time to let me go..."

 

Then Yoona respond with a shook of her head, "No... I can't let you go yet, please. I... I don't know what I am going to do without you." She refuse. Catharine smirked weakly to her, "It's alright, you're not ready for me to let go. You can say to me anytime when you are ready." she said to her, "You can't die! You can't die here! I still need you, please!" she pleaded. Then she carried her in bridal style, "I will take you home." Yoona starts running in the rain.

 

"I can no longer... live with you. I... am... sorry..." then she closed her eyes. Yoona stopped and knelt, "Catharine..." then blood comes out of her eyes. I went closer to her and Catharine's body, I looked to her face. Catharine smiles in her own death while Yoona can't hold back her tears.

 

"I'm sorry to see these things." I muttered as closed my eyes.

 

"Poor Yoona, seems like the princess is dead." I turn around and saw a man who's taller than me with a handsome face. I looked to Yoona again and she didn't respond and stay there like a statue. "Well, I guess I have to kill you too." then he showed the same dagger he thrown to Catharine, then I suddenly heard a devilish laugh from Yoona.

 

"Are you really sure you can kill me, Siwon?" She stood up and glare at him with a pitch black eyes. Then something happened to her, behind that smile, something is really scary. I can feel she's not the Yoona we know, she is a creature that I feared in my nightmare. Her skin went even paler and her eyes are all red, big black wings sprouted on her back.

 

That Siwon guy backed away as he saw Yoona's real form, "You are..." He mentioned. Then a sudden thunder striked him.

 

 

I gasped and opened my eyes as someone gripped my hand, I saw Yoona's darkened face. "Y-Yoona..."

 

"What did you see, Seohyun?" Yoona's cold voice chilled my spine, I can't tell her. I just looked at her straight to the eyes, "I..." I can't tell her because of her face, just like what I saw, her face went paler and her eyes are all red like a demon. "Haven't I told you not to enter my mind?" Her voice went even colder.

 

I gulped and she is still gripping my hand, "L-Let go." I said and trying to removed my wrist on her grip but it was tight. "Not until you tell me what did you see in my memory." She said, "No." I refused. "L-Let me go, I'm hurt." Her grip went even tighter like there's no blood flowing from my hand.

 

"The one you saw there is the real Yoona, the one who had black wings and dark expression." She said while still staring at me, "No, that's not the real you. The real Yoona is the one who protects me." I denied. She laughed, "She's not the real Yoona, the one who's talking to you is the real one, Seohyun."

 

"I'm really good at hiding what's really me, you know? You are the first person who found my real identity. And you know what I am?" She said. "What are you?"

 

"I am..." She turned to me, "The second daughter of Cerberus."

 

"Second daughter?" Now I was confused, how can she be the second daughter? Who is the the first daughter? "How? You said you were born human, but now you're the daughter of Cerberus?" I asked her. She let go of my arm and sighed.

 

"Catharine knew the scar on my left side of my neck, it has been there since I was born. I didn't knew my parents, they say they're dead. But my father, Cerberus, kept me hidden in a millenia. after that, my so-called parents adopted me but that war came and they put me in the orphanage. She is the one who knew exactly what I am, she died because of me. She did that to awaken the real me. I figured out I am the monster who hid in human form. No one knew my real me, except her. I never met my father in person, or even my mother."

 

"Why are you hiding this to us?" I asked, "For centuries, you've been hiding that to them." She looked to me, her eyes went back to normal, "Because I don't like to spill more truths about me, they know me for being a naughty and a dorky one. That's all, and if I tell them who really I was. The Volturi will know that my father has a second daughter." She answered.

 

"If you are the second daughter, then who's the first?" I asked. She didn't answer and she just shook her head, "I don't know, that's why I'm trying to figure out."

 

"The third son is dead, he's been impaled by a wooden stake in his heart." She said.

 

"Dracula?" I guessed and she nodded. "That's obviously true. He'll never be alive, his heart was been took off by the thieves long time ago." She added, "How did you know Dracula is one of your siblings?" I asked her. "Catharine told me everything." She leaned her back against the wall.

 

"He deserved to be dead, he almost killed Catharine if I didn't show up." She muttered coldly. "I'm sorry for being so reckless lately, the alcohol affects my emotions. I just can't let her go." She apologized.

 

I hold her hands and looked to her with a smile, "It's okay. You're just scared to tell them the truth, that's all... and I understand." I said to her. She smiled back and lean her head on my shoulder, "You know, I have to tell you something." She whispered making me turn to her. "What?"

 

"I... I'm starting to let Catharine go." She answered, "Are you sure you're ready to let go?" I asked with a scowled look. "I'm almost ready, just give me some time for me to think about it." She said, "I had no chance to see her in person, really." I muttered. Yoona smirks, "But you saw her face in my memories." 

 

I smiled again and I feel it's kinda awkward, "Uhh... How long can we stay here like this?" I asked awkwardly. "As long as I want to got up from the bed." She answered with a real smile on her face.

 

 

---

Hey guys! Here's the update. Stay tuned and wait for the next update! ^_^