12: Untold Story of the Two Kims

Living as a Vampire

Taeyeon & Hyoyeon

 

 

Back when they are still human, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon was born in Florence. A land where vampires live, and their slave was human. They were once in the middle-class human who negotiate with high-class vampires, their family are offering their blood to them bit by bit, until they are no more. Most of their money was gone, others was kept by Taeyeon for their needs. After parents' death, they decided to left the mansion at their young age.

 

The two sisters were finding a place where no vampires are going to chase them nor killed them, even though its hard for the two to find a place, they won't give up. They have to earn more money for their needs and live peacefully again. Taeyeon blamed them because they took their most important persons in this world, but Hyoyeon stopped her. She said to the shorter woman clearly that it's their fault why their parents gone, and it's because of foolishness.

 

Hyoyeon's right, why their mom and dad obeyed all of the orders of the vampires?

 

"Because they are fools!" Hyoyeon exclaimed to her one time, crying and still grieving. "If their brains are still functioning, then we don't have to suffer like this!" she covered her face by cupping her with two hands on it. Taeyeon lean on her and patted her back, "Hyoyeon, I know how much you loved our mom and dad but don't you think they died not just because of their foolishness?" She asked.

 

She looked to her and scowls, "What do you mean, my sister?" she sniffed. Taeyeon smiled bitterly and tuck Hyoyeon's chocolate brown hair in her ear, "They died because they loved us so much." the older woman said, trying to hold back of what she feel right now. Pain and sadness. Taeyeon was trying to be strong at the whole time to her, not showing her sadness but to show her to be brave in any problems.

 

Hyoyeon sniffed again and wiped her tears, "Why? Why they have to offer their bloods to them? Why won't we run away and hide?" younger woman asked again, Taeyeon sighed and holds both shoulders and looked at her, "If we run away, the vampires will be hunting us down, killing us, and worst..." the shorter woman leaned closer to her face, "Their going to make us what we hated the most." Taeyeon whispered as she stared at her. The younger sister felt chills in her spine as her older sister mentioned the last phrase, "We want to live and grow old, right?" Hyoyeon just nod what Taeyeon said to her. She smiled, "We're going to live, someday. Trust me, my sister." then she holds the younger sister's hand. "As long as we live, my trust is in you."

 

The two startled when they heard some animal sound, looks like a dog. They winced and sounded like three puppies inside the crate, Hyoyeon stood up and went closer to look at them, her face went more happier as she look at them. "Taeyeon, look." she said and pointed inside the crate, the older woman followed her and saw the puppies.

 

"They are lovely, and fluffy." Taeyeon commented and carry the black puppy, the puppy cheered at her causing Taeyeon to smile. "I think this puppy wants to say hello." she said while playing the black dog. Hyoyeon imitate her sister too and picked up the brown one and played it, the brown one cheered to saying hello to Hyoyeon. "Taeyeon, what do we call to these dogs?" Hyoyeon asked, her sister started to think. Few moments later, Taeyeon smiled, "This black one, I will call him Ginger, because that's what my mind says." then she chuckled. "What about yours?"

 

The younger sister looked at the brown dog and thinks, "I'll call him Francois..." she paused, "Or maybe... Tooth."

 

"Can't you be more unique, Hyoyeon?" Taeyeon snorted and ruffled Ginger's fur, her sister groans, "Fine, I'll call him Samyeon." She finalize with a naughty grin. The older woman giggled, "Sometimes, you're weird." She commented to her. The third dog named Yeon-Yeon. "Taeyeon, can we keep them?" The younger woman asked while carrying the two puppies, the shorter woman smiled and nodded, "We can keep these puppies and consider them as our brothers." She said. Hyoyeon smiled widens more and hugged her, "Thank you, Taeyeon!" Said the younger woman.

 

She hugged back, "As long as you are happy." Taeyeon muttered...

 

~~

 

10 years later...

 

The two sisters are now grown as young women. They are now in the age of 24, Taeyeon worked hard to earn money while Hyoyeon was working as a clerk in a shop. The older sister was working as a maid in the palace of the Volturi, even though she hated them, she still have to earn more money for their needs.

 

"You should not have to work with us if you know you hated us." An innocent yet cold voice startled Taeyeon while cleaning the table, she just continue to clean like she didn't heard anything. She knows that vampires are not going to talk to a human maid like her. 

 

The vampire just smirk and went closer to her, "It's been three months since the head maid hired you, yet I still don't know who you are." She said to Taeyeon who still doesn't listen to her and keeps cleaning the table. "I know you won't listen because you hated us," she lean closer to her but Taeyeon moved away and started to clean the mirror. "Don't think I'm going to ignore you by that attitude of yours," she keeps babbling, Taeyeon wasn't looking to her through the mirror while this talkative vampire was staring at her. Few moments later, the vampire sighed. "I'm not sure if you are a deaf-mute or a woman who doesn't want to communicate with a creature that she hated the most."

 

She went closer to her and touched Taeyeon's shoulder, the young woman felt ice cold thing in her shoulder so she backed away and glared at her. The vampire giggled, "I know you would respond." She said to her. "What do you want, vampire?" Taeyeon's angry voice makes her smile, "I want to know you, please do not make me hard for you to know your name." She said to Taeyeon, politely. "Well, I'm a human who hated vampires like you." The young woman said, still glaring at her. The vampire frowns a bit, "Are you afraid of us?" She asked, "Why do you ask for it? Of course, I'm afraid and hated you the most." Taeyeon scoffed after that and whispered, "What kind of vampire was she?"

 

She smirked as she heard what Taeyeon muttered, "I am just a vampire who doesn't communicate well to my fellow bloodline." The vampire said. "The rules here inside the palace that vampires and human maids don't communicate with each other." Taeyeon warned her, she smiled, "If you know that kind rule, what are we doing now? Aren't we communicate with each other?" Taeyeon's blood boiled inside, "Seriously, what do you want from me?" She asked. "If your mind said that I only want your blood," she smirked, "You are wrong." The vampire lean closer to her, seeing her crimson orbs in her eyes. "I want you to become my maid." She offered.

 

Taeyeon gave her a scowl of confusion, "What?"

 

"If you agree with me, you don't have to worry about your needs." She said, Taeyeon think for a moment, if she agree with her offer, she wouldn't have to worry about her needs. But, what about Hyoyeon, her sister? "What if I refuse your offer?" She asked, bravely. "You will kill me and my blood?"

 

"Well then, you're just staying in this position as a low-class maid and I will never bother you again." She said, "What about my sister? She's was working as a clerk in the shop." Taeyeon asked. "Then invite her, tell her that I'm offering her as my maid too." Suddenly, Taeyeon smiled but it quickly dissapeared and changed into a blank but cold frown, "But you will not drink our blood." She said. The vampire nodded, "Is that a promise or a compliment?" She asked, "I don't know, but I think its a promise."

 

The vampire was going to walk away, she stopped and turn her head to the maid. "I almost forgot something to ask you, little maid." She said and faced her again, "What is your name?" She asked. "My name is Taeyeon Kim, your majesty." She bowed without hesitations. She smiled, "Nice to meet you, Taeyeon. My name is Catharine de Azul." The vampire introduced herself. "I am happy that we have talk a lot earlier, you will start working with me the day after tomorrow." Then she smiled angelically, "Adieu, my friend." She walked away.

 

After Catharine was gone, she scoffed and continue to clean. "Friend? Tsk." She scoffed, why would a vampire like her called her a friend?

 

~~

 

"Thank you, come again!" Hyoyeon cheerfully bid a goodbye to her last customer in the shop. She started to clean the table using a clean cloth. Ginger, Samyeon and Yeon-Yeon went to her and greeted, Hyoyeon smiled at them. She kneel and patted softly their heads, "You guys hungry?" She asked and the three yelped. She smiled again and get something in her bag, "Here." Hyoyeon gave the three pieces of bread to the three dogs. She watched the dogs eating their food, "I wonder what Taeyeon's doing now?" She whispered.

 

"Hey, Hyoyeon." One of the clerk called her name, she stood up and smiled. "Yes?"

 

"I will be going to my grandfather's birthday for three days, and you will be in charge in this shop when I'm gone." He said to her, "I can handle it." She answered. "Alright, here is the key." The head clerk threw the key to Hyoyeon and she fetched it. "Have a lucky day!" And she bid a goodbye to his head clerk as he went out of the shop. After that, she continue to watch her dogs eating. Her question was answered when someone opened the door, she smiled as she stood up. "Taeyeo--" it was not Taeyeon who came, but a man with black coat went inside. "Uhh, sir. We are closed, you better come back tomorrow." Hyoyeon said to the man, but he didn't heard what she said so he continue to wander inside the shop.

 

"Our shop is close, sir. You should--"

 

"Are you Hyoyeon Kim?" the man asked her, she didn't answer and stayed silent. "We've been looking for you for a long time with your sister, Taeyeon." he added and looked to her. Her eyes widen and stay back from him, 'For a long time, they are still hunting us down?' Hyoyeon thought. "How?" she asked in a very low tone, the man smirked and stared at her with his red orbs in his eyes.

 

A sudden barks startled Hyoyeon's fear, their pets barked at the man. Ginger bit the coat of the man, Samyeon growled and lunged at the man but he ripped the dog's head causing Hyoyeon to scream, "SAMYEON!" she scream in fear. Then Yeon-Yeon was going to lunged at him, but his neck was caught and broke it by the vampire's hand. She screamed again and cried, Ginger was the next will be killed. "No..." she begged and closed her eyes, hoping that this is just a bad dream.

 

"You bloodsucking demon! Get off your dirty hands on Ginger!"

 

Hyoyeon's eyes opened as she heard Taeyeon's yell, she looked up and saw her older sister fighting against the vampire. "It's been a while, you kids. I didn't knew that you are still alive." the vampire said to her, still gripping Taeyeon's both wrists. "I thought you both sisters died after your parent's death."

 

Ginger quickly went to Hyoyeon then carried her, "Taeyeon!" she called her sisters name. "Hyoyeon, run!" Taeyeon shouted, "No! I won't!" then put Ginger down and find some knife. "Err!" Taeyeon gritted her teeth, "Get away from me, you demon!" she shouted. The vampire laughed, "I will, but I need a boost first." then he showed his long white fangs and sink it to Taeyeon's neck. The older woman arched her back as she felt both pain and pleasure, "N-No!" she tried to hold back her scream. Her body went numb and her blood is draining out of her system.

 

The younger woman plunged the hungry vampire's throat, the vampire backed away and fell down. Hyoyeon went to her sister, she almost vomit when she saw Taeyeon's teared neck. "T-Taeyeon... wake up." Hyoyeon whispered to her ear, her eyes opened slowly and saw Hyoyeon. "Run... You have-- to run..." said Taeyeon. She shook her head, "No... I won't leave you here. I won't run away without you." she cried and holds her cold hand.

 

"I maybe turn... or die... you have to run... away without me..." Taeyeon said, "I want you... to live and grow old."

 

Hyoyeon still shooks her head, "No! You said we will live and grow old, if you... if you die, I'll die too!" she said. "No, Hyoyeon... Take Ginger with you... and leave this land. Find a place where no vampires... only humans." The older woman said. "I want you to live happily without me... You have to promise me..." It's hard for her to leave Taeyeon, she's almost like everything to her. However, she stayed strong for her. "I... I promise." she said and cried again. Taeyeon smiled faintly, "Take Ginger and leave... now." she said to her. Hyoyeon nodded, carried Ginger with her and leave.

 

After her sister leaves, she let herself die there with a smile...

 

"Live well, Hyoyeon." that's the last word she said after she out.

 

 

TAEYEON

I shot up from the bed when I suddenly felt my throat burning like hell, something was coming out of my gums and felt more pain than ever, I feel... thirsty. What was happening to me? I held my two hands and I saw something different, it is white as snow. Next was I saw what I was wearing, a simple black night gown. "Curious about what you are now?"

 

I heard a voice coming from the left, I saw a beautiful young lady holding a tray with a glass of... blood? I looked at the container revealing the color of the blood, I feel the hunger inside of me. I try to hold it back but its too strong, "Hey, don't hold it back." She said and present me the glass full of blood, "You have to drink this to relieve your blood lust."

 

"Blood what?"

 

"If you force yourself to hold it back, you are going to be insane." she said, "Here," she held me the glass. "No!" I refused as I slapped her hand while she's holding the glass. The glass almost fall on the ground as I slapped it. "You have to drink blood, lady. Its good for you." She said, "I said NO!" I insist. "If you insist." She sighed and leaves. I can feel the hunger inside me, it growled again and makes me more hungry. I looked to the direction where the container was, poured the blood on the glass. I just stared at it and quickly drink it, the hunger disspeared and I feel everything comes back to normal. Another maid came, she smiled at me and bows, "Lady Catharine was waiting for you, she wants to see you." she said and was going to walk away.

 

"Wait," I stopped her by holding her arm, she looked to me. "What?" her eyes was perfectly curved and her lips was glossy and pink, I was back in the reality quickly. "Tell me, am I still a human?" I asked, "You are no longer a human." she answered as she shakes her head. That stopped me, I tried to remember what happened. I was on my way back to the shop where Hyoyeon worked, I suddenly stopped when I heard her scream inside the shop. I saw the vampire gripping Ginger tight while Hyoyeon was crying in the corner. I stopped him from killing Ginger, and then he bit me and that is all I know...

 

I looked down as I remembered everything, "Come on," she said and pulled my arm, "She must be waiting for you." She said and we went out of the room. As we went outside, I saw a beautiful living room with a colors of gold, red, black and white.

 

"Good evening, sleeping beauty." I startled as I heard her voice, my head turn to the direction of the round table and saw Catharine reading an old book while sitting in her chair. She smiled like an angel, but I knew she's a demon, a bloodsucking demon. I just glared at her, "What did you do to me?" I asked. She just smirked and put the book down on the table, "Aro did that to you." She answered. "Aro? The head of the Volturi?" I asked, she just nodded. "I was not aware of your death, it just came so fast." She said, I scowled at her, "How did the head of the Volturi turn me? I'm just a low-class--"

 

"Yes, you are a low-class human maid but Aro sees a potential in you, so he turned you. If Aro sees potentials in a human being, he never doubt to turn them." She cuts me off. "But what about--" I gasped as I remember my sister, "What about Hyoyeon? What about my sister?"

 

"Calm down, Taeyeon. She is fine, your sister is fine. But..." She paused. "But what?" She looked to me, "She was turned too. I'm sorry." She frowned. Hyoyeon too? I clutched my hands into fist, "Why?" I rushed into her but the two strong arms stopped me. "You bloodsuckers! Why did you do this to us?!" I shouted, "We never did something wrong with you! But why are you doing these things to us? WHY?!"

 

"That is why I hated you! I blamed you all vampires! You killed the people we loved just for blood!" I cried out. "Is that the only reason why humanity was conquered by our kind?" she asked and went closer to me, "It's because we humans are your food! Killing them just to live!" I shouted. She glared at me, "Listen, Taeyeon. I know you hated us, but look what you are now. You are one of us, so there's no way you're going to change it back."

 

I was stopped. I am now one of them, I'll never be a human anymore. But my mind said opposite, "It doesn't matter! I will kill myself to end this--" I was stopped when I felt an object impaled on my stomach. I looked down and saw a blade in my stomach, I felt pain on it so I suddenly fell down. Catharine's eyes went red and still looking at me, "See? If you kill yourself instantly, you're body will regenerate the wounds in just few seconds but you will feel the pain." She said and showed her hand holding the blade stained with my blood. "These blood of yours was black, it means you are dead."

 

"What? Dead?" She smirked and kneel down, "You do not know exactly about us." She said. "You only know that we just drink blood to live and we are bloodsucking demons, that's all." Then she stood up and was to go away, "I'll give you some time to decide if you're going to join us or not. I'm a mindful and accessible person." Then she left.

 

"You'll get used to it, shorty." Said the woman who looks like a deer face and followed Catharine.

 

~~

 

Four days later...

 

After what happened to us, everything changed quickly. I joined her to know how to live like them. Catharine told me everything about vampires and how do we survive, she is right, a person who turned into this is dead. I'm dead. Now, I became a maid of her sice I agreed to her offer one time.

 

I also think that 'am I the only one who worked as maid of her?' She said that she has seven more maids that I can talk with, out of seven, three of them are still human. Stephanie, Jessica and her sister, Krystal are the human maids. But I have to be careful, there's a possibility that I would harm them or worst... kill them. Especially, Stephanie, she's just like my sister, cheerful, approachable, and friendly. She's the first person who went to me, she knows that I'm a vampire.

 

My sister still not coming out of her room, I was worried. After we turned, everything in our life was changed. I went closer to the door and knocked it, "Hyoyeon... Can I come in?" I called out but she wasn't responding. I knocked again, "Hyoyeon? My sister, it's me, Taeyeon." But still, no response. I sighed and was going to knock again when she suddenly opens it, I saw her eyes are red. "Can I come in?" I asked, she just let me in with no response.

 

She closed the door and we went silent, I never seen Hyoyeon was this quiet, all I know was she's a cheerful yet mischievous sister, now I'm seeing a different Hyoyeon, she is quiet. I broke the silence as I sighed and looked to her, "It's been four days since I last saw you." I sat beside her and forcing myself to smile. She's still quiet, "Lady Catharine sent us here become her maids, you have to work too." I said.

 

"Why did they turn us?" She asked, not looking at me. I looked down in a second then I looked to her, "The head of the Volturi turned us... I don't know why but he turned us because he can see something on us." I explained. This time she looked to me with teary eyes, "What happened to the promise, Taeyeon? What happened to that?" Hyoyeon's voice was cracked because she was crying. "We are not growing old, we're not alive anymore! We are dead!" She cupped her face by her both hands.

 

I hugged her while she was crying, I know my sister very weak, she was scared and cries easily. "Shh, don't cry. I know it's hard to believe, but we can't change it. This is what we are now, we are now one of them." I said to her, "We just have to get used to it and live as a monster now." I know its hard, but I have to be strong for Hyoyeon.

 

We are once a human, eventually became the creature that we hated the most. There's no choice to die but to survive as a vampire, that's what Catharine said...

 

 

---

Yepieeee! Updated already! And this chapter was my first long update. Hahaha!

gwad! I'm sooo exhausted! My eyes already hurts!

I know your excited of what's next... So be patient!