Finally waking up

The Price of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark was still a bit confused with what happened earlier with Jackson. He didn't actually apologize, not that he expected him to. Though, indirectly, he knew what Jackson meant.

Jackson wasn't really that bad. Jinyoung did say he wasn't always like that. At least Jackson did appreciate him in some ways.

Though, there was something that was bothering Mark. What does Jackson mean by 'feeling uneasy' when he was with Jinyoung?

Mark doesn't want to have this idea that Jackson Wang, of all people, likes him. It was absurd. How can he like someone like Mark? He quickly dismissed the thought.

Stop dreaming, Tuan.

The door opened, and Jackson entered the room with a grin on his face. He should always smile, he looks much more attractive, and Mark mentally slapped himself.

Get a grip.

"You leaving?" Mark tried not to sound too sad. Jackson's presence made him feel safe for some reason, and he wished that Jackson didn't notice the disappointment.

"Nicholas called me. Training was cancelled today."

"Oh, that's too bad. So, are you heading home?" He shook his head. "Oh, you going somewhere?"

Jackson shook his head again, and sat beside Mark. That smile on Jackson's face looked so different on him, or maybe, he's just not used to him smiling. His smile was different from Jinyoung's. It was gentle yet strong, while Jinyoung's was warm and made him want to smile as well.

Mark was happy, at least he got to see Jackson smile like that.

Why was he even comparing two of the most different people? Though, not totally different. They actually had the same reactions, though they only have different gravity in reacting.

"I'm going to stay here." He said. "With you"

"Why?" Mark asked, but was a bit relieved, knowing that he won't be leaving.

"Just because." Mark chuckled a little. This sort of reminds him of Jinyoung. "What's funny?"

"Jinyoung usually says that." Mark noticed the change in Jackson's expression.

"So?"

"Nothing. It's just that you two are actually similar with each other, in some ways."

"What's our difference then?"

"Well, I guess you are more-" Mark stopped and thought of the best words to describe him. "Manly than he is. Jinyoung is actually more on the cute side." Mark guessed Jackson was happy with the answer.

So childish.

"What's funny?" Jackson asked again, noticing Mark's quiet laugh. He gently patted the other's cheek. Wait, was Jackson blushing?

"Nothing, Wang."

"You know, you and your Dad look alike."

"Yeah" Mark sighed and shifted his attention to his Dad. "I just wish he'd wake up soon."

"He'll wake up soon, don't worry." Jackson took Mark's hand and gave it a light squeeze, easing Mark a bit.

"This is all my fault. If it wasn't for my education, my Dad-" The tears were welling up again. Jackson suddenlt cupped his chin, and locked their eyes.

"Stop blaming yourself. It wasn't your fault. It was that heartless gunman who did this, not you."

"But-"

"No buts. You're a good son. Stop blaming yourself. He'll be fine."

"Thank you, Jackson." Mark smiled as he Jackson wiped the tears away with both of his thumbs.

And then it happened. Mr. Tuan groaned. He groaned. He was waking up.

"Dad?" He groaned again, eyes slowly opening.

His Dad was waking up.

---

Jinyoung hates a day like this. He has this class that doesn't start until six. Why on earth was this kind of schedule made? Who wants to stay at school this late? The only class he likes is the one with Mark.

Speaking of the redhead, he hasn't been answering any of Jinyoung's texts, and it makes him wonder what Mark has been up to all day. He'll find out soon enough. His class was ending soon, and he can't wait to get out of here.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter