Added Predicaments

The Price of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark had learned that the person was Choi Minki. And indeed, the person was a boy. He got so confused at first. But, Jackson addressed him with an endearments for males. Other than that, the other boy hadn't added any more information about the brunette. 

Jackson carried Minki to the bedroom, while he waited at the living room. The two had been in there for quite some time now. He was curious, of course. But, it wasn't any of his business to ask. He kept contemplating with himself, if he should just leave. Because, it seemed that his friend had other matters to attend to.

The door suddenly opened, startling him a bit. The familiar figure stood in front of him, with a worried expression. 

"He's asleep" The other said. 

Was he in the position to ask about Minki? He didn't know the boy personally. So, it would be best not to ask anything. Instead, he silently nodded. 

"Come on, let me give you a ride to school."

"N-no n-need." God, why was he stuttering? He cleared his throat. "I mean, you don't have to. I know you have things to do."

"Mark-"

"Jackson, it's fine. I'll be okay commuting. I still have extra time." He added a smile. Though, it did feel a bit forced. But, it seemed to be convincing.

"I'm really sorry, Mark. I'll make it up to you, okay?"

"You don't have to, really. I'm fine. I guess I better get going then." He stood up. "I hope your friend gets better." He walked up to the front door, giving Jackson a small smile befre reaching for the door knob. "Bye"

"Take care" He hummed, walking out afterwards.

Why was he feeling sad all of a sudden? He clearly understood Jackson's situation. But, why was he having this heavy feeling inside his chest?

The bus had finally arrived. He went on board and paid for the fare. There weren't much passengers today, so he had the luxury to choose his own seat. He took the one near the window. 

The vehicle temporarily halted at the next stop. About three passengers went in, and he actually knew one of them.

"Mark?" So, it was her.

"Hello, Min."

"I guess you're on your way to school?" He nodded with a small smile.

"Yeah. How about you?"

"I'm actually on the way to work." Work? Min seed younger than him. "If you're wondering, I stopped college for a while. I need work right now."

"That's nice." Though, he felt that it made the environment a little awkward.

"Yeah, it's fine."

"Of course. I would do the same thing for my family." Min smiled at him, relieving him a little. "Where do you work?"

"Remember that small cafe near your school? I work as a barista there."

"Wow, that seems really exciting."

"It's okay. You should drop by with Jackson and Jinyoung." She said. "Speaking of, how are you and Jackson?"

"Oh, we're good."

"You guys going strong?" He felt himself blush. 

"We aren't together like that."

"Oh, well. This is embarassing." She chuckled, biting her bottom lip. "Why not though?"

He chewed on his bottom lip. Should he disclose his situation with Min? Maybe, he could explain things to her. Girls knew best, right? And, it would be nice to have a different point of view. Plus, this would be a great time to create bridges with the blonde girl.

Though, he was hesitating. Was it because she used to be Jackson's girlfriend? That shouldn't bother him. He had nothing to do with them. Just like with Jackson and Minki.

Right? Right.

For the whole ride, he ended up explaining everything. About Jackson, Jinyoung, his family, the dilemma he was feeling with the two boys. And it was nice, seeing Min nod every time he said something. Though, he thought their conversation would be cut. But luckily, they had the same stop. The continued their talk in the nearest park, conquering the small bench. They still had some extra time to spare.

"So.... there." He said.

"Wow" Min blinked twice, chuckling afterwards. "You are in a very sticky situation."

"I know" He shrugged, sighing. "I seriously don't know what to do."

"Do you want my advice?" 

"Of course"

"Well, I guess your main problem is being torn between the two." In simpler words, yes. She was right. "But-" She suddenly stopped. Min seemed a little conflicted.

"But?" He raised both of his eyebrows. 

"I'm not sure if I should say this." She said, pursing her lips together. "Let me ask you something first. Have you met Jackson's grandfather?"

"I have"

"So, you must know how he is? How ruthless he can be?" He suddenly remembered the experience he had with the old man. 

Ruthless wasn't enough to describe the man. It was beyond that.

"I'm not discouraging you, okay? Just- Be careful. Their families can be a little harsh, especially with rich families like the Wang's and the Park's, too." He felt a sudden warmth on top of his hand. "I need to go." 

She smiled and soon, walked away. Her words, they gave him a different feeling. They felt like warnings. He could feel the worry in the blonde's voice. He suddenly felt a little nervous. 

Maybe, this was a reminder for him. He was not in the same level with the two. He should be more careful on how he should act around them.

Regardless of the the two boy's kindness, social status would always be there to remined him how far apart he was from them.

Reality was slapping him in the face.

---

It was actually a surprise to see Ren in f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter