Thoughts

I love you, Nerd.

 

“Let’s cover him with dirt ‘cause he’s ugly!” The boy shouted and the other children circled around him and started throwing dirt at Kevin.

He didn’t know what to do and he started to cry. “Please, stop… stop it.” He whispered to himself.

“Stop bullying him!” Cherrie shouted furiously. She pulled the tallest boy on his shirt and punched him on the face. All the children were dumbfounded from what they saw and they ran off.

“Kevin!” Cherrie said when she reached him. “Are you okay?” She asked.

Kevin lifted his face that is covered with dirt and tears. “Cherrie..” He whispered weakly and hugged her.

Cherrie felt sorry for Kevin, he’s always bullied by other children because his size—he is skinny and his height is of a 5 year-old than an eight year-old. He wears thick glasses and easily gets sick. “Awww. Don’t cry. I'm here.” She said and wiped his face with her handkerchief.

"You know, you shouldn''t be scared of them, Kevin. You're strong." She said. 

He stared at her blankly, "I'm not," he looked down at himself, "I'm small and they're definitely bigger than me. There's no way I could fight them." He said, dropping his shoulders and walked ahead of her.

Cherrie caught up with him and tapped him on his right shoulder, " You know what? One day, you're gonna grow stronger until they can't hurt you anymore. You're gonna be as tough as me." She said, smiling with full determination. "You just have to believe you can, okay?"

Kevin glanced at her and blushed slightly, he nodded. "Thanks, Cherrie."

She ruffled his hair and grinned wider, "Good boy!" she said and chuckled softly. 

-

 

“Hey, earth to Cherrie? Hello?” Siwon, Cherrie’s friend  said that interrupted her trail of thoughts. She blankly looked at him. “What?”

Siwon shook his head, “You’re day dreaming again. I said we need to re-do the hotel operation plan for next month because the new owner is coming this weekend.” He said and pointed at the papers scattered on the table.

Cherrie is a hotel operations supervisor in Seoul Grand Hotel, a rising 5-star hotel situated in Kangnam, Seoul. Formerly Intercontinental Seoul Hotel, the management decided to bind a partnership with a larger hotel group three months ago, changing its name to what it is now. Luckily, she kept her job unlike other employees of the said establishment. They were informed that the new ‘boss’ wants to change everything and so, they’re redoing plans and operation proposals to present when they meet their new boss.

“Oh,” Is the only reply she gave Siwon who looks tired from the sleepless nights that they’ve been working for the proposal.

He stared at her as if waiting for a real answer from her, “What?” She asked growing impatient from his cynical stares.

“That’s it?” You’re unbelievable, Che. I’m dead stressed to finish this and your thoughts are flying off somewhere in space. Do you understand that we only have three days to finish this?”  He said frustratedly but tried to say his litany as calmly as he could.

“Why do we have to re-do it, anyway?” She asked him, “General Manager Kim said he likes it, doesn’t he?”

“But our boss didn’t.” He answered, disappointment is written over his face.

It ticked her off, “Why that jerk. We worked extra hard for this! He should show me his face so I could give him something he deserves.” She gritted her teeth, cracking her knuckles. “Then, I’ll make him approve our proposal and—“

“You’re gonna get fired.” Siwon finished her sentence. “He’s the president, Cherrie. You’re just a supervisor.”

He’s got a point. She worked her hardest to achieve her position now and she won’t let their jerk boss to ruin everything. She sighed and started gathering up the scattered papers in front of her. “You’re right.” She forced a smile and glanced at him, “Okay, we should start working now, Mr. Siwon.”

The latter smiled and touched her face, “That’s my girl.”

She moved his hand away and raised a brow at him. “I’m not your girl, Siwon. Don’t make me laugh.” His face turned serious from what she said, “You know that I like you even before, why won’t you go out with me?”

“Coz we’re friends, that’s all.” She answered.  Siwon has been open for her feelings for her but Cherrie has no feelings for him other than being a friend. “Let’s start working.” She added.

“You know I won’t give up on you.” Siwon whispered and diverted his attention on the computer.

Cherrie heard what he said clearly, but she thought it’s better to pretend that she didn’t. Siwon is a great guy, and she has all the chances to say yes to him, but there’s something—something deep inside her heart saying that it already belongs to someone else.

--------------------- 

This chapter is kinda boring. Lol. Bt, wait! Don't leave yet. /puppy eyes/  The next chapters will be better. I promise! <3