Beautiful stranger?

I love you, Nerd.

 

Dugeun, dugeun..

Cherrie’s heartbeat grew larger as the employees begun to enter the large function hall for CEO Kevin Woo’s ‘announcement’ that afternoon. “Moment of truth, Cheerie.” She thought and looked around for any signs of Kevin.

“This announcement of his is making me curious. I wonder what he’s up to now. Are you sure he didn’t tell you anything back in Jeju?” Siwon interrupted her mini-search for the CEO. She gave him a small shrug and bit back a smile, not wanting to spoil her surprise to her friend.

“There you are, Ms. Heo.” Mr. Kim gleefully greeted her.

Cherrie bowed at the latter and flashed him with a smile. “Mr. Kim, congratulations.”

The 50-year old male smiled and took hold of her hand and shook it gently. “Congratulations to the both of us! Honestly, I really thought you could fit the job well even before I became General Manager. Good luck, Ms. Heo. I wish you all the success.”

She nodded at him and smiled, “Thanks, Mr. Kim. You too.” She answered sternly, not wanting Siwon to furrow his eyebrows more on what the former General manager is blabbering about. Mr. Kim bowed and excused himself and went to the group of board members seated in front of the stage.

“Okay, what was that about?” Siwon asked, obviously bewildered about what’s going on.

The crowd suddenly went silent when CEO Kevin Woo entered the large hall and went to the stage. Cherrie turned her attention back to Siwon who was still waiting for her reply, she gave him an assuring smile. “You’ll know in a while, Mr. Choi.” She said and patted him on the back.

“Good afternoon, may I ask Ms. Cherrie Heo on stage.” Kevin announced, making everyone, including Siwon look at her with questioning expressions. Cherrie walked towards the stage and joined Kevin Woo. This is it.

“Today is a special day for Seoul Grand Hotel. After her excellent performance for the past years of her service as hotel operations supervisor, I, together with the board members and executive vice presidents have decided to promote Ms. Heo as the new General Manager of the hotel.” Kevin said in a serious tone, with that everyone started to applaud.

Cherrie bowed and Kevin gave her the microphone. He shook her hand gently, he mouthed ‘fighting!’ and smiled at her when he noticed her hand shaking.

“This is it, it’s happening.” Cherrie though and sighed before speaking. “Thank you, Mr. Woo.” She started and turned to the audience. “I promise I will do my best not to disappoint all of you. Thank you.” She said and bowed again, earning another applause from the employees. She gave the microphone to Kevin and he spoke again,

“Thank you for taking the time to hear the announcement. Have a wonderful lunch, everyone. Good day.” With a nod, they both got off the stage and people started to exit the function hall.

“That went well, doesn’t it?” Kevin whispered to Cherrie.

“Yeah, I’m relieved.” She replied with a smile. And the board members gave her their congratulations and shook her hand.

Cherrie saw Siwon shaking his head and smirks at her from a distance. She knows what he meant by that look, she’s got to tell him everything once they get together again. She nodded at him before he left the hall.

“This calls for a celebration, right?” He whispered with an obvious hint of seduction in his voice and held her waist.

She tried to stop herself from smiling and pushed him lightly, “Kevin, people are staring. They might get the wrong idea about my promotion—“

“Let them talk about us. We know the truth, anyway. You’re competent and we’re really dating, aren’t we?” he said with a smirk.

“Ah, n-neh,” She nodded, well, she has to get used to this. Dating Kevin Woo means, no commitments, nothing more.

He held her hand and smiled, “ Why don’t we have lunch together? Then skip work, go to my place and..” he smirked and whispered the last sentence to her, making her feel heat all over her body.

“O-okay,” is all she could reply.

Kevin gave her a satisfied smile, “Alright, I’ll meet you at the parking lot. I’ll just go get something at my office.” He said.

--

She went to her office and told Siwon everything that happened in Jeju. Well, most of it. she was in the middle of her story telling when she was interrupted by Kevin’s call, saying that he’s already waiting at the parking lot. She promised Siwon to continue with the story when they got the chance to talk again and bid him goodbye.

Cherrie rushed towards the parking lot, on her way, she was walking too fast when she bumped into someone. The woman fell on the floor, with widened eyes, she helped the lady back on her feet.

“I’m so sorry, miss!” Cherrie apologized. She bowed and looked at the woman. She seems to be younger than her, but looks more sophisticated and obviously not a Korean.

“I-it’s okay.” The woman said and looked up at her, smiling. ”She’s so beautiful,” Cherrie thought.

“I’m sorry, but I have to go. I’m quite in a hurry.” Cherrie gave her a weak smile and left the woman.

--

“You’re late,” Kevin said to her when she reached the parking lot. He opened the car door for her.

“I’m sorry. I bumped into someone along the way.” She said and climbed inside the car.

Kevin smiled at her and started the engine, “It’s okay, you’ll pay for it later.” He smirked and played with her hair. Cherrie lightly punched him on the arm and chuckled.

“Let’s go?” he said, Cherrie nodded and Kevin drove off to she doesn’t know where, but sure enough, it’ll be an exciting afternoon.

 



 

I'm back from the dead. Lol. I'm terribly sorry for not updating for over a month. T_T I've been busy at chruch, and my graduation. lol. that means I'll have to find a job soon! XD Haha. Anyway, I think it's a boring chapter, but I need to put up this one, the next chapters will get more interesting. Please look forward to it! ;)

Comment and subscribe! <3