Seeing an old friend

I love you, Nerd.

Heyyyyy! I'm so excited to put up this chapter that I didn't even proof-read it. lol. I hope you'll enjoy every bit of this chapter as I did writing it. ;) be sure to leave comments, alright? :D 

 

On other note, I am so sorry but I can't help but put this gif of Kevin. It's just so.. /melted and evaporated. lol. Okay, now enjoy the dreamy Kevin Woo gif and this chapter. Go go! ;)

 


 

 

“Do you know how hard it is to find the address you gave me, Cherrie?”

She chuckled, “You’re just not good at following directions, Siwon.” Said Cherrie with a smile.

 

“I sent you my address a week ago, what took you so long?” she added and entered the apartment building.

Siwon smiled and followed her inside.

“So, this is where you live now?” he asked when they arrived at her small apartment on the second floor.

“I actually think this is larger than my apartment in Seoul.” Cherrie grinned as she handed him a cup of coffee. “So how are you, Siwon?” she asked as she sits down on the couch across her old friend.

“Well, I’m still a hot bachelor in Seoul since someone’s been dumping me ever since I met this girl.” He smugly raised his eye brow, “And I’ve been promoted, can you believe that? Me, being promoted.” He shook his head as though he still couldn’t believe his current career achievement.

Cherrie half-smiled and stare at her coffee as she remember her former home, the hotel, the people she worked with.. him..

“That girl must be stupid, huh? Hurting you like that..” She trailed off, smirking, playing along with Siwon’s teasing. Siwon has been a great friend to her, and they both know that’s all they will be. Cherrie did draw the line for the both of them and Siwon finally accepted that. Now, the asking-you-out-and-getting-dumped has become an inside joke between them. And Cherrie’s grateful that they’ve remained friends after all these years.

He chuckled and studied her face, “Cherrie?” Siwon called, taking her away from her short reverie.

“Hm?” she replied,

“How’s life here? Did you find friends?” he waited expectantly at her answer.

“I’m starting to love everything about this place, it’s beautiful here. And yes, I’ve met new friends. I’m working in a small bakeshop near the Yi Sun Shin Square.” She forced a smile, trying to shake away the thoughts of him that’s starting to invade her mind.

“That’s good to know,” Siwon smiled at her and took a sip of his coffee.

Cherrie and Siwon talked about a lot of things that night—the hotel’s planning to invest on building a chain of hotels in different tourist destinations in Korea called Discover Korea Hotel. The first construction has started 3 months ago in Jeju Island. They talked about random things and Cherrie couldn’t help feel that Siwon is somewhat avoiding talking about him. Surprisingly, she felt grateful and disappointed at the same time. “I wonder how he’s been. Did it work out with Annie? Is he searching for me? Do I ever cross his mind? …”  She shrugged the thoughts off, knowing that there’s no point in asking or even thinking about him. At that moment, she almost felt stupid to find herself drifting her thoughts to Kevin.

You ran away because you want to forget don’t you? So stop thinking about him. You’ve been doing a good job distracting yourself, Cherrie. Stop putting it to waste.” She thought and forced a smile at Siwon before heading out the door.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Cherrie. Good night.”  He waved goodbye and his rented car drove off to the hotel he’s staying at for the rest of the night.

Back in her apartment, Cherrie leaned against the sliding glass door that leads to a small balcony, the moonlight brightly shinning on her face. She sighed and closed her eyes, maybe seeing Siwon again brought back a lot of memories she’s been trying to forget.. Or is she really making any progress? Even she couldn’t bring herself to answer the question.

-

-

-

Cherrie woke up later than usual; she had trouble sleeping last night. Every time she closes her eyes are flashbacks of memories of Kevin and her. They were so vivid that she found herself almost sobbing in her sleep.

Good thing it’s her work off today, she met Siwon at his hotel that noon to show him around the neighborhood.

“So where do we go first?” Siwon asked as he starts the car engine. Cherrie thought for a second and smiled, “How about we go to the beach and along the boardwalk? There are shops there and the view from the deck is beautiful. Siwon nodded and started driving while she gives directions.

They spent the rest of the afternoon at the beach and the boardwalk, enjoying the autumn breeze brush against their skin. After going around some tourist shops, they decided to eat where Cherrie’s working as she promised him.

“Hey, Cherrie! I knew it was you walking from a distance.” Eunseok cheerfully greeted her from the counter, oblivious of Cherrie’s company.

“Hi, Eunseok.” She greeted him with a smile. “I was just showing a friend around,” she glanced at Siwon, “Siwon, this is my boss Eunseok. Eunseok, this is Siwon, he’s my friend back in Seoul.” Eunseok turned towards the latter and bowed slightly.

Siwon bowed and offered a hand, “Nice to meet you,” Eunseok took it and shook it. “Welcome to Yeosu. I hope you’re having a great time here.”

“I do, thanks.” He answered briefly and gave him a small smile.

“Did I hear Cherrie’s voice?” Eunji appeared from the pantry, they exchanged hello’s and Cherrie introduced Siwon to her and all Eunji did was stare at him, obviously struck by the man before her. she mouthed, “He’s HOT!” to Cherrie when the two walk to their seats, making her chuckle at her friend’s quick infatuation for Siwon.

She had blueberry cheese cake and iced coffee, while Siwon ordered a slice of triple chocolate cake and tea. Eunji gleefully gave Siwon various slices of cakes as take-aways before they leave, “It’s a welcome gift,” she said as an excuse to talk to him, he happily accepted the gift not that he loves cakes, but because he thinks Eunji was cute and she has this radiant glow in her that intrigues him. Cherrie noticed the way the two gazed at each other and she realized something starting between the two, she anticipated it’s something beautiful.

-

-

-

“Are you sure you don’t want me to drive you home before I return the car at the rental shop?” Siwon asked as he pull over the hotel parking lot.

Cherrie unbuckled her seatbelt and smiled, “Yes, I prefer walking home. Thanks for the offer, though.”

Siwon nodded, “Alright, then.”

They both got off the car, “It’s really nice to see you again, Cherrie. Yeosu’s a wonderful place.” He said and gave her a tight hug.

“Same, it’s a shame you could only stay for a short time. Call me when you want to visit.” She smiled and hugged him back. After waving each other goodbye, Cherrie started walking to her home.

The sun was setting when she reached her street. The sky is turning to a vast of orange from the remaining rays of the sun and the ocean tranquilly dancing with the wind, creating tranquil waves that kiss the shore. Breathing in the cold sea air, she stopped for a while to seize the peaceful moment. This is one of the things she loves about this place—she could close her eyes and feel as if time would stop, briefly comforting her, to make her believe that everything will be all right in the end. But obviously, time won’t really stop for her—or even give her the chance to go back and change the way she did before. There’s no other way for her to do but to move forward, go on to a future with uncertainty, but hope for a better tomorrow. That’s what she’s been trying to tell herself for the past eight months, but things are easier said than done.

She sighed and continued walking, turning to the corner, letting her mind drift away from the thoughts that clouded her mind. Oblivious to her surroundings, she passed by a black car parked on the sidewalk just a couple of blocks away from the apartment complex. Cherrie stopped walking, standing by the rear end of the car when she heard a honk from it, glancing, she noticed that the engine was running and someone’s sitting on the driver’s seat. Though she could barely see from the heavy tint who the driver was, she was sure she haven’t seen this car around the neighborhood.

Not noticing that she’s been staring at the car since she stopped walking, the door opened and a figure emerged from the vehicle. Making Cherrie gasp, suddenly nailing her from where she stood.

“Cherrie… I thought I’d never find you.”