Meeting

I love you, Nerd.

 

Cherrie’s POV

“Good afternoon, Mr. Woo.” The two men politely greeted the new president with a bow. And I just stood there, my mouth hanging open and frozen to where I’m standing. Am I dreaming? Are my eyes playing with me? How could it be that the new president of Seoul Grand Hotel is Kevin Woo?

“Cherrie,” Siwon whispered, distracting me from my trail of thoughts. I regained my senses and slightly bowed. “G-good Afternoon Kev—Mr. Woo.” I stumbled on my words. Aish, Babo! He just answered with a smile, but not reaching his eyes. It made me cringe inside. I hate seeing those cold eyes of his.

Awkward silence.

I was thankful that Mr. Kim broke the ice, He placed the hard copy of the presentation on his table and Siwon paced to the corner of the room to set up the laptop and projector for the presentation. “Sir, here’s the copy of the operation plan for the next six months. Shall we start the—“

Kevin cut him off by holding up one finger at him as he scan the first few pages of the plan. “Is this the best you can do?” He said without looking at us and not talking to anyone in particular.

“P-pardon s-sir?” Mr. Kim responded in horror.

Kevin looked up with those cold eyes that felt like it can throw millions of daggers through you. “Do I have to repeat what I just said, Mr. Kim?” He said making the incompetent General Manager paler than he’d ever been. Mr. Kim gave me a quick glance mentally sending me a message that he needs help.

I took a step forward and all 9 pairs of eyes were on me. “Sir, If our proposal didn’t please you, we can change it for you.” I said formally. I hated it.

“How could you present something to me if you don’t have confidence in your work, Ms. Heo?” Kevin said with a blank expression, “Re-do this, I need to see this tomorrow.” He added but this time, with full authority in his voice. I couldn’t believe Kevin Woo, who was the school’s prince of inferiority was able to say that. Plus, it felt like ice is being poured to my whole being, Re-do everything? Pass tomorrow? My mind is about to turn blank because of anger, disappointment and confusion.

“Did you hear me, Ms. Heo?” Kevin called my attention.

 “Y-yes, sir.”

He nodded once, “Good. And by the way, Ms. Heo, now that you know who you’re working for, be professional. Just because we’ve known each other doesn’t mean I won’t be hard on you. I am your superior and you should show respect. I’ll expect your operations plan tomorrow.” He said with those piercing cold eyes on mine. Is he referring to what happened earlier at the lobby? I tried to say something and defend myself but nothing came out.

“You’re dismissed.” He said he raised the receiver, “Secretary Lee, them out of the office.” He said to the person on the other line. Few seconds after, his secretary came in and lead us to the doors.

--

“You know that guy?” Siwon asked when they got back to the office. Cherrie gave him a tired glance at him , “Unfortunately, yes.” she said and head back in front of the computer. 6 months of operations plan in exactly 23 hours. She stared at the blank power point slide, she wanted to cry. Where did her confidence ran off to when she needs it? Why is Kevin being like that to her? Maybe because he’s still mad at me. She thought, “Ugh.” She grunted and face-palmed. She couldn’t do anything now but finish the presentation. He may be her new boss, but Cherrie is determined to show Kevin Woo that she can do what she’s told. She’ll deal with the fact of Kevin being all rude and irrational towards her later.

-------

Short chapter. >< Sorry for the late update. I just got back a few days ago from a vacation and was dead for a day. Lol. I hope you like it though, I'll update few more chapters this weekened. I PROMISE! <3

Comments

comments! :")