Bitter-Sweet

I love you, Nerd.

 

“Jaeseop, you don’t have to carry that for me. I’m good.” Cherrie said walked towards the man carrying a box that hold all her office needs, old and new and extended her hand so he could give it to her. But Jaeseop just shook his head and walked pass her and placed the heavy box on the large glass table.

“No worries, Ms. Heo. It’s my pleasure to help you organize your new office.” He grinned, making his eyes form a thin line.

Cherrie chuckled and lightly punched him on the arm, “What’s with the formalities, Jaeseop? I’m not used to you calling me ‘Ms. Heo’.”

The latter chuckled, “Simply ‘cause you’re my boss now.” He said and walked over to a large painting sitting by the wall. “Where do you want to hang this one?” he added, bending down to carry it. but Cherrie stopped him.

“But that doesn’t mean we won’t be friends anymore.” She smiled at him. “Kevin called some workers to organize the office for me, don’t worry about it.”

Jaeseop sighed and looked at her, “Alright, then. I’m going back to work now. I’m really happy you got promoted, Che.” He said and walked towards the door, “ Will you join us at lunch later?”

She nodded, “Sure, my treat.” Cherrie winked at him and waved her friend goodbye.

Cherrie sighed and sat on her large leather swivel chair and looked around. It has been three days since the announcement of her promotion and she started to transfer to her new office. It still feels so surreal to her, living her dream job after years of hard work. She smiled to herself and gave herself a small pat on the back. She stood up and enjoyed the view of the city though the large glass window.

Just then, she heard a soft knock on her door and Kevin entered her office wearing a sweet smile on his face as he paced towards her.

“Hey, beautiful.” He greeted and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

“Hey,” she said, blushing. They’ve been like this since they got back from Jeju but she still feels all giddy inside every time he kisses or touches her. She turned back to the window and Kevin had his arms wrap around her waist.

“I knew you’d love the view from here.” He said, resting his chin on her shoulder. Kevin chose this office for her, he knows her that well that she’d love to see the view from her office.

“I do, thank you, Kevin.” She whispered and held his hands. Kevin hugged her tighter and sighed, “It’s really nice to hold you so close like this.. it feels like I don’t want it to end.”

Cherrie smiled and rested her head on his chest, “I feel the same way, Kevin.”

He held her shoulders and made her turn to face him. “Do you love me, Cherrie?”

Cherrie smiled and nodded, it was more than enough for Kevin. He cupped her face and kissed her passionately. Could things get any better for the both of them? Truly, Cherrie doesn’t want this to end. Never..

-

-

-

A week passed and It was easy for her to adjust in the work load since she’s done some of the tasks when she was still working under Mr. Kim. She haven’t seen Kevin that day since he just came from a conference for hotel CEO’s in Korea. She was expecting to run into him during her daily check around the hotel, when she accidentally bumped into someone familiar.

“I’m so sorry, I’ve been bumping into people lately.” Cherrie bowed at the person and looked up to realize it was the same woman she bumped into, over  a week ago.

The latter gazed intently at her who seems to remember her too. “Oh, it’s you. The girl from the other day.” She said with widened eyes. “I’m sorry for always bumping into you. I’m not looking at where I’m going.” She bowed slightly and gave her a shy smile.

“I-it’s okay,” she smiled at the woman. Cherrie was again left staring at her, this woman looked more beautiful than the last time she saw her.

“To make up for it, let me treat you for coffee.” The lady said to her. But Cherrie shook her head, “No it’s fine. Really,”

“I won’t take no for an answer, dear. I insist.” The woman hooked her arm around hers and started to drag her outside the hotel. “Beautiful, but stubborn,” Cherrie thought to herself as they walk towards the small café across the street.

After they took their orders, the lady beamed at her. “Oh, I’m sorry for being rude. I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Annie.” She said, extending her hand to her for a handshake.

“Cherrie,” she smiled and they shook hands. Soon, their orders came.

“So, do you work at Seoul Grand Hotel?” Annie asked her and Cherrie nodded.

“Yes, are you a guest here?”

Annie shook her head and spoke, “No, I’m just looking for someone.” She then chuckled softly and bowed to hide her flashed face.

“Someone? Is he working at the hotel too? If you want, I can help you find him.” She smiled sincerely at her. She’d be glad to help her new found friend.

Annie blinked at her and bit her lower lip before speaking, “You will?”

She nodded, “Of course,”

“Uhm, well. This guy, he’s my fiancé. I’ve been looking for him since I arrived from America. But her seems to be hiding from me.” she chuckled softly and blushed, “You see, we were engaged by our parents. But I really like him. I believe he does too, he just doesn’t want to admit it yet.”

Cherrie just nodded as a response, why does she feel uncomfortable after she heard her story? Is she referring to.. No, she must be paranoid. She tried to shrug the thought off her mind and forced a smile at Annie.

“So, will you help me find him?” she asked as she waited for Cherrie to reply.

“Uhm, sure.” She said half-heartedly. And they returned back to the hotel.

-

-

They were walking towards the front office when Cherrie spoke again.“May I know his name? so we can ask the HR to—“

“Kevin oppa!” Annie nearly screamed, she ran towards the startled Kevin who was walking alone on his way back to his office after a meeting. Annie hugged him and kissed him on the cheek. The scene immediately sent invisible knives piercing her heart. Is this why she suddenly felt uncomfortable earlier? is Kevin the one Annie’s referring to?

“Annie? Why are you here?” Kevin said, hugging the lady back but still wears a surprised expression on his face.

“I’ve come to see you, silly!” she said as she released him from the hug and lightly punched the guy’s chest. “Don’t you miss me?” she pouted cutely at him.

“I—I missed you too, I was just—surprised to see you here.” He answered, and Cherrie heard everything. And it felt like the knives penetrated deeper in her chest.

“When did you come back from the states?” he asked. How can he be so cool in this situation? Can’t Kevin see it’s getting harder for her to breathe just by seeing him with his “fiancé”?

“Three days ago. I’ve been looking for you every where ever since I came back. I’m so glad to see you again, oppa.” She answered casually.

Cherrie couldn’t stand the scene anymore, turning around and ready to walk away. But Annie called her.

“Cherrie, wait!” Annie called, she forced a smile and faced the two, immediately meeting eyes with Kevin who seems to look happy to see her, which made her heart crumble more. is he enjoying this moment of her pain?

She hooked-arms with him and smiled at Kevin, “They look perfect together.” She thought bitterly, breaking her heart more.

“You seem to know each other, how did you meet?” Kevin asked casually.

Cherrie couldn’t stand to look at his face. She glanced at the other direction and didn’t answer.

“We bumped into each other before, and we got along pretty well. Right, Cherrie?” Annie interrupted and grinned at her.

Cherrie forced a smile and nodded. “Y-yeah,”

Annie smiled, “He’s the guy I’ve been talking about.”

“Oh, I-I could see that. I’m happy for you, congrats.” Her voice cracked, she better get out of there before she starts to cry her heart out.

Kevin confusedly glanced at the two and stared at Cherrie, “What are you—“

“I better go back to work,” she cut him. Not wanting to hear what else he’s going to say to hurt her. She’d seen enough to realize that he doesn’t really love her. With a quick nod, she turned her back at the two and walked away.

She couldn’t control her tears anymore, as soon as she enter her office Cherrie cried out every tear she had. “He’s engaged.. he—he lied to me.” she mumbled in between sobs. How could she give in to him with his sweet words that easily? Her knees broke down as she continues to cry. “You did it, Kevin. You’ve finally succeeded in breaking my heart, you’ve made your revenge now.” 

 


 

Yay! Updated! \(*v*)/ lol. It was just a random idea to make Jaeseop/AJ to have a min-cameo in this chapter. lol.

And, what's this? I have 30 subbies already? WOW! Thank you so so much. :*

Anyway, How's the chapter? Let me know your thoughts, 'kay?

Comment and subscribe! <3