Bargaining is Not Easy!

My Million Dollar Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Two hundred thousand dollars” that’s only fifty percent of Jiyong’s ‘budget’ of buying a wife. But of course, if Thunder will agree, that would be more favorable to him. He started the ‘bargaining’ at one hundred fifty thousand dollars.

                He added another one hundred thousand dollars because it’s as if it hasn’t registered to Thunder yet the financial improvement of his offer. His attention is focus on other aspect.

                “Don’t get me wrong, sir.” He said as he blinked his eyes when Jiyong mentioned the amount. “I love my noona. But if ever she’s not my sister, never will I think of courting her. Aish! Maybe if you grow up with her, you will understand my sentiment. And I assure you, sir, within one week of being with her, your hair will turn white. ” thunder said continuously then shook his head. Remembering his noona makes him uneasy.

                He just smiled with what his secretary said. Thunder didn’t understand that the ‘flaws’ of his sister where exactly the same reason why he think that Dara suits the role of being his housewife. The answer lies within the word ‘housewife’: HOUSE. Dara ALWAYS stays in the house, not interested in hanging out, hates malls.

                When he first saw her, he was actually not interested. He even think that it was Thunder’s maid who opened the door. But he saw Dara’s ‘potential’ when she served the snack. The poolppang was good but what really caught his attention is the presentation of it. He has a hunch that she’s addicted to Martha Stewart.  It meant only one thing: Dara would always find something to do inside the house. She will never get bored.

                But what really cinched it was the fact that she did not want to drive. She likes it more to be a passenger. Meaning, she doesn’t want to be in control. She will not react and involve herself to his decision and opinions. She will just nod and be contented sewing or experimenting in the kitchen.

“Thunder, I’m your boss for two years now. Maybe you already know that I’m the type of person who knows what I want. I want to marry your sister. Aren’t you happy that I’m willing to pay you to convince her to marry me?” he said as he tried to convince him. If jiyong will be asked, he wants it to finish immediately. But that’s the problem. He knows Thunder and he also knew that he will be offended if he will directly say that he’s buying is noona. So, he needed to put an act, as they say. He needed to convince him that the money was not to pay him but because of his desperation to be Dara’s husband.

“I know that you can’t put a price on someone. But I really wanted to make sure that Dara will agree. You know that wooing is not my thing.” Jiyong said o thunder while looking intently at him as he wants to emphasize his point. What he said was true. People tend to think that because lots of woman has shown him some interest, he’s excellent in sweet talking. On the contrary, he doesn’t kow how to do that. He doesn’t know how to court girls. It was them who makes the step to be near him. If he likes the woman, who is he to refuse? He gains himself a girlfriend effortlessly.

                “But noona will just give you headache, sir.” He paused for a while, played his fingers as if he was nervous with what he is about to say. He then bowed his head as he continue. “The truth is… I… I already treat you as my friend.”

                He was touched with what he said. Actually, he, himself, also see Thunder as his friend. A brother that he never had. Well, on second thought, good thing he is not his sibling. Because if he is, that would mean that Dara will also be his sister. It would be to marry your own sister, right? He shook his head to shove those thoughts away. “You know that I al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter