Dinner Conversation

My Million Dollar Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Jiyong was carrying a box when he entered the house. Like a full-pledge housewife, Dara was already in the living room to welcome her husband from work.

                “Hi,” he greeted her and smiled.

                “Hi! What’s that?” she asked pertaining to the box he was holding.

                “Uhmm.. N-nothing. Is that our dinner I’m smelling?” he moved the box away from her.

                “Yeah. I will set the table. Are you hungry?”

                “Yes, please. I’ll just go upstairs.”

                Dara then prepared their dinner. Buffalo Chicken recipe from Martha Stewart’s magazine and fettucine with white sauce. She enjoyed preparing their food because the ingredients was not a problem. Her husband was so rich. She has a huge budget to buy all the things she needed and wanted. Ingredients that cannot be seen in a regular supermarket and grocery like different kinds of cheese, mushrooms, vinegars, et cetera. There’s a special store for those.

                And she didn’t even have to leave the house. She bought them online. It’s like Jiyong’s gold card has no limit. So to make up for that, she always makes sure that the food were delicious and special.

                But no matter how good the food is, no matter how beautiful the presentation, Jiyong only wants one thing—a child. That’s the reason to all. That’s their agreement. Their marriage had to be consummated.

                She’s not afraid because she doesn’t know anything about uality. She was too well read to know enough. But the case was, she can’t admit to Jiyong that she’s afraid that he will not be satisfied. She’s not y. She doesn’t know how to be y.

                The problem is that, she can’t feel that Jiyong desired her. His attitude, it seemed to her, was just to do it for her to get pregnant.Like a business plan that needs to be executed.

                It was confusing.

                Because even from the start, she knew that he only wants to have a child. There’s no emotional attachment to their agreement. She agreed. She thought it was easy. She even bought lingeries to their honeymoon, determined to give Jiyong a son because she want one too.

                But something happened on the day of their wedding.

                He was late.

                Not just late. He looks drunk. His suit was perfect. He was dashing. He even wore shades when he entered the place so it looked like he just came out from the pages of a magazine. He literally took her breath away when he entered the chamber.

                Then, he removed his shades.

                His eyes were red and dark circles under them appears when he is talking. His mouth smelled that of a breath-freshener but she still smelled a hint of hard liquor on it.

                Why did he get himself drunk?

                Maybe he had second thoughts. Planned to back out but remembered the one million dollars he paid.

                She sighed.

                And he kept on looking at his wedding band as if he wanted to remove it from his finger. She even caught him shooking his head while looking at the wedding ring. He looked like someone forced and regretted it.

                She was hurt.

    

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter