Jiyong's "disconnection" Attempt

My Million Dollar Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Is that what it is?” Miyuki was looking at the wedding band.

 

Jiyong suddenly became guilty. Why is it that he forgot to remove the ring when he’s on his way to her hotel suite where she lives when she’s here in Korea? It’s too late to remove it now.

 

“When?” she asked. If ever she has hard feelings about it, it was covered by curiosity and surprise in her voice.

 

“A month ago. Hush-hush.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Why what?” he asked because he doesn’t know how to answer her question. Why did he get married? The answer was only between him and Dara.

 

“Why did you get married hush-hush?” There was amusement in her voice.

 

“I just wanted a quiet—uhm, peaceful wedding. I didn’t want something elaborate and huge.”

 

She crossed her legs. “Why are you here?”

 

That, my friend, is the question.

 

“I guess.”

 

“I have a rule you know. No married man. I tried it once. ‘Didn’t like it.”

 

“I just want to tell you personally.”

 

“Nice of you.” Her voice was full of sarcasm.

 

“I need your opinion.”

 

“About what?”

 

“I don’t know. I feel lost.”

 

“You’re still adjusting.” She said, shooing her hand as if the thought was nothing. That he’s just making something big out of small things.

 

“I think I made a mistake.” He shook his head and bowed.

 

Miyuki smiled. “That’s easy. File a divorce.”

 

He had forgotten that Miyuki did not want to complicate things. When she’s giving advice, she was tactless.

 

“I don’t think that’s the solution.” He uttered.

 

“You’re not here for my opinion, Jiyong. I’m sorry.” She stood up and walked towards the door. She opened it as if saying that he can now go out.

 

 He sighed and headed towards the door. “I’m sorry. I wasn’t thinking straight.”

 

Miyuki patted his cheek. “You be good.”

 

He nodded and left.

 

If truth be told, he went to Miyuki because of one thing. It was not for opinion. He wanted to take her to bed. Just like before. It’s important for him; at least, he thought so. It’s important to get back his “routine” prior to his weddi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter