The "Ceremony" Preparations

My Million Dollar Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was ridiculous. 

Jiyong wanted to laugh at himself when he stopped and stared at his "project" he called "Bedroom Makeover in less than thirty minutes". He thought the result was okay. He got the desired effect. Calm and romantic.

He changed the beddings from eggshell white to warm pink. It was suppose to be a gift to one of his employess who will be married soon. Maybe he will give him silverwares instead. He also gathered all the decorative candles and placed it on the places he knew where needed-- bedside table, coffee table and on every corner. He lit the candles and turned the lights off. The room was bathe in soft, warm and slightly flickering glow.

The place was filled with scent of eucalyptus, citrus, lavender, rose and a hint of apple.

But it wasn't those things that made him want to laugh. The funny thing was the reason why he became an instant interior designer. Before their supper was ended, Dara and him agreed that tonight was the night they will be doing his... heir.

He felt so happy when he realized that his wife was now agreeing. He felt grateful, which was sort of stupid because it's really Dara's obligation to give him a child. He paid her one million dollars and signed that he will not care on how she will spend it. All he wanted was his heir. If a heiress will come out, she needed to be pregnant again. Even if it took them a dozen, he didn't care. He wants a son. 

So he didn't need to be grateful because of Dara's consent. It was in their agreement. Still, he could not help feeling thankful. He also felt he needed to "condition" the "mother hen."

So he filled the room with candles. He's so funny. He had dated a lot of women and they are the ones who did everything to condition him. Really, truly, he did not have to go the extra mile to get his wife in the mood. Dara did not have to be in the mood. The only goal is for her to get pregnant. If truth be told, romantic ambience is not needed. he has a lot of lotions-- hand, body and foot.

"Sir."

He looked at Minah when she opened the door. "These are the only roses I picked."

"Hand them to me." he grabbed the two-long stemmed rose from her grasp. "Sleep already. Don't bother coming out if you hear noises."

When Minah was gone, he stared at the flower he was holding. Ha has totaly gone mad. Aish! Let it be! It's already here so why not do it all the way? He removed the petals and scatter them on the bed. After that, he also spread the adult magazines on top of it. It will be good if Dara will read them while he prepare himself. 

But he changed his mind at the last minute about the magazines. If he wanted to make the woman arouse, he should do the "work" himself.

"Right." he said. But remembering Dara's appearance whenever he arrive from work makes him think that he was the one who needed the adult magazines to be aroused. She wears loose pants and loose shirts. No make-up and smelled like rubbing alcohol. So how can he lust over her? Even when they went to Palawan, he didn't saw her wearing swim suit because they didn't swim together.

Come to think of it, maybe she didn't swim at all. "Hmm. Let's see." he placed his hands on his hips while looking at the spread of adult magazines on the bed. He stared at the cover of Playboy. Looks generic, he thought. Blond, blue-eyed, implants. He hated "enchanced" s. Of course it's good to look at but he didn't know how to hold them. EVen if the woman assured him that it's okay to hold them, that it will not burst, he felt like he was playing a water-filled balloon that will burst any minute. Scary! What if she sue him? ual harassment, malicious intent, destruction of property, whatever.

He picked up the Playboy and was about to flip it when Dara knocked. After they eat, she headed straight to the guest room and locked herself there. Maybe she's praying, he thought while preparing the room. He was suppose to call her when he's done. 

But she knocked first. 

He quickly grabbed the magazines and placed it under his shirt on the cabinet.

"H-hi." he was still panting caused by his nervousness when he opened the door. 

"H-hi." she flashed an unsure smile. She was wearing a robe that is floor-reach, tightly closed. The last woman he saw wearing those is his great-grand mother.

She let her hair down that looks like newly-combed. It was shining. And the flickering flames cast her face in dramatic glow and shadow. She seemed really pretty.

The problem was, the lighted candles also made her look so innocent. Truly, undeniably, definite a . Maybe if he will place something white on her head or even a sky blue towel, he will automatically recite the "hail mary."

His bride. SO pure. It's like a mortal sin to peel off her clothes.

How can he touch her without thinking that he is the male version of medusa?

Dara walked towards the bed while he only observe her eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter