Dara's Awaken Self

My Million Dollar Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's only natural that Jiyong is in a hurry because he was already late for work. Not because he's the owner, he has the privilege to be late. There were important papers or documents to sign and meeting to attend. In other words, she should not complain just because her husband didn't give her even a single goodbye kiss.

Dara sighed. What Jiyong gave her last night was much, much better than a peck on the cheeks. She shouldn't ask for more. Instead, she should be thankful for the good fortune that came her way.

In a blink of an eye, she instantly became a millionaire. Not bad for someone like her who only wants to save enough money to pay her caregiver and buy herself some diapers when she gets old. That's the only future she saw for herself. Then Jiyong came along and showed her another view. A glimpse of a future far, far better than what she imagined for herself. 

Jiyong was heaven sent so instead of asking him for more, she should understand his misgivings if he has some.

She was just being insecure. Which was not needed. Because even if he doesn't love her and she was paid to be his wife, the fact remained that he chose her. There are lots of women but when he saw her, he offered her a huge sum of money to be his wife and the mother of his child.

He saw something in her. She should remember that. He respected her and decided to give her the honor of bearing his child.

But is he a king or a god from Olympus to select a rightful woman? He was still human. His money did not give him the right to view women as commodity.

That was the cynic in her that she dismissed at once.

Jiyong may not be a king or a god from Olympus, she thought, her husband earned the right to feel and be superior than most. The evidence was on the other room. His home office or study. On its walls were different diplomas, certificates, commendations, medals, trophies, plaques-- each one recognizes his excellence and being first on everything that he do.

He was a valedictorian in grade school and high school, has a master's degree in Business Administration from one of the Ivy League Universities in America. Mixed with the different medals and plaques of honor where recognitions for being a Quiz Bee Champion, MVP, Best Troop Leader. He also has a picture in grade school, in full Boy Scout regalia. It's a Youth Leadership award given by civic-oriented groups.

No, Jiyong was not an ordinary person. He won't achieve all of those if he was ordinary. 

She was lucky to be his wife.

So instead of emoting and complaining, she should play her role as his wife well. She continued fixing the room and returned all the candles Jiyong used last night to their proper places. 

And she should make the bed. She removed the sheets. Although she did not bleed much last night, the sheets were stained, not just with blood but with other body fluids.

She opened the closet and gets some fresh sheets. It was on the lower shelf and was still on the plastic of a laundry service. She can't understand the need to use a laundry service when the washing machine in the house was heavy duty. That's one of the things she will change. She will let Minah wash the sheets and comforters. She noticed that she still lacks knowledge on how to serve properly so she will train her as one of her responsibilities.

Dara is not used in having maids so training Minah would not be easy. She's not comfortable commanding someone but she should train herself on how to be a boss. Her life is now different. She needs to adjust.

Together with the plastics of bed sheets and comforters were the laundry service receipt. She inspected the dates one by one and gets the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter