Dara's Twin Rival

My Million Dollar Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dara’s emotions were mixed or rather she was half-hearted regarding her and Jiyong’s argument. She was both irritated and happy. Irritated because obviously, her husband is not welcoming the idea of her having a business. Another thing was, even though indirectly, he admitted that he didn’t really sleep with her on purpose.

 

Also, she was happy because she was able to answer back at Jiyong and not only once did she earn a point. Since she was little, all she ever did was to avoid arguments for she lacks confidence that she can deliver her insights well. She was also too emotional when she was young. Even if it hasn’t started yet, she was already crying.

 

So even if she was problematic with her and Jiyong’s situation, she was still optimistic. She had found the courage to speak her mind with utmost confidence. Before, it’s as if there’s an inner conflict or struggle in her personality. All the things she say or do, there’s a part of her that’s opposing. It’s like there’s two Dara on her body. One was a coward and the other one was brave. She can’t combine the two to balance them.

 

In times that she’s in favor of the brave Dara, she felt like she was being punished by the coward her. She was filled with doubt and terror.

 

But now, she felt whole and balance. Give credit where it was due. She was irritated with Jiyong but not mad at him. Even if it’s not his intention, he helped her achieve that wholeness. So now, that was what gives her trust and hope that she will receive the love of her husband.

 

One of these days.

 

“This one.” She said then points at a Hollywood actress on a magazine to the hairstylist.

 

“Are you sure?” he asked.

 

She nodded. “Graduated bob” was what it was called based on the caption. It’s down to her neck but not reaching her shoulders. She can tie it on a ponytail if ever she became lazy to fix it.

 

“Okay, let’s do it.” the hairstylist said.

 

He will also dye her hair and put some highlights to it. He immediately notice that her hair hasn’t gone any treatment yet and commented on it. There’s a hit of admiration and curiosity in his voice.

 

“It’s not needed before,” she answered. She thought he will let the topic pass.

 

“Why? Where were you before?” he asked while laughing.

 

“I-in our house.”

 

“Housewife? You’re divorced now?”

 

“No.”

 

“Where’s your husband?”

 

“I don’t know.” What time is it?  It’s after lunch already. She heard it before from Thunder that Jiyong’s attending a club meeting at this time of the day—some kind of young businessmen club—she doesn’t know where. It hasn’t pass her consciousness yet to know her husband’s whereabouts.

 

She also didn’t think of what other people might say regarding her answer, particularly the woman beside her whose hair was being straightened.

 

“Me too. I don’t know where my great husband is.” She sarcastically said, rolling her eyes and smiling at her. Smile of someone giving sympathy and understanding.

 

“Huh?” she uttered.

 

“It’s good that I don’t have one.” The hairstylist said.

 

“How many children do you have?”

 

“None. We’re newlyweds.”

 

“And he’s already missing? Gosh!”

 

“Well, he’s not missing. It’s just that I don’t know where he is at this moment.”

 

The hairstylist laughed. “What, in his office? Querida? Dubai? What is it?”

 

“Meeting. I don’t know where so—I don’t know.”

 

“Ah!” he exaggeratedly uttered, giving high five to the other stylist who’s also laughing.

 

“Yeah, she doesn’t know. You’re so malicious.”

 

“I thought you’re also a member of the club.” The woman said. “Desperate housewives club.”

 

She just smiled as she realized how detached she is in the society.

 

“Maybe your husband is good looking that’s why you wanted to be pretty. Am I right?”

 

She just shrugged her shoulders.

 

“What’s your name again?”

 

“Dara. My husband’s Kwon.”

 

“Kwon? What’s his name?”

 

“Jiyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter