Chapter 21

My Million Dollar Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Where were you this afternoon?”

 

“Why are you home only now?”

 

Dara and Jiyong asked at the same time so they also stiffened at the same time. Jiyong was going up the stairs while Dara was going down. For the second time around, she slept late. The first time was when they made love till dawn, but she can’t feel that she’s tired because she was happy.

 

She’s not happy now. She waited for Jiyong to come home since nine in the evening. Her shopping spree ended late so she was expecting him to be home by the time she arrives. But he was not. She can’t contact him on her phone. Thunder didn’t also know where he is.

 

She doesn’t have any plan to sleep late because she was tired. She expected to fall asleep once she hit the bed. But that didn’t happen. There were so many thoughts about her husband that is running in her mind. She had never felt so worried and so afraid that he was with another woman. Or maybe he decided to finish their relationship, if there is any. She doesn’t want to cry but she can’t bring herself to be logical with regards to her husband’s ignoring, her tears flowed freely.

 

And maybe it was the hardest to cry while waiting, afraid of what might happen. There were times when she had to suppress her sobs to hear the sounds outside. Every car engines’ sound that will pass to their house made her heart leap.

 

When she stopped crying at midnight, she stood up and did a vigil on their window. She also didn’t want to do that, but the hard thing was she can’t bring herself to do and think of other things. She can clean the house, organize the closet, read but she doesn’t have the will and motivation to do any of those. It’s as if all she could do was to think, to be scared, to anticipate and wait.

 

She waited for two hour on the window until she saw Jiyong’s car. She felt so relieved. But angry. She was angry because Jiyong made her feel that kind of fear. Angry for she was letting herself to look like an idi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter