Chapter 22

My Million Dollar Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where’s Dara?” he asked, exiting his room still clad in his pajamas, his hair was disheveled, creasing his forehead as nervousness filled him whole.



He overslept. It was ten in the morning. Jiyong was wondering why that happened. It was a first. Before, even though how late he sleeps, he always wakes up at 7 in the morning. It was so seldom to happen that when he felt like he still need some sleep, he will sleep again. But today was different. He didn’t wake up at all. He slept straight.

 

And Dara was not at home.


When he realized that, he panicked and his sleepy state immediately left him. His eyes snapped open at once, heart thumping crazily inside his chest. He remembered their conversation last night. He stood up and immediately ran towards the closet like a madman, not minding the things that tumbles because of his carelessness.

 

Her clothes were still there. That means, she will be back. He heaves a sigh of relief, wiping the sweat that formed in his forehead with the back of his hand.
 

“She went out at around nine, sir.” Minah answered, facing him as she stops vacuuming the floor.
 

“Did she tell you where she went?” Maybe in the supermarket. Please let it be the supermarket.
 

“No, sir. She didn’t mention where. But she was talking to someone over the phone. If I heard it right, it was Attorney Choi.”
 

“Attorney?” he tilted his head to the left, creasing his forehead yet again. Lawyers meant legal matters and legal matters included properties, taxes, marriage.

 

“Oh, !” his eyes widened in horror as realization of what might happened hit him. He ran back towards his room, dived in his bed, got a hold of his phone over the side table and called his brother-in-law Thunder.
 

“'Lo?” he heard Thunder's husk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter