Twenty Six

Secrets That You Can Never Know

There wasn’t much that DaeHyun could do to stop YoungJae bleeding, he had already ripped his shirt and tied it around the others abdomen as tight as he could, he was even pressing down on the wound as YoungJae attempted to breathe and calm down.

The others had left as soon as red started pouring out of YoungJae’s side. There was no point in staying for anything other than that. They had no reason to kill either YoungJae or DaeHyun. Sure they weren’t what they wanted but, they had morals.

YoungJae whimpered under DaeHyun’s hands, eyes closed and fists clenched.

“Come on Jae, it will be okay… When you’re ready, we will go back to YongGuk and HimChan…” DaeHyun whispers, he has no idea what to do. He is in shock to be honest, he never thought that YoungJae would get injured; he never even considered the possibility. Nor did he expect to feel so… empty… so hurt…

“Dae…” YoungJae whispers, smiling up at his friend softly. “Do you know why I ended up with YongGuk and HimChan?”

DaeHyun can’t help himself; he lets out a soft chuckle. “I don’t think now is the time to tell me that, do you?”

“I do…” YoungJae sighs, placing his hands over DaeHyun’s and pressing slightly harder, “I know that they didn’t hit anything that could kill me… But I could still die from loss of blood… or pass out cause it hurts so freaking much…”

Each time YoungJae speaks, it comes out in a breathy whisper, as though he is tired of staying awake, as though he just wants it all to stop…

“You are not passing out on me. And you are defiantly not dying on me.” DaeHyun leans in to YoungJae, “I can’t lose you, not because of this. Not because of anything.”

With half lidded eyes, Jae smiles weakly, “You sound like you’re confessing… When you don’t know my past…” he starts to laugh before coughing and wincing in pain.

“That’s it; I am taking you to the van.” Kneeling next to the other DaeHyun gently puts his arms under YoungJae’s knees and torso, picking him up in a princess hold. YoungJae moans in pain and leans into DaeHyun holding onto his side as DaeHyun starts walking.

With closed eyes and shallow breaths, YoungJae decides that in order to keep his mind off the pain, he needs to talk.

“The reason I ended up with HimChan and YongGuk is because of what my family does…” he sighs, the only people that know his complete past are those who were involved in it and those who had protected him from it.

“You don’t have to tell me,” DaeHyun sighs, finally walking out the door of the shed.

“Shut up and listen... My uncle… worked with Doctor Bang on the preliminary plans for JunHong… He was one of the few that thought that there were still too many problems for the technology to be even used for JunHong... But he agreed that they needed to do some human tests… but he fell sick before JunHong arrived and didn’t get to see his work become reality… When he died… My family… My father… he found out about all biotechnology…”

“And he wanted it?” DaeHyun huffs, shifting YoungJae in his arms.

“Yes… He was one of the first people to attempt to recreate JunHong…”

DaeHyun’s eyes widen. “You’re kidding right? That guy… That was your father?”

“Mm… He cared so much about creating someone like JunHong that he didn’t care about me… didn’t care about my mother… My mother left him… but left me with him…”

“I remember YongGuk telling me about your father, but he never gave me any names. He said that they found him using his son to gain money for his project…” DaeHyun holds YoungJae closer, his heart pounding in his chest, “You didn’t… You didn’t sell your body did you?”

YoungJae turns his head away from DaeHyun, looking ahead of them and ignoring the question. DaeHyun stops walking, they’re nearly at the gate but he wants to know. Needs to know.

“YoungJae…?”

The other gives a short nod, “Twice...” there is silence between them and DaeHyun starts walking again. “Dae…”

“Yes?”

“Am I allowed to sleep now…?”

“As long as you promise to wake up again.”

YoungJae hums softly, already feeling as though he isn’t far away from passing out. DaeHyun pauses again, lifting YoungJae’s torso up and leaning down to meet him half way, pressing his lips against YoungJae’s.

“Just an incentive to wake up.”

 

When JongUp wakes up he is in the back of the van with JiEun by his side staring at her nails. He touches the back of his head and winces.

“What happened?” He asks voice husky and throat sore. JiEun jumps at his voice and looks over. Her eyes wide in shock.

“He is… It… Blood…” JiEun mutters, before bursting into tears. “My fault…”

JongUp slowly sits up, attempting to comfort JiEun but ends up holding onto his head as it spins from the movement; he closes his eyes and sighs.

“Ah! JongUp! Thank goodness you woke up!” HimChan squeals from outside the van, he pulls the door open and is instantly inspecting JongUp’s head. Looking over the wound at the back of his head. “It should be okay, no stitches, just a bit of glue I think.”

HimChan sighs and looks out the window for a second before turning back to JongUp. “You did a good job.” He smiles sadly.

“What happened?” JongUp asks, remembering nothing after kneeling on the ground. He had closed his eyes and then when he opened them up again he was next to JiEun in the van. He knew he didn’t have any supernatural powers so someone must have carried him here.

Sighing again, HimChan moves to get more comfortable on the back seat, in between JongUp and JiEun. “You got hit, obviously, and so did JunHong, he glitched. We heard a gun go off so we ran over to see what was happening. JunHong was nowhere in sight and JiEun was crying next to you. YongGuk and I carried you both back here, and that’s when we saw DaeHyun carrying YoungJae… I don’t know what’s happened there, YongGuk went over to help… But I don’t think it’s good…”

Nodding, JongUp looks over at JiEun, who is still muttering to herself whilst crying. “Do we know what’s happened with JiEun?”

HimChan shrugs, “I would say its shock. She keeps talking about how it’s her fault – which, honey it isn’t, its YongGuk’s – so she is probably stressed out a bit too. Once we work out where JunHong is we can leave and take everyone to Natasha.”

“HimChan!” A deep voice calls, and has HimChan on his feet in an instant.

“I’ll be back, make some room for YoungJae.” He says, before running out of the van to meet YongGuk and DaeHyun.

 

JunHong normally doesn’t notice much when he glitches. It sort of comes with the glitch, unable to notice things that are important, unable to associate people with meanings and feelings. Normally, when he glitches, he can’t see what’s in front of him.

But right at the moment JongUp went down, it was different.

He felt the glitch run through his body, in the process of preparing his body to attack. But instead of blacking out, as though he was charging, he saw everything. He had very minimal control over what he was doing. He could stop himself from going towards JongUp and JiEun, he could stop at least that. But everything else, he just watched.

He watched as the several people came toward him with stun guns among some other things. He watched as he took them all down, smashing the guns under his feet. And then, when one of the others got close, he would feel the electric shock of the stun gun run through his circuiting. It wasn’t unpleasant but it wasn’t exactly nice. Nothing like charging.

Another thing that was different about the glitch this time was that, as time went on, JunHong felt like it slowed down.

That was until a gun went off.

He didn’t know where it was exactly, but it was close to him and the glitch knew it. It ran faster through him and JunHong didn’t have enough time to even watch as his body threw itself at the attackers. His body moved too fast for him to notice where he was even going.

And then, before he knew it, before it had even registered in his mind, JunHong was at the van. He could see JiEun, blood on her hands, crying, as JongUp, with a gaping gash at the back of his head, attempted to console her. He could see YoungJae barely breathing with his shirt, and DaeHyun’s soaked in blood leaning against DaeHyun, who was whispering in the others ear. JunHong found HimChan in YongGuk’s arms. Both of them resting against the front of the van.

“JunHong?!” HimChan yelled when he noticed him. JunHong smiled, feeling the glitch simmer down, and then disappear altogether… along with the energy he needed to keep awake… 

 

A/N:: so this was meant to be the last chapter... but I felt like I needed more space to write the  last part. So yeah. One FINAL chapter comming your way soon~! Thank you once again to everyone who has subscribed and those of you who have commented or up voted or just been reading since the begining. I love you guys thank you for supporting me and my writing XD <3