Sixteen

Secrets That You Can Never Know

“This is a stupid idea. No way will it work. They’re smarter than DaeHyun gives them credit for…”

“I know, you know, but we don’t have any other ideas…”

“I suggested we lock them in a room together…”

“You know that wouldn’t work. JunHong would power down and JiEun would know the truth about him. It’s bad enough that they like each other. We can’t stop him from telling her that, but that secret has to stay between all of us.”

“I know… I just wish that they would have sorted it out by themselves. They are smart enough to do that.” YoungJae sighs, he thinks DaeHyun’s plan is just as stupid as his own, and he knows that HimChan is right. They can’t let two secrets get out because that would ruin everything they have worked for.

“Well, they can’t… And we have no other ideas… So we have to organise this so it will work.” HimChan opens the door to the café letting YoungJae inside.

YoungJae sighs again, “But really…? Involving strangers had to be part of this?”

He didn’t like the fact that they were the ones who had to go to the café and pull strangers into their mess. YoungJae didn’t really like socialising with anyone more than his confusing house mates. He preferred hanging out with DaeHyun to going on a date with a girl and he really disliked ordering food and often got others to do it for him. Really, he was an antisocial bug.

“YoungJae…” HimChan looked at the younger male and felt bad for having to make him do this when he knew very well that he disliked talking with anyone.

“I know… ‘It’s the only way’” he quoted DaeHyun’s comforting words to them before they left to make preparations.

The two of them walk up to the counter and start discussing with the waitress behind the counter their plan. The girl nods in full understanding and asks the two to wait while she gets her manager. While she explains the plan to him the two boys prey for the approval.

The manager looks at them, “All this just to get two people to realise that they feel for each other?”

HimChan nods, “Yes sir.”

“Sure wish I had friends like you when I was younger. So, when were you planning to take action?”

YoungJae smiles, happy that he would have made DaeHyun proud, “Tomorrow sir.”

“Perfect! I shall be ready when I get your call!”

They leave the café with the manager’s number and bright smiles since DaeHyun’s stupid plan actually fell into place.

***

JunHong

“Do I have to go?” I ask YongGuk over the phone. To be perfectly honest, I want to stay here, not do anything… Maybe sleep for eternity.

“Yes. You need to get out of the house. Now please, come. Don’t be late.”

I sigh as he hangs up leaving me no choice but to obey and get out of the house. Donning a straw fedora-like hat and a grey suit jacket I walk out the door with my skateboard under my arm. Ready to face the real world for the first time and eat some cake with YongGuk Hyung.

 

JiEun

JongUp has me by the wrist, and is pulling down like a child.

He is even whining.

“Please~! I want cake!” He whines, pulling hard, practically dragging me along the foot path.

Class finished an hour ago and ever since he has been whining about wanting cake. What cake – apparently – it doesn’t matter. Although, a butter cake seems to be at the top of his list.

I sigh, trying to hide my smile at his childish actions.

“But what about your abs?”

Considering his figure is great, and his abdominal muscles are his pride, this should be a way of squirming out of eating something designed to make you feel better – or worse.

He lets out a laugh, “I’ll go to the gym later. But now, I want cake~!”

“Why?” I whine, I don’t want to go out. I want to go home and curl up in my bed. I don’t want cake.

“Because I’ll buy it and because you can have anything you want.”

“I give in.”

Because who can say no to free food?