Nineteen

Secrets That You Can Never Know

JiEun

Yawning I rub my eyes only to wince in pain and in confusion. Slowly opening my eyes I am greeted with a fluorescent light and white ceiling. It’s not much different from my normal morning view, except the light is wrong. Turning my head to the side, I yawn again. This time I see a patterned curtain, one that I have never seen before, in my room or in our house. Sitting up quickly to examine my surroundings I see a large window to my right with two small armchairs in front of it. From the corner of my eye I notice there is also a drip connected to my arm. It’s obvious now.

I’m in a hospital.

The only question is why. Why am I in the hospital?

I examine myself, pulling back the blanket that is covering my body. I only end up  finding only one bandage on my hand and wrist – the one that I had used to rub the sleep from my eyes. I can’t work out if there are any other visible injuries, but I can defiantly feel a lump on my head.

The curtain is pulled back and I jump when I see a woman holding a clipboard. I assume she is a doctor with her outfit. The white shoes, stethoscope, long sleeved white jacket and name tag that has a piece of coloured tap over the name.

“Thank goodness your awake,” she says, proceeding forward and starts checking my vital signs. She checks my blood pressure, and pulse, before she asks me to follow a light with my eyes. “Good,” She mutters, noting everything down on her clipboard, “Very good. Now, JiEun, could you tell me what is the last thing you remember?”

I bite my lip and think really hard. “Um…  I was in a café… and JunHong was there…”

“Yes, the young boy with the blonde hair right?” she asks, smiling as if she knows something I don’t.

I nod, “I was with him… and the waiter… KiBum… and then I woke up here.”

“Well, there seems to be a slight gap in your memory, which is a good thing at this time, but other than that you can leave the soon.” She says, “The young man that you mentioned – JunHong – and both your registered guardians – YongGuk and HimChan – have already been visiting for the past few days at around eleven o’clock. So I will notify them when they arrive that you can leave shortly, okay?”

I nod. “Um… Doctor…?”

Hooking the clipboard onto the end of the bed she hums in response.

“You obviously know what happened to me…  So… I was wondering… If maybe, you could tell me?”

Looking up the Doctor sighs, “I wish I could but it’s not my jurisdiction. I technically don’t even work in this department.” She smiles softly, “I’m sorry JiEun, but I’m doing a massive favour for YongGuk as it is. If I had my way you would be in my work place where I could tell you everything you wanted to know. But, YongGuk being how he is, I am here looking after you in a new environment for me.”

“Oh… Why aren’t we at your hospital? YongGuk Oppa always has a reason behind these things…”

She laughs and nods, “Yeah, he does. This time he is protecting you. Both of us really, that’s my little brother for you. Always considering others he is.”

My eyes widen in shock, “Y…Your brother…?”

She nods and points at her name badge, before realising there is tap over it. She starts laughing before pulling the tape off, “I forgot that I did that.” She holds out her hand, the jacket sleeve pulls back slightly revealing a dark shadow of what I assume is a tattoo. “I’m Doctor Natasha Bang, older sister of YongGuk who you live with.”

I take her hand, bowing my head, “Nice to meet you Doctor.”

“Okay then, I best be getting my brother here so you can go home and find out all the juicy details of what happened.” She bows slight, “Get a little rest and I shall see you later JiEun-ah.”

With that she leaves, so I lie down and close my eyes.

 

YongGuk

My phone rings and immediately I pick up, “Noona?” I ask, and the voice on the other end laughs.

“She’s awake YongGuk, you should come get her before someone else does.” My sister says, “You owe me big time mister.”

I nod against the phone, “Yes, I know, thank you so much Noona.”  

“Honestly, I don’t mind. I know how hard it is to keep that a secret.” I can hear her fidgeting with her purse.

“Noona…” I mutter, “I’m sorry you had to cover up your arms.”

She snorts, “Yeah! You better be! I paid a lot of money to get them done and every time I enter one of those places I have to cover up. So, next time you have to let her stay at home so I can treat her there. I don’t want to hide my tattoos anymore…”

As if I am in front of her I can see her pouting in my head.

I remember when she turned eighteen Natasha decided that she wanted to be a tattoo artist, and studied hard and had her boss show her how to tattoo the right way by designing and tattooing her body for her. When she was twenty one our father had asked her if she would mind studying medicine and robotic science on the side. She had agreed because our father never asked things twice, and it was a backup plan just in case. And that is how Natasha became a doctor of robotic science and medicine. Yet she still preferred to be a tattoo artist.

“I know I’m sorry.” I sigh.

“Anyway, you should get that boyfriend of yours and come get her. Now, I don’t trust these places, you know that…” Before I can say anything else she mutters something about having to go and hangs up.

Again I sigh, and move out into the kitchen where I find HimChan baking. “Channie…” I whisper, coming up behind him and hugging his waist, “She woke up,” instantly he relaxes into me, “Noona said she was fine and that we could go get her.”

“Really?” his voice is barely a whisper; he turns in my arms and buries his face in my neck. I can feel his hot tears staining my skin, I smile.

“Yes.” I whisper into his hair.

This simple relaxed contact between us makes me feel so blissfully happy. As happy as the day he first said yes to me. The first time we hugged; the first kiss we shared. Each moment of sweet bliss that we have shared together is all rolled into one moment of complete utter relief that is this instant.

“I’m so glad,” He cries harder into my neck, “So, so terribly relieved.”

“I know Channie… I know.”

 

A/N:: Hi all~! So sorry it took so long to update, and the fact that I rearranged all the chapters and stuff. I did that to make it flow better and so that the chapters would be longer and such. The chapters with names are backstory and the numbered chapters flow in order with the story.  um... I hope you like this. I added in Natasha cause shes just awesome, and soon - next chapter probably - we will know what happened after the last scene (which has changed - I think - so go to chapter 17 just to make sure you know where your are if you have been reading this) So yeah... I will update more often, expect longer chapters and better updates. If anyone wants a particular idol to make an appearance let me know cause I need some more characters for later on. XD Anything else you wish to tell me or let me know about please just comment. 

Thank you for being paitent with me and please look forward to the next update. And happy new year~! <3