Sungyeol to the rescue?

My best friend is no other than Nam Woohyun.
You were running as fast as you could, trying to catch up with the bus. School has ended later than usual today and you were already late for your part-time job at the cake shop, you couldn't afford to be any later, or your job would definitely be gone.

"Ahhhhh!" You screamed as you accidentally knocked into someone, causing the both of you to fall to the ground. The parcel the man was carrying dropped too, and you heard the sounds of glass shattering coming from inside. ** Shocked, you quickly stood up and bowed 90 degrees to him, apologizing continuously.

"Sorry? Do you think it will help?" The guy yelled at you as he stood up, obviously furious. He seemed young enough, perhaps around your age? You lowered your head, afraid and not knowing what to say. "Well..." He started again, suddenly smirking. He traced his hand from your face and down towards your waist, making your eyes widen in shock. "I could forgive you if-" Suddenly, he was cut off when somebody punched him, making him fall back down to the ground.

"Sungyeol oppa?!" You gasped when you turned to the attacker and saw Sungyeol there.

"Why are you still standing there? RUN!" He exclaimed, grabbing your hand and pulling you to run with him. You stood rooted for the first few seconds before processing his words and started to run too.

"Yah! Stop right there!" You could hear the furious guy shouting. Turning back, you saw him already standing up and starting to chase after you. Your heart almost leaped out.

You ran as fast as you could, trying to keep up with Sungyeol's pace while constantly looking back to see if the guy was still chasing after the both of you. Not sure of how long you've been running, you started to feel sick, your body completely drained out of it's energy. "I can't r-un an-anymore!" You panted out, feeling your legs go weak and wobbly. You could collapse anytime now. 

Suddenly, you felt Sungyeol abruptly stopped and pushed you into a narrow alley. You winced in pain as you felt your back hit against the wall. 

"Sorry." Sungyeol muttered. You felt his body pressed closely to yours and the both of your foreheads were now touching. You could also feel his hot breathe lingering on your face. You blushed when you noticed how close the both of you were. There was silence for a while and you started to move, trying to get out of this awkward position. "Shhh, wait." Sungyeol whispered, putting a finger to your lip and using his other hand to stop you from moving.

"Where did that two brats go?" You heard someone's voice yelling and you gulped, suddenly remembering that you were being chased after. You stopped moving immediately, nervously grabbing Sungyeol's arm. After a few minutes or so, you heard the man's footsteps running away and you heaved a sigh of relief.

"You could let go of my arm now." Sungyeol chuckled and said.

"Oh! S-sorry!" You blushed and quickly let go of his arm.

The both of you got out of the alley and stood there awkwardly, not really knowing what to say. "Thanks for saving me!" You broke the silence first, smiling at Sungyeol. He returned the smile and ruffled your hair, making your heart beat faster. *Why am I feeling like this?*

"Can you still make it for work?" He asked, glancing at his watch.

You were surprised for a moment, wondering how did Sungyeol know about your part-time job but brushed it away, figuring out that Woohyun most probably told him."I don't think so." You sighed, there was only half an hour left till work ends, the only thing you're gonna get when you reach there is probably a huge scolding. Might as well don't go back.

"Let's go and eat, oppa's treat!" Sungyeol blurted out, trying to make the mood happier. It worked though. You chuckled at his random behaviour and he was glad it made you laughed.

♡ x ♡ x ♡ x ♡ x ♡ x ♡ x

"What do you want to eat?" Sungyeol asked, giving you the menu. You looked at it for a while and simply shook your head, not being able to say anything while Sungyeol stared at you, confused.

"It's all too expensive...." You pouted. You'd probably have to work for 8 hours to be able to order a dish from this menu.

Sungyeol on the other hand, started laughing while you just stare at him, confused. "Didn't I said it's my treat?" He chuckled. "Now, just choose whatever you want to eat." 

"But-" You started to protest, but ended up shutting up when he shot you a glare. So you ended up choosing the same as him, italian pasta. You took out your phone to check while Sungyeol was ordering the food.

Missed calls (9)

42 texts

Your eyes widened as you went to see who were they from. A few from the cake shop manager.... Rest from Woohyun. *Oh wow* You started reading them one by one.

From: Woohyun!
  Yah! Where are you? Why aren't you at the cake shop?

From: Woohyun!
  Are you running late? I'm at the cake shop here and I could tell that your boss ain't too happy about it.

From: Woohyun!
  Oh my god, reply me please. Did something happen? Reply or I'll call the police!


You rolled your eyes and didn't bother to look at the rest of the texts. You dialled Woohyun's number and within seconds, he answered. "Yah! Whoever are you that kidnapped my ~~~~, release her already! I'll kill you if I find you!" You could hear Woohyun's loud voice shouting, almost bursting your eardrums.

"Nam Woohyun! I'm okay, don't over-react please." You said casually, rolling your eyes even though he couldn't see it.

"Oh ~~~~! You're okay? Why didn't you reply me? Where are you? Who are you with?" You sighed, he's worse than your mum.

"I was er... busy just now. I'm at XXX restaurant and I'm with Sungyeol oppa." 

"Sungyeol? Ah never mind, I'll come right now. Wait for me!" He said and you just hung up. 

"Woohyun's coming?" Sungyeol faked a smile and asked. You laughed and nodded. "He's naggier than my mum!" You said, shaking your head in disbelief. You liked it though, deep down you knew that he was only like that because he cared for you. It made you feel special.

Minutes later, Woohyun came. "You guys owe me an explanation! Now tell me! From the moment ~~~~ left the school building till now, what on earth happened?" He said while sitting down next to you.

"Yes boss!" Sungyeol and you laughed and said together.

You told him everything, although you didn't said the part where you and Sungyeol were in the narrow alley, it was unnecessary. You were about to continue when you suddenly felt someone splashed water on you, making you drenched. Turning around you saw the queenkas standing there and a fuming Woori who had poured the water on you. "! Stop flirting with MY oppas!" She shouted.