Chapter 18

A Present from Heaven: My Guardian Angel

 

CHAPTER 18

HYUKJAE'S POV

I woke up to the annoying sound of the alarm clock. I reached for it to turn it off as I lazily got up from the bed. I went to the bathroom to fix myself. Once inside, I faced the mirror to see my slightly swollen eyes, maybe from too much crying. I guess I'll just wear sunglasses later. I went down with my bags to see Donghaeand Kibum preparing breakfast.

“You're early hyung.” Kibum greeted me.

“Yeah I don't want the plane to leave without me so I have to wake up early.” I said as I sat at my usual seat.

“Do you want us to accompany you to the airport?” Hae asked me as he settled himself opposite me.

“No need, Changmin's going to fetch me here.”

We ate in silence and I sometimes notice Donghae looking at me. I stared at him directly in the eyes to see wait sadness? I just shrugged it off and continued eating.

"I'm done." I said as I stood up and put my plates at the sink.

“Don't worry about the dishes hyung, go fix yourself.”

“Thanks Kibum-ah.” I went to the living room where my bags are placed and checked them if I forgot anything. Suddenly there is a knock on the door. I went to open it to find Changmin standing there.

“Ready to go?” I just nodded at him.

“Wait.” I turned around to see Donghae standing behind me.

“You're Changmin-ssi right?”

“Yes and you are?”

“I'm Donghae, Hyukkie's friend. Can I talk to you for a moment?” I looked at him, puzzled. Why does he have to talk to him? I looked at Changmin telling he didn't have to but I was surprised to see him nod. The two went to the balcony leaving me alone. I sat at the sofa when I noticed Kibum sat beside me.

“Kibum-ah.” He just hummed in response. “Do you know what they are talking about?”

“I don't know hyung, but you can ask Donghae hyung later right?” He said as he smiled at me.



DONGHAE'S POV

I heard a knock at the door and Kibum just nudged me to go there. I obeyed him and saw Changmin at the door with Hyukkie gathering his things.

“Wait.” I said as I stood behind Hyukkie. They both looked at me.

“You're Changmin-ssi right?”

“Yes and you are?”

“I'm Donghae, Hyukkie's friend. Can I talk to you for a moment?” I saw Hyukkie looked at him and he nodded. We left Hyukkie at the living room and went straightly to the balcony. I know it's still early so I took this chance to talk to him.

“So you're Donghae-ssi huh?” He started to speak. I was confused for a moment. Does he know me? But how? I've only met him formally today. Maybe Hyukkie mentioned me to him?

“Do you by any chance, know me?” I asked him who just shook his head.

“Actually no. But I remembered the first time I asked him on a date, he asked me if a certain Donghae asked me to do that.” I looked at him. He is staring at the sky while leaning on the railings.

“Do you really love him?” He looked at me and smiled.

“Whole-heartedly. I actually never thought that he would give me a chance like this.”

“Then I have something to tell you.” I seriously said.

“I want you to take good care of him. Never make him cry arasso?” He was shocked at first but nodded anyway.

“Say hyung, do you like him?” Now it's my turn to be shocked.

“I could see it in your eyes. I'm sorry I used the wrong word, you don't like him, you love him.”

“But he chose you, that's why I asked you to take care of him.”

“I will hyung don't worry.”

“I would hold on to your promise. I'm warning you Changmin, I would watch you so I would know if you'll keep your promise or not. And if that would happen, don't expect me to act kind to you.” I seriously said as I faced him and offered my hand.

“Alright hyung.” He accepted my hand and shook it. We let go and just stayed there for a while. 

“Let's go back?”

“Yeah I think Hyukjae's already waiting there.” We went out of the balcony to see Hyukjae sitting at the living room. He stood up and walked towards us, scratch that, towards Changmin, I mean.

“Let's go?” Hyukkie asked Changmin who looked at me, like asking for permission so I nodded.

“I'll take care of your things okay? I'll just wait for you outside.” He said as he took Hyukkie's things and went out of the house. I turned to Hyukkie and held him so that he's facing me.

“Hyukkie... Take care okay? Don't give them headaches. I won't be there so you have to behave properly.” I didn't notice that I was crying already until Hyukkie cupped my face and wiped away the tears using his thumb.

“Hae why are you crying? I'll be gone for just 3 days. Don't worry I'll be back soon.” He was surprised when I suddenly hugged him tight.

“H-hae...”

“Shh please just let me hug you.” He jut nodded as he also hugged me back.

“I'll miss you Hyukkie.”

“I'll miss you too Hae. Don't worry I'll call you often ne?” I shook my head.

“No need, I know you'll do just fine since I told Changmin to watch over you. Go now, Changmin's waiting.” I gave him the best smile I could give him for the moment. He was about to turn when I suddenly grabbed his wrist and pecked on his lips.

“For the last time, I want to tell you this, Hyukkie, I love you, goodbye.” I left him as I ran up my room and shut the door. I slid down as I hugged my knees and cried. That would be the last time I'll ever feel him in my arms again.




HYUKJAE'S POV

I saw the two of them walking back so I stood up and walked towards Changmin.

“Let's go?” I asked him then I saw him looked at Hae who nodded at him.

“I'll take care of your things okay? I'll just wait for you outside.” Weird, what is running in his mind?

“Hyukkie...” Hae suddenly called me. I shifted my gaze from Changmin to him and turned my body so we're now facing each other.

“Take care okay? Don't give them headaches. I won't be there so you have to behave properly.” I was surprised to see him crying so I went near him, cupped his face and wiped his tears using my thumb.

“Hae why are you crying? I'll be gone for just 3 days. Don't worry I'll be back soon.” I said, trying my best to comfort him. Why is he acting this way? But I was more surprised when he suddenly hugged me tight.

“H-hae...”

“Shh please just let me hug you.” I wondered why but just nodded as I hugged him back.

“I'll miss you Hyukkie.”

“I'll miss you too Hae. Don't worry I'll call you often ne?” He just shook his head.

“No need, I know you'll do just fine since I told Changmin to watch over you. Go now, Changmin's waiting.” He smiled at me and when I was about to turn around, he held my wrist and pecked me on the lips.

“For the last time, I want to tell you this, Hyukkie, I love you, goodbye.” He said as he ran away to his room. I was left there standing, shocked because of what happened.

“Did he just say he loves me?”

“Yes hyung he did.” I looked at Kibum, wait does he read minds?

“No hyung I don't, you just said it out loud.” He went near me and hugged me.

“Take care always hyung, I'll definitely miss you. Thank you for everything.” I can feel that he is preventing himself from crying. He let go of the hug and smiled.

“Go now Changmin is waiting, you don't want to be late right?” I nodded and went out. 

I entered the car and looked at Changmin.

“Let's go?” I smiled at him and nodded. Once we're at the airport, I saw Sungmin hyung waving at us. He's with Kyuhyun, and the Yewook couple. I smiled at them as I took Changmin's hand and approached them. The Yewook couple were shocked because of that but not that Kyumin couple. I haven't told them yet right? Oh well it's Sungmin hyung and Kyuhyun, they're always fast about news.

“Are we late?”

“No, just in time.” We all gathered our bags when Sungmin hyung suddenly held me back. 

“Something wrong hyung?” He looked at me, like he's studying my face.

“Did you and Donghae talk?” I simply nodded my head, obvious that I'm not in the mood but why did he ask?

“Waeyo hyung?”

“N-nothing.” He simply said as he walked passed me. I stared at his back. Is there something wrong with Hae? I just shrugged at that thought and immediately went after him.



NOBODY'S POV

As they are comfortably seated inside the plane, Hyukjae can't stop thinking about what happened earlier at their house and with Sungmin.

'What's with them? Why did Hae and Kibum talk like that? And did Sungmin hyung know something? Aish this is frustrating.’ Still pissed off, he wore his headphones, opened his ipod and drowned himself into music.

“Hyukkie, wake up we're here.” Sungmin shook him in his sleep making him glare at his friend. 

“Stop glaring at me and just be thankful that we didn't leave you here.”

“Where's Changmin?”

“We let him go first. He tried waking you up so many times that we just said that we'll handle you so get up now.” He decided not to argue anymore since Sungmin is right so he just groggily stood up and left the plane. Once they are settle inside the bus, he fished out his phone and was about to call Donghae when Sungmin saw him.

“W-what are you doing?”

“Huh? I'm going to call Hae to tell him that we've arrived.”

“No!” Hyukjae just raised his eyebrow at his friend.

“No?”

“I mean, don't bother because I already did that once the plane landed.” Sungmin nervously said.

‘He must not call Hae or else.’ Sungmin thought as he looked at Hyukjae.

FLASHBACK!

Sungmin is currently waiting for Kyuhyun to pick him up when suddenly his phone buzzed. He opened his phone to see a message from Donghae.

From: Donghae ^^v
Hyung, can I ask a favor from you? Please don't let Hyukkie call me because he won't be able to contact me anymore because we'll also leave right after him. Thank you hyung and have a safe trip. :)

Sungmin just sighed. He doesn't want this to happen to his dongsaengs but he can't do anything about it anymore. Kyuhyun came so he just put his phone back to his pocket, picked up his things and approached Kyuhyun's car.


The scenery on their way to the hotel was magnificent. You can clearly get in touch with nature unlike when you're living in the city. This feeling made Hyukjae relaxed a bit. As soon as they were outside their rooms, Changmin faced him.

“Do you want to have a tour or you'll rest first?”

“I guess I'll rest first Changmin-ah.” He said as he smiled at him.

“Don't worry about him Changmin I'll take care of him.” Sungmin said as Kyuhyun helped him with his things.

“Very well then. I'll be just at our room if you need anything.” Changmin kissed Hyukjae's forehead.

“Call me if you need anything ne Minnie?”

“Sure thing Kyu.” Kyuhyun pecked on Minnie's lips and left with Changmin.

“I bet they're just gonna play that stupid Starcraft inside their room.” Sungmin murmured making Hyukjae laugh.

“Come on hyung, don't tell me you're still jealous over that stupid game?”

“Shut up!” Sungmin playfully slapped Hyukjae's arm as they too settled themselves inside their room. 



Annyeong! Sorry for the late update! I'll warn you now because the drama's about to start... and I really at that genre... I don't have enough dramas in my life so mianhae in advance.. wait.. 70 subscribers?! THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH! You don't know how happy I am! To all the new subscribers, welcome and to all the old ones, thank you for sticking with this crappy story of mine! I LOVE YOU ALL! :D
 
REPLIES!  
flowing95 omo mianhae if I made you sad! anyway here's the update and mianhae if it took long.. :D
haehae95 yup, definitely pabos.. *nods* argh! not the puppy eyes! ;A; but, mianhae dear if this is not the confession you are waiting.. 3... 
silk_clover omo! *hides*  but... but... *sighs* yeah I gotta agree with what you said... well now all we have to do is wait for these two to wake up right? thanks for that long comment! I really appreciate it! xoxo!
chu_david me too! too bad the two of them are both pabos at the moment.. here's the update and thanks for reading and commenting! :D
eunhae21  mianhae if I made you cry! *gives tissue* but.. gotta warn you for the next uodates though so.. mianhae in advance.. :(
FangirlEunYoo waaahhh thank you so much!! *bows 90 degrees* I really appreciate it! well ahm what could I say both of them are.. too undescribable at the moment.. omo! they are also your OTP?! high five! me too! and like you, I also don't care who tops! because both of them could top! *evil laugh* what? I'll give  Changmin to you? hahaha I don't think I could do that because his Jaejoong umma could kill me.. thanks for reading and commenting! :D
DredhezRei Chinguya! why is it that everybody is telling Hae that he is a pabo, including me? *slaps self* here's another update and mianhae if it's late.. thanks for always commenting Chinguya! <3
supereunhae13 lol Unnie? well then you're now you're my dongsaeng! and you're also from the Philippines! That's so nice! hahaha here's the update you've been waiting and I'm sorry if it ..XD thanks for commenting and reading! nado saranghae! <3