Chapter 23.1

A Present from Heaven: My Guardian Angel

A/N: AYYOOO WAZZHHUUPP! LOL I just Love Kris forgive me. This is the last chapter and I'm dividing it into two parts. Yeah I made it long and my Umma nagged me telling me to divide it so... there..

 

HYUKJAE'S POV

I slowly slipped into consciousness but still kept my eyes closed. I felt my arms wrapped around Hae's waist and slightly smiled. I still can't believe that I'm lying beside my love even though it's been days already. I could feel happiness and my love for him overflowing in me. This is my reward for being a good kid right? Then, I couldn't ask for more.

Suddenly, I could feel Hae shifting to face me. Of course, I still pretended to sleep, waiting on what he'll do next to which I think I melted into an anchovy sauce. He started showering me with kisses. He started on my forehead, each on my eyes, nose, both cheeks, and my lips. He repeatedly planted kisses on my lips until he went down to my chin. And with each kiss, he'll murmur "mine". I couldn't feel any lust but just pure love and admiration. He playfully bit my chin a few times and I have to control my laughter. After a few minutes, he stopped kissing me and I could now feel his gaze on me. I groaned and nuzzled my face on his chest, listening to his heartbeat, making me calm. I can't help but be flattered knowing that his heart is beating just for me.

He slowly got up and I felt disappointed when I suddenly felt the cold temperature of the room that I didn't feel when he was hugging me. I pulled the sheets up to my chin and slowly opened my eyes. It's still dark enough to continue my sleep. And so, I fell asleep again.

"Baby.. Hyuk, wake up."

I heard Hae called me as he slightly shook me. I groaned and turned my back on him. I heard him giggle and felt the bed move a bit behind me. He brushed away my fringe as he kissed my forehead then my lips. How many times did Donghae kiss me this morning? He's taking advantage of me sleeping, although I don't mind it at all.

"Hyukkie time for breakfast. Get up now before it gets cold." I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes. I lazily opened them and saw my angel smiling at me and I can't help but smile back at him. 

"Finally awake?" He asked in a sweet voice and I just nodded absentmindedly at him although I could feel my eyelids getting heavy again. He leaned at me and pecked on my lips and placed a tray with pancakes, fresh strawberries and a cup of hot chocolate since I don't drink coffee in front of me. He picked up the cup and placed it carefully near my lips. I took a sip still with my eyes half-closed and smiled. I would like to always wake up like this.

He took his time feeding me my breakfast with me occasionally giving him some even though he insisted that it's for me. He instructed me to take a bath. Feeling energized because of my heavenly breakfast, I started taking a bath and paused in the middle of my shampooing. What day is today? Hmm... Oh, Friday. Do I need to go to school? Can't I just have a long weekend? I hurriedly finished my bath with my thoughts running on how I could persuade Donghae to let me skip school and just spend the rest of the day with him.

I went out of the bathroom feeling fresh and was surprised when I saw my casual clothes lying neatly on the bed. I looked at the clock and saw that it was past 10 in the morning already. So that's why he let me skip classes today, I'm already late. I picked the shirt and saw that it was the couple shirt with the word 'wifey' on it and a pair of faded skinny jeans. I smiled and happily fixed myself, anticipating for today.

 

DONGHAE'S POV

I paced around the kitchen and sometimes would look at Hyukkie's door to see if he's out already. I checked my phone to see if there are any messages from anyone but found none. I'm not actually nervous or something but I'm afraid that things won't go my way. And this is our first official date as a couple for Shisus' sake! I can't make a mess this time.

Okay I'm nervous.

There! I said it! Happy now?

After a few minutes, I saw Hyukkie coming down wearing the clothes I picked for him. 'Wifey'. I giggled like a girl inside my head. He's the wifey and I'm the hubby. A few more years and I'm sure that that names would be official. When he saw me, he gaped and looked at his clothes then mine. Yep. I'm wearing the other shirt and also a pair of faded skinny jeans. Did I make it so obvious that we're together? Yes? That's good then. That's what I really want from the start.

"H-Hae?"

"Ne?"

"I'm not going to school today right?" He asked with uncertainty in his voice although there is hope in it. I just smiled at him in return as I dragged him out of the house into his car, placed him at the passenger seat and settled his seatbelt around him.

Just as I was about to go to the other side of the car, I received a text message and immediately opened it.

From: Sungmin hyung

Donghae! Everything's settled! Just text or call us if you need anything else ne? Hwaiting! ^w~


I smiled and placed my phone back to my pocket, thanking everyone inside my mind. I looked at Hyukkie who's now staring confusedly at me. I went inside the car and just beamed at him.

"Let's go?"

He nodded and I started the car and went on our way with our hands intertwined. Well he kinda complained that I would have a hard time driving if we're holding hands but what's the use of some aegyo and pouting right? And so, he just sighed and let me be as he faced the window to hide his blushing face from me. Aww my baby is still shy around me. So cute!

Finally I wasn't able to control myself so I stopped the car and he looked confusedly at him. He was surprised when I suddenly leaned towards him and kiss him in the lips. He blushed beet red and bit his lips.

"That's for distracting me for being so cute. Now stop that or we won't be able to go on with our date." I and he widened his eyes. He just blushed deeper than before as he playfully slapped me in the arm.

After a few minutes of driving, we finally reached our destination. I stopped the car and faced him to see him sleeping soundlessly. I smiled as I observed him sleeping. I'll never get tired of loving this guy. After deciding that it's time to wake him up, I lifted my body a bit and leaned towards him. I pecked his lips a couple of times. He stirred in his sleep and I grinned, not pulling myself away from him. He blinked a couple of times and gaped when he saw my face centimeters away from him.

"Hae? Where are we?" He sleepily asked as he tried to look anywhere except my face. I pouted but still remained in my position. He noticed it and tensed a bit.

"W-Why are y-you p-pouting like t-that?" He asked making me pout more.

"You should kiss me since you just woke up." I whined making him blink in confusion. I didn't move from my position and so, he sighed and pecked on my lips. As soon as his lips touched mine, I held his head in place to longer the kiss. Hmm.. Tastes like strawberries.

NOBODY'S POV

Seconds had passed and Donghae reluctantly let go of Hyukjae. He grinned at the other as he went out of the car and went to his side, acting like a true gentleman. Upon realizing where they are, Hyukjae's eyes lit up in happiness. There on a grass-filled hill where there are flowers surrounding the area lies a blanket with a big basket. Donghae smiled brightly at his reaction and held his hand. He led Hyukjae to the blanket and sat there.

"Do you like it?" He asked and the other nodded excitedly. 

"I like it! No! I love it!" Hyukjae clapped his hands and pecked on Donghae's cheek.

"Thank you so much Hae!" The red haired guy said making the other smile widely.

They spend the whole day there playing and talking about random things. Hyukjae was currently taking a nap with Donghae's lap as his pillow. The other just stare at him, occasionally his love's hair admiring its softness between his fingers. He looked at the sky and saw that the sun's about to set. That's actually one of the main reasons why he chose that place, to witness the sunset with Hyukjae.

Sunset for Donghae signifies an end for a wonderful day with pretty scenery telling them that not all ends are sad or bitter but is full of love and hope, waiting to be shared and felt for the days to come.

"Hyukkie." Donghae shook his shoulders slightly making Hyukjae cross his brows in slight irritation. He's enjoying his nap and then here comes this someone ruining his beauty sleep. 

"Hyuk you wouldn't want to miss the sunset right?"

Upon hearing this, Hyukjae groggily sat up and noticed the change of the color of the sky. He turned around and gaped when he saw the beautiful sunset before them. Donghae grabbed his shoulders and leaned his body against the angel's chest. Donghae carefully draped a thin blanket on their bodies when cool wind started blowing against their skin.

"You know," He started and Hyukjae just hummed in response.

"Never once it hit my mind that I would be guarding a human."

The red haired guy looked questionably at him and he just smiled as Donghae gently tucked his hair behind his ear. Hyukjae suddenly felt shy but flattered at the same time due to the affection given to him.

"I'm actually the naughtiest, okay well not naughtiest but the wittiest and cutest angel the heaven has." Even though Hyukjae's not facing him, Donghae clearly knows the other is silently laughing with what he said. He pouted and playfully pinched Hyukjae's arm.

"I'm serious! That's why everyone up there loves me!"

"Fine, fine if you say so." Hyukjae commented as he rolled his eyes but is smiling fondly.

"Well okay so, back to my story, as I've said before, everybody's fond of me even the leader of the angels which is Teukie hyung, or Umma to us. I really enjoy my time up there, not minding that I'm one of those who don't have a human to look out for until that one day."

FLASHBACK!

"Hyung? You called for me?" Donghae peeked at the door of Leeteuk's office to see the latter busy with different papers scattered messily on his desk. Upon seeing his arrival, the older smiled and waved at him to enter. The other angel smiled back as he went inside and sat at the free chair. He waited for a few minutes until their leader was finally finished and soon faced him properly.

"Say, Hae, do you want to watch over a human?" Leeteuk suddenly said as he propped his elbows on the table and placed his chin on his hands with an interesting glint in his eyes. He blinked a few times in confusion until those words sank in his brain making his eyes widen. This question surprised Donghae. Everybody knows how child-like he is that's why nobody questions why he doesn't have a human to guide to and is just always playing inside their realm.

"B-But why?" He asked and the white-lover just smiled at him.

"Because I know you're already ready for this besides, I could see that this child would change you for the better." He answered in a playful voice although Donghae knew that he's not joking on what he just said. But there's one thing he's confused about. Angels go to their destined human even before they're born meaning they just watch over their mother until the time for them to be here on Earth has come. So why his Teukie hyung would say something like that?

"How did you know that hyung? I'm really confused."

"Let's just say that the relationship between and angel and his human is not coincidence but is planned from the very beginning. God has written everything even before we're made so all we have to do is trust His plans and give our best in fulfilling them." Leeteuk said with a wink and Donghae, although still a bit confused, agreed with excitement and nervousness combined inside him.

"He will be born on the 4th of April 1986. Don't worry your wings would lead you to where he was. Do your best okay? I'm counting on you."

With those final words, Donghae bid his farewell and started his journey towards the Earth to where he would soon meet the greatest gift he could ever receive.

END OF FLASHBACK


DONGHAE'S POV


"And, you know who that human is." I said finishing my story. I looked at Hyukkie to see him turn around facing me and blinking cutely at me.

"You mean, all this time, you've been watching over me?" He asked and I nodded. To my surprise, he started crying making me panic.

"H-Hyuk? W-Why are you c-crying?! Did I say something wrong?!" I questioned him and I honestly don't know what to do since I don't really know why he's like that.

"S-So i-it's you." He murmured with a smile as he wiped his tears away. What is he saying? I questioned him through my eyes and I was shocked when he suddenly hugged me tight. I smiled and inhaled his scent as I hugged him back tightly.

"It really is you." He just kept on saying those words. I gently let him go of me to seek for an explanation.

"I remember one incident when I was a kid. I was at Appa's office when suddenly I was about to be hit by a car but then, nothing happened to me. All I remember was a white figure embracing me, giving me that comfortable warmth that made me feel safe and secured. And, before I met Sungmin hyung, I was always alone. I really don't have friends except for Junsu although we really don't spend many times together. I was always sad but then in an instant I won't feel alone anymore since I always feel a presence beside me. That presence that would always tell me that someone's watching over me, guiding me. And, it's you, Hae." He explained with tears still running down his face. I cupped his cheeks and wiped his tears with my thumb. I smiled gently at him then pecked his nose.

"You're right, that's me. And I'm so much thankful now knowing how I somehow helped you during those times." I said in a calm voice as I let go of him to look at the sky.

"But you know what I'm more thankful for?" I asked not even bothering to look at him but I could see from my peripheral vision that he's looking at me with confusion written on his face.

"Even before I became your guardian angel, I've already seen my friends with their loved ones. I can see how happy and contented they are. Kangin hyung has Leeteuk hyung, Siwon has Kibum, and Heechul hyung has his human Hankyung hyung. So despite of my playful attitude and carefree outlook in life, I sometimes wonder how it is to love and to be loved." By this time, I tore my gaze away from the sun to his gorgeous face just inches away from me and smiled gently at him.

"Sometimes, before I go to sleep, I'll pray to God to give me as His gift the one for me. The one I would always love, hold near me, do sweet nothings with, the one who would love me as me. But I never thought that I would find love here on Earth. Never did it once enter my mind that I'll come to love you, the one I'm watching from the very beginning of your life." I said as I kissed him one last time and stood up. I can see that he's blushing. I'm sure it's because he's not used of me being this emotional. I can't help it though, I'm that thankful for having him in my life. Without letting him ask me more questions, I pulled him up gently and he stared at me in confusion.

"Let's go. Our date's not over yet." I winked at him making him smile widely at me. We went back to the car after fixing everything and went away.