Chapter 17

A Present from Heaven: My Guardian Angel

 

CHAPTER 17

HYUKJAE'S POV

“Why are you packing?” I glanced at the door to see Donghae leaning on my door.

“I'm joining the school trip.”

“What school trip?” Shoot. I forgot to tell him about the school trip.

“Our school's annual trip. I forgot to tell you about it.”

“How long are you going to stay there?” He asked my coldly. Is he angry at me because I forgot to tell him? But why would he care?

“3 days.”

“Who are you going to room with?”

“Sungmin hyung.”

“Just make sure it's not Changmin.”

“And so what if I'm going to room with him huh?”

“He's your boyfriend so I think that it's inappropriate for the both of you to share a room.” Seriously what's with the cold treatment?!

“What's your problem huh Donghae? Are you angry that I didn't tell you about the trip? Or are you angry that I already have a boyfriend?” He was shocked at my last words.

“So you're angry at the boyfriend issue huh? Why? You're here because of that right?” He just kept silent. I zipped my bag and stood up with my back facing him.

“Please go out.” I got no answer but I heard my door close. I didn't face him because I know that my tears will fall anytime soon. I lay on my bed and faced the ceiling.

“You should not cry.” I said to myself. “You're the one who made the decision besides, this is what he wants right?” I don't know why but when I said that, I heard my voice cracking and my vision started to blur.

“Why are you crying? Y-you s-should b-be happy r-right? Y-you have a b-boyfriend a-already and h-he l-loves y-you so m-much.” I can't take it anymore so I cried hard. I curled up on bed as I cried my eyes out. I hate this feeling. I wish all of these would just go away. I decided to sleep early as soon as I'm done crying. I need to wake up early or else the plane would leave without me.




NOBODY'S POV

Donghae leaned on Hyukjae's door once he stepped out of it. He could hear sobbings from the other side. He sighed as he also let tears run down his face. Kibum just stood there watching his hyung cry. He cannot do anything at this moment.

‘Guess your plan failed this time, Heechul hyung.’ He sadly thought. He silently went inside his room. He decided to just let him pour out everything. Donghae lazily walked towards the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. He sat down on a chair and looked nowhere. He cannot think properly anymore.

“Why? Why can't I accept the reality? Hyukkie now has Changmin, meaning I'm not needed here anymore. I already know this but why is it that my heart refuses to?” He drank the water fast thinking it would somehow calm him down.

“Hyung.” He turned around to see Kibum looking worriedly at him. He quickly wiped his tears hoping he wouldn't notice him.

“Kibum-ah what's wrong?” He tried to sound happy but he knew he failed. Kibum sat beside him and held his hand.

“You're not okay. You don't have to hide it from me okay? Cry. If that would help you. Tell me everything. That's why I'm here hyung.” Kibum soflty said to him. Tears once again gathered at his eyes as they flow down his cheeks.

“Kibum-ah hyung is hurt, but I need to do this.”

“What do you mean hyung?” 

“My mission is now over, I have to leave him now.”

“But hyung, you love him right? Why don't you fight for it?”

“He's not feeling the same way. He loves Changmin that's why he agreed to have him as his boyfriend. I don't have any reason to fight for this feeling if the one I love is not free anymore.” Donghae said as he cried harder. Kibum sighed.

“Are you sure hyung?” Donghae nooded weakly.

“Very well then. But how about the others?” Donghae looked at him questioningly.

“Sungmin hyung and the others. Are you going to tell them?”

“I guess I must. I mean I'm leaving and I guess it's just proper for me to tell them everything and to also say goodbye.” Donghae picked up his phone and dialed Sungmin's number.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Sungmin hyung can I talk to you? You can bring Kyuhyun if you want to.”

“Why is there a problem?”

“I just want to talk to you, about Hyukkie and me.”

“Sure we'll be there. What about Hyukkie?”

“He's in his room. He just finished packing his things for the trip. Thanks hyung, take care.” Sungmin ended the call as Kibum waited for Donghae to speak.

“He said they'll be here later.”

“Don't worry hyung they'll surely understand.” 



SUNGMIN'S POV

I'm lying on Kyu's lap when my phone suddenly rang. I lazily picked it up to see Donghae calling. 

“Yoboseyo?”

“Sungmin hyung can I talk to you? You can bring Kyuhyun if you want to.”

“Why is there a problem?”

“I just want to talk to you, about Hyukkie and me.” I looked at Kyu to see him staring at me worriedly. He's currently at my house and we're currently watching a movie

“Sure we'll be there. What about Hyukkie?”

“He's in his room. He just finished packing his things for the trip. Thanks hyung, take care.” I ended the call and sighed.

“What did he say?”

“We'll go to their house later. He'll tell everything.” Kyuhyun just nodded in understanding. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We took a deep breath as we entered their gate. We saw Donghae waiting for us at the door. He smiled at us but his face is so pale and he has puffy eyes, maybe from crying too much.

“Donghae are you okay?” I worriedly asked him.

“Don't worry I'm fine. Do you want anything to drink?”

“Anything would do.”

“Okay. I got it hyung.” Kibum came with a tray of juice and some snacks. He sat opposite me and Kyu. 

“Kibum knows everything so it's okay if he's here.” We just nodded. I knew there is something about Kibum. I saw Donghae swallowed hard as he was about to begin his story.



DONGHAE'S POV

This is it. I have to tell them everything so that they can take care of Hyukkie after I leave. I swallowed hard as I began.

“Do you know that Changmin and Hyukkie are now together? A-as a c-couple.” Darn this is harder than I expected.

“What?” They were obviously shocked.

“B-but..” Kyuhyun whispered something.

“W-what?”

“Nothing hyung!”

“I-is that all?” Sungmin hyung worriedly asked me.

“No hyung.” I shook my head.

“I have to tell you everything before I go. My name is Donghae and I'm really not a friend of Hyukkie. I'm his guardian angel.” The two stared at me with wide eyes.

“W-what? Angel? Hae are you okay?” They don't know what to react. Of course I can't blame them. I just said that I'm an angel for Shisus' sake!

“Can you ahm, prove it? It really is hard for us to believe. You know that right?” Sungmin hesitatingly said.

“Very well then.” I stood up in the middle of the room. I took a deep breath as i closed my eyes and spread my arms. Warmth surrounded me as I felt myself rising from the ground. There is light everywhere until I heard the couple gasped. I am now in my angel form. Yes with my wings at my back. They stare at me amazingly.

“Can I touch your wings?” Sungmin hyung asked. I slightly laughed at his cuteness. I'm actually thankful that he somehow lifted up my mood because of his natural aegyo.

“Sure hyung.” He slowly approached me as he held my wings.

“Wow your feathers are so soft!” He beamed like a child and started playing with it, I don't mind it though.

“B-but how?” They finally asked me as we settled again with me being in my human form again which took some time because Kyuhyun have to literally drag Sungmin hyung away from me.

“Well I have a mission to find the right one for Hyukkie so I made myself visible to him. He freaked out at first but was able to get used to it. Several days passed already but I'm still not making any progress so I requested to be a human. I have to complete my mission within three months.”

“But it's not yet three months right hyung?”

“Yes because he has Changmin already.” I said without being able to hide my bitterness. I clenched my fist to prevent my tears from falling again. Kibum just patted my shoulder for comfort.

“I can't believe it. So Hyukkie's really supposed to say that you're an angel?!” I looked at Sungmin hyung. 

“Really hyung?”

“Yeah well Kyu finished his sentence then he just began denying it like crazy. We never thought that he's serious.” I smiled. Hyukkie really took good care of my secret.

“I thought he just likes you that much to even compared you to an angel.” I stared at them.

“He likes me?” The three of them rolled their eyes at the same time.

“Donghae hyung, you're such an idiot, really.” Kyuhyun said at me. Wow Sungmin hyung didn't smack him.

“I won't smack him because he's telling the truth.” Sungmin hyung suddenly said. I smiled bitterly at them.

“But it's too late for us now.” They just all stared at me sympathetically.

“Wait a minute, if you're an angel then it means...” Kyuhyun pointed at Kibum.

“Yeah I'm an angel too.”

“Wow really? I knew there's something different about you. But are you really with Donghae?” Sungmin hyung narrowed his eyes as he stared at Kibum.

“Don't worry hyung I have my own angel. His name is Siwon and I love him so much.” Both of them sighed in relief.

“But why did you do that?”

“Do what?”

“Tell everybody how close you and Donghae are. Even we thought that you're together.”

“Let's just say that I'm used as an instrument in this love story.”

“What do you mean?” I asked Kibum.

“Hyung, don't you notice the way Hyukjae hyung acts everytime you're being sweet with me? Last time, he left without even finishing his breakfast right?”

“Yeah.”

“And why is that so?”

“Ahm because he's full already?”

“Dang! Why are you such a pabo?! He left because he's jealous!” Kibum practically screamed at me. He sure is scary when he's angry.

“Right! Hyukkie was in a bad mood one day and he keeps on complaining on how Hae is sweet with Kibum!” Sungmin hyung exclaimed.

“Maybe he's jealous simply because my attention is not focused only on him anymore. Yes that's it. He loves somebody else okay.” The three didn't push the issue any further.

“So ahm what's your plan hyung?” Kyuhyun seriously asked me.

“We will go back to heaven, as angels. Sungmin hyung I need a favor from you.”

“W-what is it?”

“Please, take care of my Hyukkie.” I can't cry now. I must stay strong.

“Hae...”

“Please hyung, it is the only way for me to finally let go of him. If there would be someone who would take care of him.”

“Arasso. B-but when are you going?”

“After all of you would leave for the trip.”

“Does Hyukjae hyung know about this already?” Kyuhyun asked me and I shook my head in response.

“I'll bid him my goodbye before he'll board in the plane.”

“Hae...” Sungmin hyung stood up and spread his arms. I went to him and hugged him tight. I cried again. I let all my emotions flow but somehow I felt comfortable because of the hug of Sungmin hyung. It's like Leeteuk hyung is the one who is hugging me. He radiates a warm love that would make you feel security.

“Thank you for being there for Hyukkie. For not letting him to get into trouble and also, thank you for loving him. I'm sure those days he spent with you are the best days for him. If ever Changmin would hurt him, I'll definitely kick him in the and you have to come back here immediately okay?” Sungmin hyung is crying now. Hyukkie is very lucky to have him as his best friend.

“I'll try hyung.”

“No! Don't try, just do it. I'll use my martial arts on you if you'll come late.” He threatened me. I just hugged him tighter. I let go of the hug when I saw Kyuhyun glaring at me as if he'll eat me alive.

“Don't worry Kyu I'm not getting Sungmin hyung from you.” I smiled at him. He stood up and hugged me.

“Thank you hyung for everything.”

“Thank you too maknae take good care of them ne?” He just nodded and quickly wipped away his tears.



A/N: An update!! I'm sorry for updating this so late! School's about to end so no more time for computer.. TT^TT Comments? Violent reactions? I'll be waiting.. Gomawoyo! :D

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANGENG! WE MISS YOU SO MUCH!