Chapter 16

A Present from Heaven: My Guardian Angel

 

NOBODY'S POV

The two angels were watching television when suddenly the door opened revealing Hyukjae.

“Hyukkie?” Hyukjae just raised his hand in recognition and went straight to his room.

“Something happened to Hyukjae hyung? Isn't he supposed to be at school at this hour?”

“Yeah maybe he's not feeling well. I better go there and check him.” Donghae opened Hyukjae's door to see him sleeping on his bed. He sat at the bed and lovingly touched him.

“Hyukkie please tell me what's wrong? You're making me worried you know.” Donghae sighed then stood up, kissed Hyukjae's forehead, and silently went out of the room.

Hyukjae woke up with darkness all over his room.

“I guess I slept too long.” He looked at his clock to see it's already past 6 in the evening. He stood up and went to the bathroom to fix himself. As he was walking down the stairs, he heard laughter at the living room.

‘Hmm visitors? Who could it be?’ He walked straight to the living room to see the KyuMin and YeWook couple there.

“W-what are you doing here?!” Hyukjae shouted as he pointed his finger at the 'unwanted' visitors.



DONGHAE'S POV

“W-what are you doing here?!” I heard Hyukkie shouted. So he's finally awake, I hope he's feeling a lot better now.

“Oh Hyukkie annyeong!”

“I said what are you doing here?!”

“Just dropping by besides we want to meet Donghae. And I may say Hyukkie, he's handsome.” Yesung hyung said as he teasingly looked at Hyukkie. I looked at Hyukkie to see him blushing. Wait blushing? Kkyyaaa so cute! I cleared my throat and approached him.

“Feeling better now Hyukkie?”

“N-ne.”

“Why did something happen to you hyung?” Ryeowook worriedly asked Hyukkie who smiled at him as he shook his head.

“Nothing Wookie don't worry I'm fine.”

“By the way Donghae hyung I heard you have a friend who's staying over.” Kyuhyun said with anticipation and wait did I just see a smirk? I just shrugged it knowing it's Kyuhyun and just answered.

“Oh yes he's Kibum.”

“Where is he hyung?” Kyuhyun curiously asked. Hmm something's fishy. No it's not me. It's just, why is he so interested?
“He just went out well I think he'll be home right now.”

“W-why are you l-looking for him huh?” Hyukkie stuttered. Okay this is weird.

“What? He's Donghae's friend so we also want to be friends with him.” Sungmin hyung answered him.

“I'm home.” Just in time, Kibum walked in through the door and lazily removed his shoes.

“Bummie-ah!” I smiled and welcomed him.

“Kibum-ah come let me introduce you. Guys this is Kibum my friend, Kibum these are our friends, Sungmin hyung, Kyuhyun, Yesung hyung, and Ryeowook.”

“Nice to meet you.” Kibum said as he smiled and bowed at them.

“Nice to meet you too.” They said in return.

“Wow Kibum hyung is handsome, no wonder someone is jealous.” Kyuhyun commented.

J-jealous? I looked at him to see him smirking towards Hyukkie. W-wait so he's jealous? Why did I suddenly feel happy inside?

“S-S-Shut up Kyuhyun!”

“Hey Donghae-ah,” Sungmin hyung called me. “What is your relationship with Kibum?”

“Well Donghae hyung is a special friend of mine since we're childhood friends. So we practically grew up together. You can say that I know everything about him.” Kibum said making me look at him with my jaw dropped. I looked at Hyukkie to see him red and in the verge of crying.

“O-oh so you're really close with each other huh?” Sungmin hyung awkwardly asked him.

“Yes and I like Donghae hyung a lot.”

Bam!

We all looked at the door to see Hyukkie running out and slamming it.

“H-hyukkie!” I called and went after him. Gahh Kibum what are you thinking?!



SUNGMIN'S POV

“H-hyukkie!”

We were all shocked to see Hyukkie running away with Donghae after him. I looked at Kibum in disbelief. Wait, he's smiling? What's wrong with him?

“Kibum-ah? Why did you do that?” Yesung hyung asked.

“They both deserved it.” Kibum just shrugged his shoulders

W-what? They both deserved it? What the heck is he saying?

“W-why are you like that?”

“Don't worry hyung you'll soon understand.” Something's definitely wrong with this guy. Something, unusual but I can't tell if it's good or bad. What's even weirder is that I can't bring myself to get angry with him.

“I guess we should go now hyungs.” Ryeowook said as he stood up.

“Take care on your way home and nice meeting you all.” Kibum stood as he walked us to the door. Once we're outside, Kyu faced me.

“Something's weird and it's surprising that it's not Yesung hyung.”

“Yah! I'm not weird.” Kyuhyun and I just rolled our eyes at him. Ryeowook? Well he's giggling like a freaking high school girl because of his boyfriend's 'cuteness'.




HYUKJAE'S POV

I kept on running, not even bothering where my feet are leading me to. It hurts. It hurts so much. I stopped running when I felt my legs getting heavy. I knelt down while clutching my chest. I'm still crying until I felt someone stood in front of me.

“Hyukjae?” I looked up to see Changmin staring worriedly at me. He helped me to stand up and went to a nearby cafe. We sat there awkwardly until he decided to break the silence.

“So.. Ahm, why are you crying? I'm your friend you can tell me everything.” I was about to answer but decided to just shut my mouth. I don't know what to say. I heard him sigh.

“You know I love you right? Please Hyukjae it hurts to see you like this.”

Yeah Changmin loves me. I suddenly remembered what Hae said to me. He thought I like Changmin that's why he said he'll let me go.

“Changmin-ah.” I whispered his name, still with my head hung low.

“What is it?”

“C-can we try?”

“Try what?” I can clearly hear the confusion in his voice. I swallowed hard and took a deep breath.

“U-us. T-together. I-I'll g-give you a c-chance.” I suddenly felt tight arms around me.

“R-really?!”

“C-changmin, c-can't b-breathe.”

“Oops mianhaeyo. But really?”

“Yes now stop asking questions before I change my mind.”

“Thank you so much Hyukjae. I promise this chance won't go to waste.” I tried my best to smile at him. Maybe this is the best thing to do.



DONGHAE'S POV

He kept on running so I just went after him. Aish when did he run this fast?! I stop running as I catch my breath. Great he stopped too. I saw him bent like he's hugging his knees. I was about to approach him when someone stopped in front of him. Great. It's that Changmin guy. I saw him helped Hyukkie to stand up as they entered a cafe. I guess I should just wait for him at home. I went nearer the cafe and looked at them. What the? Changmin's hugging him, MY HYUKKIE. I sighed. I don't have any right to be jealous right? He already chose him so I'm the loser here. I lazily dragged my feet back home. 

“Hyung you're back.” I just hummed at Kibum in response. I sat beside him and grabbed the ice cream he is eating. We stayed like that for a while until I saw Hyukkie opened the door with Changmin behind him.

“See you tomorrow Hyukjae.” He smiled and hugged him. Ugh such an eye sore.

“Who is that hyung?” Kibum asked as Hyukkie sat opposite me and Kibum.

“Changmin, my boyfriend.” I chocked on the ice cream I'm currently eating.

“Boyfriend? Since when?”

“A while ago. He asked me so I agreed.”

“Okay so Hae hyung's mission is finished already? Wow you finished your mission within two months. Congratulations hyung.” Kibum congratulated me. I think this is the first time I felt that I want to strangle him until he’ll choke. I tried my best to smile at him since Hyukkie is watching.

“So hyung now you can be a human and an angel at the same time! Isn't it great?”

“No Bum-ah I'll stay as an angel only.”

“Huh? Waeyo?” I saw confusion on their faces because of what I said.

“I have no one to return to here have I? So there is no need for me to be a human. I'm going to sleep now. Good night.” I stood up and left the two at the living room.



A/N: Okay please don't kill me.. anyway.. an update! I know this story is getting y and all but please bear with me.. I don't even know how I managed to write this one.. I'll go now before you would kill me *runs out to hide*.. oh wait... replies first!
Teukieasia19 sorry to disappoint you about the confession dear *bows* please don't kill me ne? *puppy eyes* 
sheyro90 yup he's there to help but.. *hides in a corner* MIANHAE! 
DredhezRei oh about the trip.. just wait for it ne? but don't expect too much I don't know if it would turn out right eh.. *prays to Shisus* 
superminnie aww thankyu for the comment but I know this time this is definitely a fail so mianhaeyo..
ciriak sorry! I think it turned the other way around? mianhae if this update *bows* I promise I'll make it up next time.. thanks for reading and commenting though.. I really appreciate it.. :D