Chapter 5

A Present from Heaven: My Guardian Angel

DONGHAE'S POV

“Hyungs!”

“Donghae? What are you doing here?”

“I'm here to ask you something.”

“Really? Go ahead.” Leeteuk hyung said to me just as Heechul hyung walked in.

“I want to be a human.”

“Wow that's nice to hear! Good decision!” Heechul hyung exclaimed as clapped his hands in delight.

“Are you sure? Once you became a human, you have to remain as one for the given time.” Kangin hyung said.

I honestly don't know if I'm ready for this. Wait. Realization hit me with what Kangin hyung said.

“Really? But I thought I can be a human and angel at the same time.”

“That will happen after you succeeded in your mission Donghae.” Heechul hyung cut in.

“So you became a human for 2 full months?”

“Nope, one and a half months only. I completed my mission early.”

“Ooh I never thought Heechul hyung would last that long.” I whispered but shut my mouth immediately as I felt death glares shooting at me, courtesy of Heechul hyung.

“How long would you want to be a human?”

“I don't know yet hyung.”

“Okay then I will be the one who would decide.” Leeteuk hyung said as he walked away. He returned with a blue book on his hands.

“What's that hyung?”

“This is the Status book. This is where the statuses of the missions of different angels are recorded. Let's see, Lee Donghae.” Leeteuk hyung scanned through the pages until he found what he was looking for. Nervousness suddenly filled me. I never thought they would have this kind of book. I'm sure I have a bad record there already.

“Hmm 1 month have passed but still no progress. Is it really that hard?”

“Yeah. Everytime I am giving him possible candidates, he would always disagree.” I said while pouting.

“Okay then I'll give you three months. It's enough right?”

“Yeah I think so.” So I only have 3 months to be with my Hyukkie as a human. I gotta enjoy these 3 months with him. I wonder how. kekekeke

“Are you ready Donghae?”

I cleared my throat.

“Yes, I'm ready.” I'll do anything for my Hyukkie.

“Okay good luck Hae and see you soon after 3 months.” Leeteuk hyung said as darkness took over me.



HYUKJAE'S POV

I woke up seeing the whole room dark with just my lampshade as the source of light. I looked on my side to see Donghae sleeping. He really looks like an angel while sleeping. I noticed his clothes to see he's wearing the casual ones. Wait, where are his wings? Donghae woke up and stared at me.

“Feeling better Hyukkie?”

“N-ne. Hae? Are you the one who took care of me?”

“Yes. Oh wait I cooked something for you. I'll just reheat it.” He went out of my room hurriedly. After quite some time he came back with a bowl of hot soup.

“Here Hyukkie I made some soup.”

“What kind of soup is this?”

“Monkey soup.” He said nonchalantly. I widened my eyes.

“Monkey soup?!”

“Relax Hyukkie I'm just joking. Hehehe. I wouldn't dare cook your family. It's just a normal soup don't worry I didn't put any poisonous ingredient there.”

I sighed in relief but I skeptically tasted it. Hmm it's delicious. I wonder if he really was the one who cooked this.

“If you're wondering if I was really the one who cooked it then yes and don't doubt my skills!” Donghae pouted. Aww so cute. Wait, Donghae cooked it? But how? He's an angel so how?

“Hae?”

“Hmm?” He asked as he took the bowl from me. I already finished eating my soup.

“Where are your wings? And why are you wearing casual clothes? What happened to your wonderful robe?”

“Ah that... I'm a human now.”

Ah okay... What?! Come again?! A human?! My angel is now a human?!

“What?!” I asked him in disbelief.

“Well, I realized that I can help you well if I would be a human so tada!” He turned around and smiled. Oh that smile again.

“Am I handsome huh Hyukkie?”

“Very Hae.” I woke up from my dream and covered my mouth.

“Oh really Hyukkie?”

“I mean...” Think Hyukjae! Palle!

“Ah Very child like. That's what I mean!”

“What?! I don't look like a kid.” He pouted.

“Sure you do Hae.”

“Wwaaahhh Hyukkie is such a meanie.” Okay is he really sure that he's not a kid? But he's really cute. ^^



NOBODY'S POV

“But what is the difference between you being an angel and being a human?”

“Well.. I can easily set you up on a date because I can talk to them. You don't make the first move even if I told you so that's why I would be the one who would do it for you.” Donghae explained proudly.

Ding Dong~~

“Are you expecting some visitors Hyukkie?”

“Nope, you?”

“No. Well just wait here I'll get it.” Donghae ran to the door to see the shocked KyuMin couple.

“Oh Sungmin-ssi, Kyuhyun-ssi! Are you here to visit Hyukkie? Please come in!” Donghae happily said, disregarding their reactions.

“Eer are you Donghae-ssi? Hyukkie's friend?”

“Yup the one and only! Hyukkie!! Your friends are here!!”

“Hey Minnie, I doubt he's just THE friend.” Kyuhyun suspiciously said.

“Yeah more like the boyfriend.” The two giggled but stopped as soon as they saw Hyukjae.

“Hyukkie!! Are you alright? I'm so worried about you! But now I'm relieved because I can see that your boyfriend took good care of you.” Sungmin smirked.

“Hyung thank you very much for your concern don’t worry I’m fine now. And even though Kyuhyun is your boyfriend, I suggest you should lessen the time of hanging around with him, his evil virus is already contaminating you. And hyung, F.Y.I Hae is not my boyfriend.”

“Hae? So you now have pet names for each other, Hae and Hyukkie, that's cute but still my Minnie is still cuter.” Kyuhyun said as he pinched Sungmin's cheeks.

“Hyukkie! Time to drink your medicine!” Donghae shouted from Hyukjae's room. Hyukjae blushed seeing his friends' teasing looks.

“N-ne! I'll be right there!” He said as he ran upstairs.

“They really are cute. Hihihi.” Sungmin giggled.



SUNGMIN'S POV

Hihihi they're really cute together. Well it's okay for me if ever Donghae is the one for my best friend. He is so kind so he deserves someone like him. Hyukjae returned after taking his medicine.

“Tell me Hyukkie, you like him don't you?”

“Aniyo! How can I like him if he's an ang- oops.” Hyukjae didn't continue his words as he quickly covered his mouth.

“Huh? He's a what?” I asked, confused. Is he hiding a secret? Something's fishy but don't worry it's not Donghae.

“A-aniyo don't mind me.”

“What you're about to say is he is an angel right hyung?”

Angel? I stared at Kyuhyun with a where-did-you-get-that-idea look.

“What? I just completed his sentence Minnie.” He just shrugged and continued playing. Argh sometimes I don't know why I love this evil brat.

“No!” Hyukjae shouted.

What's with the sudden outburst? It's not like it can be true right? It's impossible to happen.

“Yah maknae! What are you talking about! He's not an angel! How can he become one huh?”

“Okay then what are you trying to say a while ago?” Kyuhyun smirked while pausing his game.

“That.. Nothing.” Woah is he blushing? So cute!! I knew they're not just friends! This calls for the famous detective pink Bunny!! Kekeke



NOBODY'S POV

The Kyumin couple decided to stay for a while and hang out with Donghae which in a short time became one of their close friends. Hyukjae is happy to see his friends close but sometimes frown when Donghae is smiling sweetly at them. This gesture of him didn't go unnoticed by the couple. After a while they now decided to go home.

“Donghae we'll be going now. We had so much fun today.”

“Me too Sungmin hyung, you two take care ne?”

“We will and Donghae? If you'll do anything to Hyukkie, please be gentle, you're his first you know.”

“ Hyung!” Hyukjae said while blushing.

“Hahaha bye bye!” Then the two finally went off.

Meanwhile...

“I think I now know why Hyukjae keeps on rejecting Donghae's suggestions.” Leeteuk said while watching Hyukjae and Donghae.

“Really? And why is that so?” Kangin asked.

“Because Hyukjae is obviously in love with his own guardian angel and Donghae, being the dense he really is, doesn't notice this.” Heechul said as he appeared from somewhere. Leeteuk just nodded in agreement.

“So that's why you told him to be a human."

"Yup and look at how Donghae looks at him.” Heechul pointed at the scene before them.

“So what's your plan now?” Kangin said as he is now realizing the situation.

“Nothing, I just did the first step and the rest would just go naturally. They just have to figure it out themselves.”



A/N: Tada! an update! First of all thanks for the support and for those who subscribed. I love you all! :* Actually at first I'm not gonna do an update but because I already got my tickets for the SS3 3D here I'm super hyper like crazy!!! XD Okay enough with the ranting.. I hope you enjoyed my short update.. :D Comments are loved! <3