Chapter 22

A Present from Heaven: My Guardian Angel

 

A/N: as promised.. a double update... please read the previous chapter first ne? gosh I need now to work on the next one... anyways thankyu very kamsa ^w^

HYUKJAE'S POV

I was frozen on my spot when I saw Hae at my door. I saw Changmin looking at me through my peripheral vision, anticipating on what I would do next. He sighed when I didn't move and nudged me slightly on my side. He leaned near me and whispered.

"Go hyung, talk to him and settle everything." I nodded briefly at him and like a robot, made my way there. I stopped when I noticed him not moving from his position.

"C-Changmin?" He told me to go and when I did, I turned around once again to see him walking away. I softened my look for a moment, thanking him for being such a nice and understanding friend inside my mind before I cleared my throat and faced Hae.

"H-how are y-you?" I looked at him across the room sitting on the sofa and me on my bed. He really is nervous. Hae is never the type to stutter. I sighed. I raised my pointing finger and motioned him to go near me. He hesitated a bit, I could see that, but then complied. He awkwardly sat on my bed but with a great distance between us.

"As far as I know I'm here because I tried committing suicide not because I'm having a communicable disease."

"I'm like this because I don't know how to face you." He mumbled and I smiled a bit. Angels surely don't know how to lie.

"Hae." He looked at me like a kid caught doing something naughty. How cute.

"Aren't you gonna come near me?" He moved his body little by little until our elbows slightly brushed against each other. 

"Mianhae." He said in a hushed voice that I hardly heard them but well good thing I did.

"Sorry for what?"

"F-for everything. For leaving you, making you lonely and, for making you like this." He said between sobs. I felt a pang of pain in my heart hearing him cry like this. Is it his fault anyways? I guess not. He's just doing his duty as my guardian angel. I'm just the stubborn one here. I smiled as I placed my hand on his hair and began playing with it.

"I'm sorry and thank you." I said and he confusedly looked at me. I slowly wiped his tears with my thumb and smiled at him.

"I'm sorry I got you worried and thank you for saving my life." I explained and suddenly he lightly hit me on my arm. I was about to complain when I felt strong arms hugging me tightly.

"Do you know how worried I am when I saw you lying on the floor bleeding?! My mind went blank that time and I thought I'll really lose you! Don't ever do that again!" He nagged at me as he continued to cry. I felt his arms hugged me tighter like he's afraid that I'll go away. It made me blush as I felt millions of butterflies in my stomach. Smiling, I leaned my head on his broad shoulder as I wrapped my arms on his waist hugging him in return.

"So you're not leaving me again?" He pulled away slightly just to look at me and shook his head.

"How can I leave my life behind?" He replied with a sweet smile on his face. He still looks handsome despite his red puffy eyes from crying a while ago. He reached out his hand to caress my cheek to which I leaned to and closed my eyes, loving the feeling of care in it.

"Lee Hyukjae, I love you." I opened my eyes to look at Donghae's and all I could see is love and honesty. Rivers of tears started running down my face again due to too much happiness I'm feeling right now. He loves me! I hugged him again. He yelped a little in surprise but nonetheless return it.

"I love you too my guardian angel, Donghae." I replied as I kept on crying real hard, not really caring if Hae would be laughing at me for being a crybaby. He let go of me and wiped messily my tears. He cupped my cheeks and looked directly at my eyes. I looked back at him and blushed. All I could see is love in his eyes. Then he started leaning towards me and I automatically closed my eyes. Then, our lips touched. It was just an innocent one but I could feel his love for me through this kiss. How could I describe this kiss? Magical? Nerve-breaking? My tummy feels weird I think I'm having indigestion already. But, whatever. So this is how it feels to be kissed. I'm so happy Hae is my first kiss. I leaned in more, bravely deepening the kiss and sadly, after a few seconds, we needed to part as we need to breathe. He kept our foreheads touching as he caressed my cheeks tenderly, both of us savouring this moment together. 

"Stop crying now baby hmm? I don't want to see you cry again." He said and I nodded timidly at him, not even bothering to look directly at his eyes.

"So, Hae? We're together now right?" I asked him after a couple of minutes while sitting side by side with my head leaning on him.

"Yes but Hyukkie there's something I want to do." I looked up at him and saw him smiling at me. I wonder what it is.

"I wanna court you. I want you to experience how love should be, the human way." He grinned at me as I widened my eyes in surprise. H-he wants to court me? Is he serious? Omo!!! He's so sweet I think I would have cavities! Okay that was exaggerated but still! So happy!


NO ONE'S POV

Hyukjae blushed hard but nonetheless nodded and Donghae's grin just got wider. Well he already has plans on what to do, of course with the help of his hyungs. Watching cheesy dramas on television is helpful in this kind of situation, thanks to the boring hours of waiting for his Hyukkie to come home from school. He smiled contentedly as he intertwined their fingers together, playing with Hyukjae's once in a while. He kissed his forehead at the same time inhaling the scent he'll never get tired of. Finally, in his arms leans his life, the one he loves and forever would be.

"Are we interrupting something?" The two of them looked at the door to see multiple heads peeking on them. Let's enumerate them: Heechul, Hankyung, Yesung, Ryeowook, Sungmin, and Kyuhyun. Hyukjae beamed at them, happy to see their friends. They all went in or rather, pushed themselves at the narrow door at once causing chaos to the whole room.

"Hyukkie! How are you? We're so worried about you!" Sungmin exclaimed as he hugged him, being the first one to make his way out at the mess. Hyukjae hugged him in return, assuring his best friend that's he's now fine. He did the same with Kyuhyun, Yesung, and Ryeowook. He took a peek at his other guests and tilted his head to the side in curiosity. His eyes widened when he saw one of the guests he never thought he would meet again. 

"Heechul hyung!" He beamed and ran his way to him and hugged the older. "I never thought I would see you here again! Oh you know, I kept the rose and the feather you left me." He excitedly told him. Donghae just watched them, amused with how Hyukjae could act casually at Heechul and how the latter just let him be. The angel smiled as he hugged him back and ruffled his hair.

"I'm glad you're fine already. Gosh I had to hit Hae hard when he saw you at your house. Don't ever do that again arasso?" He nagged and the younger pouted at him but nodded. Heechul pulled away and held Hankyung's hand.

"By the way this is my boyfriend Hankyung." The Chinese man smiled gently at Hyukjae making him smile in return.

"Such a gentle man right Hyukkie? Unlike Heechul hyung." Donghae said as he approached and stood beside the red haired guy. Hyukjae giggled as Heechul hyung gave the other angel death glares to which Donghae just shrugged off, to happy to care about his hyung's warning stare.


DONGHAE'S POV

"Ah! Home at last!" I laughed at how Hyukkie jumped on my bed and rolled on it, burying his face on my pillow. Since he's fine already, the doctor agreed that he'll just stay at home and rest. I placed his things on his room and came back to see him snuggling on my pillow, getting ready to sleep. Chuckling, I sat at the edge of the bed and playfully slapped his .

"Hyukkie, change your clothes first and as far as I know you have your own room since this is your house." I said and saw him crawling under the blanket until he peeked at me, only his face showing while pouting at me.

"But Hae, can't I just sleep here? I thought you've missed me? Don't you want me anymore?" He asked timidly like a child. I resisted the urge to pinch him on the cheeks because of his cuteness.

"Aigoo such a cutie. Arasso but change your clothes first. Then go down for dinner ne? I'll cook your favorite." He just pouted more and lazily nodded at me, obviously not liking the idea. I ruffled his hair affectionately and went outside to prepare our dinner.

"Hae?"

I opened my left eye and peeked down at my angel lying beside me. He insisted on sleeping with me and he really did. As soon as I opened my door after showering and changing into comfortable clothes, I saw him hugging his pillow. So here we are now, cuddling on my bed. Don't worry pals, I won't do anything to Hyukkie, well although I already got permission from Nari Umma and Shindong Appa. I'll wait for it until he's at the right age and until we're married.

"I love you." He said with his gummy smile. I smiled in return and tightened my arms around him. This feels so good I could just sit here and cuddle with him all day.

"I love you too." I whispered as I leaned down and kissed his forehead. And with that, we both went to our own dreamlands, dreaming about each other. Life really couldn't get any better, right?

P.S. another short story from me! please please please read if you have time! thankyu!!

My Cute Elevator Guy: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/249496