Epilogue

A Present from Heaven: My Guardian Angel

 

 

 

He is currently on his favorite seat on the yard of their home enjoying the breeze that is gently brushing against his cheeks. The chirping of the birds was clearly heard making him calm and relaxed. It was just an ordinary winter day for some but not for him and his love. Remembering what they are celebrating this day made him smile.

Suddenly a strong pair of arms hugged him from behind.

 “Happy Anniversary my love…” said the owner of those strong arms, emitting that safety he always feel whenever the said man will hug him. He turned around to look at him with his single lidded eyes.

“Happy Anniversary too, Hae.” Hyukjae said, showing his gummy smile as he shifted on his seat to return the hug. Donghae sat beside him and handed him a pack of strawberry milk. He muttered a small thanks as he sipped, enjoying its sweetness dancing in his mouth. They stayed like that for a while until he noticed his angel staring at him with his beautiful eyes. He gazed back at him confusedly and raised his brows.

“What?”

 “Why are you staring at me like that?”

Donghae smiled at his monkey’s cuteness. He lifted his hands and lovely caressed Hyukjae’s face earning a slight blush from the latter. He somehow felt conscious but didn’t pry his hand away.

“Nothing Hyukkie… I’m just thankful that we’re still together after all these years and still going stronger.” Donghae said while he removed his hand from his cheeks and placed it on top of Hyukjae’s hand, squeezing it slightly.

“Yeah 5 years of being together and still counting.” He answered and the other smiled and nodded in approval.

“Umma, Appa..”

The two looked to the direction where the cute voice was heard. There stood a small boy wearing a fish and monkey patterned pajamas. The little boy is still rubbing his eyes out indicating that he just woke up from his sleep. They smiled seeing the cute face of their child. The chubby cheeks, cute small eyes, smooth white skin, pink lips and the innocence he shows that will make you want to hug him the whole day.

“Good morning Henry.” Donghae said as he picked up Henry and placed him in his lap.

“Good morning my Mochi, how was your sleep?” Hyukjae said after pecking on his son’s cheek.

“It was good Umma! I dreamed that we were at the beach swimming with so many fishes! It was so beautiful!” The little child narrated with his eyes glowing with joy and excitement.

“Hahaha my son dreamed about his Appa and his family.”

“Hey that’s not fair. You’re also a fish. You’re an anchovy.” Donghae reasoned out, pouting.

“Aww but I’m sure you like me more as a monkey right Fishy?”

“Well I like you in any form so don’t worry my monkey.”

“Oh wait Umma, Appa I will just get something from my room.” Henry said as he went off to his room.

After a few minutes Henry came back with a medium-sized paper hidden behind his back.

“Happy Anniversary Umma, Appa! I made this for you!” Henry beamed as he gave the paper to his parents.

On the said paper, a fish, a monkey, and a mochi are drawn cutely with a heart at the middle. The two smiled at their baby’s cuteness and the ‘umma’ carried him to place him on his lap and hug him tight. The little kid giggled at the gesture and just hugged back, wrapping his short chubby arms around Hyukjae’s neck

“Aww this is so cute~ Thank you baby.” Hyukjae said as he kissed Henry’s chubby cheek.

“Thank you Mochi.” Donghae said as he leaned towards the two and did the same. Henry jumped off from Hyukjae’s lap and happily went back to his parents’ room to place his drawing after his parents were done squeezing him to which the kid clearly doesn’t mind.

Donghae and Hyukjae stood up from their seat and peeked from the door to check if their baby is still around. A smile never left their lips all the while as they intertwined their hands together. The simplicity of life they are spending together with their baby and friends without problems big enough to ruin their trust and love for each other, for them, those are just what they needed and everything will be fine.

Both of them snapped out from their own happy thoughts when they felt a strong gush of wind from behind and sounds of flapping wings were heard.

“Where is he?”

“At your room placing his drawing there. Don’t worry I first assured that he won’t get hurt before I leave.” They both nodded at the answer as Hyukjae turned around to smile at the new comer.

“Please watch over him at all times, ZhouMi.” Donghae said as he also turned around to see an angel, with long slender legs and a sophisticated, handsome face standing near them. Seriousness filled his voice but the angel truly understands it and he’s willing to comply with their request.

“You know I’ll do it even if you won’t tell me to so don’t worry.” ZhouMi said as he smiled tenderly at the couple and flew away to Henry’s direction. The couple looked at the angel as he flew away and thanked the heavens for giving their baby a kind guardian angel that they can fully entrust their baby’s life with.

“He would fit perfectly for our Mochi.” Donghae grinned as he said his thoughts aloud, breaking the comfortable silence surrounding them. Hyukjae looked at him with wide eyes and playfully slapped Donghae’s arm. “Mimi? Of course he would, he’s his guardian angel after all. But please stop thinking about that. Henry’s still a baby for Shisus’ sake!”

“I know but what’s bad about the idea? At least we now know that our baby would be in great hands once he grow up and fell in love.” Donghae defended making Hyukjae silent, thinking about it and silently agreed with the idea. They always say history repeats itself so, it is possible that what had happened to them will also happen to Henry, minus the heartaches he had gone through during those times, he doesn’t want their son to experience any of it. After a few minutes, he sighed in defeat as he leaned his head on Donghae’s shoulder.

“Well yeah you’re right. Just like how I fell in love with my own guardian angel. And I hope they won’t be stupid like us when that time finally came. I don’t want my baby to be hurt and I don’t know what I will do to ZhouMi if that will happen.” Hyukjae said as he leaned away only to face his husband with a pout on his lips. Donghae laughed whole-heartedly at Hyukjae and kissed his pout away.

“Of course besides, many ajhussis will be after Mimi’s head if he’ll hurt Mochi. You know how the hyungs are so protective of him.” He explained as they started walking back inside and smiled when they saw Henry playing alone at the living room with ZhouMi behind him, wrapping his wings around the child providing him warmth. Donghae suddenly turned Hyukjae to face him and held his shoulders and gently kissed him in the lips. Hyukjae was shocked with the sudden gesture but smiled through it knowing how random Donghae can be. They let go after a few seconds and he gave the other a questioning look.

“Nothing. Just wanna thank you for the wonderful gift,” Donghae answered pertaining to Henry, “and, for always being there for me. I love you my Hyukkie.”

A tear slowly rolled down Hyukjae’s cheek, clearly touched with Donghae’s words. He messily wiped his happy tear and wrapped his arms on the other’s neck and pecked his lips.

“You’re always welcome Hae. I love you too, my love.” 

 

A/N: took me long enough to post the epilogue and I'm sorry if it's the last one but then it OTL

once again thankyu for those who supported my fic! this is my first chaptered story and I actually felt proud that I was able to finish this one.. Kamsahamnida!! *bows 90 degrees*