Chapter 19

A Present from Heaven: My Guardian Angel

 


NOBODY'S POV

“Umma! Appa!” Leeteuk and Kangin both looked to the direction the voice came from and were surprised to see who it is.

“D-Donghae? Kibum?” Donghae just ran and hugged both of them.

“Teukie hyung! Kangin hyung! I missed you so much!” Donghae said as he tightened his hug on the two angels.

“Hi hyungs, long time no see.” Kibum said as he hugged them too after Kangin have to literally push away the clinging fish.

“But wait what are you two doing here? Is your mission finished already?” Donghae frowned a little but immediately composed himself.

“Yes, he's with Changmin already.” He just said indifferently. Leeteuk and Kangin just stared at each other and decided that it's better to just let it go.

“Oh my cute fishy Hae and my Snow White Kibummie! You're back!” Heechul happily greeted his dongsaengs with open arms but soon stopped when he felt the heavy atmosphere.

“W-what's happening here? What's with the atmosphere?” He said as he waved his beautiful hands like he's erasing the negative air.

“Er nothing Heechul hyung.”

“You're back meaning your mission's finished right? Does Hyukkie know that you're here? What if he'll panic thinking that you won't go back to him?”

“Hyung stop it please. Yes I'm finished and I'm not going back there.” Heechul stood there dumbfounded.

“What did you say? Don't tell me he chose Changmin?” Donghae just nodded weakly.

“If you'll excuse me, I want to rest.” He walked away with his head low, preveting himself from crying.

“Teukie..”

“I know Heechul, but they've already decided and there is nothing we could do about it anymore.” All of them just looked at Donghae's back with pity for the said angel.



HYUKJAE'S POV

“Hyukkie are you sure you're not coming with us?” Sungmin hyung asked for the nth time and all I did is groan. I turned my back on him as I covered myself with blanket. Today is the second day of the trip and all I did was lie on this bed. I'm not in the mood to go out and have some fun. I felt some weight beside me and I felt him my hair.

“Okay then if you'll need anything just call me ne?”

“Ne, hyung. Don't worry I'll be fine.” He sighed as he stood up and went out.

You can call me a killjoy for all I care. What happened at home bothered me so much. I don't know why but something's definitely wrong with the way they act. And Hae, he told me he loves me and he even kissed me but he said goodbye. Is it because he now handled me to Changmin? Wait. I sat up on my bed. He gave me to Changmin, meaning his mission is now finished.

"Did he leave me already?" I panicked. I took my phone and dialed his number with my shaking hands.

"Please Hae answer your phone. Please, please let my assumptions be untrue. Don't leave me." The phone just kept on ringing until a voice spoke.

The number you dialed is either busy or unattended.

No.

Tears are now starting to fall as I looked at my phone. Please don't leave me. I suddenly remembered how Sungmin hyung stops me whenever I would try to call Hae. Does he know something? I called him and impatiently waited for him to answer.

“Yoboseyo? Hyukkie? What's wrong?” He asked me once he answered my call, his voice full of worry.

“Hyung, can I.. talk to you?” I faintly said because honestly I'm getting weaker now. I don't know if I could handle everything once I'll know the truth.

“Okay Hyukkie I'll be right there.” Then the line died. I leaned on the head rest as I look into space.

Hae, you won't leave me right?



SUNGMIN'S POV

“Okay Hyukkie I'll be right there.” I said as I ended his call. I'm currently here at the pool side with Kyu and Changmin. They stared at me with questioning eyes.

“Minnie?”

“Hyukkie wants to talk to me. I'll go now okay?”

“Can you do this alone?” Changmin asked me.

“Don't worry we'll be fine. I guess you know his situation?” He just nodded.

“I know he loves Donghae hyung and now I know that I'm already defeated. I won't get angry because at least Hyukjae gave me a chance. I'll settle everything once he's okay.” I saw him smile but there is sadness in his eyes. I stood up and hugged him.

“Thank you Changmin-ah. You're really brave for what you decided to do. Don't worry you'll soon find the one for you.” I let go of the hug and smiled at him.

“Minnie if you need something just give me a ring ne?”

“Okay Kyu I will thanks.” He kissed me and I immediately ran my way to our room. Once I arrived I immediately opened the door to see Hyukkie sitting on his bed. He look pale and he's obviously crying.

“Hyung..” I ran towards him and hugged him tight.

“Hyukkie.”

“Hae.. He...” He didn't continue what he was saying as he cried hard.

“Hyung please tell me, Hae didn't leave me right? And he said he loves me! I should be happy right? But he said goodbye. Why is that so? Hyung I tried to call him but I can't reach him. You know something right hyung? Sungmin hyung! Please answer me. Please.” He continued to plead as he held tightly on my shirt. He is now uncontrollably crying. I released the hug as I cupped his face.

“Hyukkie, Hae told us everything. About him being your angel and also, about him loving you. He said that once his mission is finished, he can choose to be a human or an angel. He really wants to be a human because of you. But now he can't so he has no choice but to return to heaven. He told us that they'll leave once we left for this trip. I'm sorry Hyukkie I wasn't able to tell you this earlier. Hae asked us not to.”

“I want to see him hyung. I have to go home now. He's waiting for me there. I can feel it. I know you're lying.” He struggled to get out but I held him tighter.

“Hyuk enough. It's very hard for him to do this. He wants you to be happy.”

“How can I be happy?!” He suddenly screamed. “How can I be happy when all I ever wanted to be with is him and now he's gone. I don't know if I'll be able to continue my life. Hyung, I want my Hae back. I love him hyung.”

I swear I've never seen him this wasted.

“But what about Changmin?” He looked at me once I said that name.

“I... don't know hyung. I hope he'll understand.” I only sighed.

‘Yeah Hyukkie. He already did.’ We stayed like that for a while until I felt him snoring lightly. I tucked him in bed and I saw his troubled face.

“Hyung.” I turned around and gasped.



DONGHAE'S POV

“Hyukkie!” I woke up with cold sweat running down my face. I looked around and realized that I'm at my real room. Oh yeah, I've returned already. I took a deep breath as my door opened revealing a worried Siwon.

“Hyung! Are you alright? We heard you screaming!”

“Don't worry I'm fine, just a bad dream.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah.” I replied as I got up and fix myself.

“Where are you going?”

“I need to see Hyukkie. I don't like my dream about him. I'm worried.”

“But hyung-“

“Don't worry, I can handle it.” I gave him an assuring pat then I spread my wings and flew away. I arrived at their hotel a few minutes later. Good thing it's already evening that's why nobody could see me. I flew to their room's balcony to see the door open. I silently slid myself in and saw Sungmin hyung tucking Hyukkie to his bed.

“Hyung.” He turned around and gasped when he saw me.

“Donghae?” I stood there in my angel form smiling gently at him.

“How did you-” I pointed at the open balcony of their room so he just nodded in understanding. I went near Hyukkie as I his hair. My heart sank when I saw his pretty face stained with tears while sleeping.

My Hyukkie.

“How is he hyung?” I bravely asked Sungmin hyung although I could clearly see that he's not okay. Maybe he already knew the truth?

“Honestly Hae, he already realized that you left already and he's really troubled. He kept on asking me that it's not true and he even wanted to go home. Good thing I was able to stop him.”

I knew it.

“Did you tell him everything?”

“Well yeah. I have no choice do I?” He heard me sighed.

“How about you Hae?”

“I'm alright.”

“You still don't know how to lie.” He shook his head.

“Did you even bother to look at yourself in front of a mirror?” I chuckled bitterly as I sat beside this beautiful sleeping figure.

“Hyukkie, how are you? I miss you already although it's only two days.” I kept on his face and hair lightly, afraid that I might wake him up. I smiled when he purred to my touch.

“Hae.. Don't leave me please.” I stopped touching him when I heard what he said. Is he dreaming about me? I look at Sungmin hyung to see him staring at us with tears in his eyes.

“Hae, please come back. Hyukkie needs you.” I just shook my head.

“No hyung, he doesn't need me, he has Changmin already and he promised me he'll take care of him.”

“But...” I stood up, placed a kiss on Hyukkie's forehead and turned to Sungmin hyung.

“Please I don't want to make things complicated for him anymore. Thank you hyung for always taking care of him. I'll go now.” He didn't argue anymore and just gave me a small nod. I hugged him and went straight to the balcony as I made my wings appear.

“Donghae," I looked at him and he asked me. "When are you coming back? Because I know, he'll still be waiting for you.” I smiled sadly at him.

“I'm sorry hyung but I don't know. I guess it'll be better if we won't see each other again.” I replied as I flew away. I wipped the tears that are making my vision blur together with the cold air of the night. I really love him but I don't think I have the courage to fight for that feeling. 



A/N: I sincerely apologize for my late update. you know, school works. comments please? thank you very much~ no replies this time because I seriously need some sleep right now... thanks for the comments! I really appreciate them... oh to the new subscribers, annyeong! :D