The Goddess

Love Assumed

- Story view -

"Kitty baby." Jessica turned when she heard a new voice but before she could take a look at his face, she felt a hand behind her neck, gently pushing her head forward. Before she knew it, her head was, surprisingly comfortably, resting against someone's shoulder blade.

"You smell good," she commented, after inhaling one of her favourite scent. She pulled away from the unplanned hug, and took a good look at the man before her. Young, charming, confident, perfect. She found herself smiling at him. "Versace Pour Homme, right?"

He could only grin, as he looked back at her. Nodding slightly, or rather cutely in Jessica's eyes, he replied, "Amazing, but yes, Versace Pour Homme. Smells good huh? Well well, I'd never imagined that you'd be this charming, Kitty. Is it safe for me to assume that you're alone tonight?"

One corner of her lips curved upwards, as she ran her finger up his neck to his chin. "Are you hoping that I'm alone?" She purred, mischief obvious in her eyes.

"I'm hoping to bring you home tonight," came his firm, and yet cute, reply.

"Well, I'm your-" Jessica's words were cut short, as she felt the vibration from her phone. "Give me a sec." Frowning at the interruption, she swiped the message open.

(Unknown)
Hey it's me.

Jessica frowned yet again, but she typed a reply quick enough.

(Unknown)
u are?

She turned to look at the man beside her, who was sipping a pint of beer. Still cute. It wasn't long before she received another message.

(Unknown)
You told me to tell you when I'm home just now. I'm Taeyeon.

Jessica let out a laugh when she finally remembered about what happened not too long ago.

(Unknown)
lol ok, great 

She slid her phone into her pocket, before lightly tapping the shoulder of the man, who turned to look at her with a cheerful smile.

"I'm yours," the words slipped out of Jessica's lips as she winked at him.

***

It was a regular morning for Jessica, as she frowned at her computer, her head occupied with the countless projects her company, or rather, she was handling. It was only barely half past 9 and she had already received more than 5 calls from her secretary, and this didn't include the incoming one.

"Yes. Yes Jinah?"

"Miss Jung, Yeonjin Corp has just been declared bankrupt."

"Yeonjin Corp has just what?!"

"Yes Miss Jung. I'm afraid we won't be getting our $10million back..."

"Fu-" She almost couldn't hold back from cursing. "Okay. It's okay. I got it."

Jessica hung up, letting out an exasperated sigh. It wasn't even 10 o'clock, and here she was, receiving news that she wouldn't be getting her $10million back. She pinched the bridge of her nose, hoping that it will ease her headache, even if it was only a little bit. She almost grabbed her mobile phone in frustration when it vibrated.

(Unknown)
Hi Kitty :)

She read the two simple words from her message preview and her eyes widened in shock. Since when did anyone know that Jessica Jung was Kitty other than Yoona?! She only heaved a sigh of relief when she clicked on the message and saw the chat history with the sender. Jessica frowned once more when her head finally registered the situation. She never liked any of her "Kitty ", as Yoona would describe it, to be brought into her personal life. Personal life as in, Jessica Jung's life. She wondered if she should reply, and she ended up deciding against it. Maybe she would buzz off if she ignored her, Jessica thought. But she couldn't have been more wrong, because the next message came within twenty minutes.

(Unknown)
When do I return you the money?

Jessica could only sigh, before she sent her a reply, hoping that she would stop bothering her.

(Unknown)
its ok. lol. 50 bucks is no big deal. 

Her hopes had gone down the drain, though, because she had Taeyeon sending her text messages everyday. Jessica did try to be nice, sending her mindless replies, still hoping that the conversation would stop somewhere.

(Unknown)
Have you eaten lunch?
lol. yeah.
What did you eat?
fish and chips.

 It went on for a whole week, until Jessica's patience was worn thin, and she finally lashed out.

(Unknown)
Actually, what are you up to in the day?
look taeyeon. lol. im really not the kind to keep in touch. and ill appreciate it if u would stop texting me.
lol. sorry for being straightforward. thats how i am.

All of it ended, with Taeyeon replying, "Okay. Sorry. Take care."

The next day, the peace was almost unfamiliar to Jessica, but it didn't take her long to get used to her original life all over again.

***

Yoona was lazily rinsing her cocktail shaker when the door swung open not too far away from her, catching her attention. She only smiled before switching her vision back to her cocktail shaker. It took less than a minute for someone took a seat right in front of her, and Yoona could feel the newcomer staring intently at her.

"Quit staring Kitty cat. You're late," She muttered, keeping her gaze on the cocktail shaker.

"I never said I'd come here at a specific time," Jessica replied half-heartedly. "Something light please."

Yoona smiled once again, before easily making a cosmopolitan, skillfully pushing it to Jessica.

"Perfect as usual Yoona my love."

"Please don't. I don't wanna be affiliated with you in any way you heartbreaker."

Jessica only put her hand above her heart, with a sad expression on her face. "You just broke mine, Yoona dear."

Yoona let out a hearty laugh, as she smacked Jessica's arm. "So, is that girl still bothering you?" She asked the older girl, teasingly.

"No, thank goodness."

"Look at how charming you are. Men, and women, swoon over you. You're a Goddess, unnie."

"You wanna tell me how many boys have asked you for your number tonight already?"

The younger girl chuckled, before seriously thinking through her question. "Say... Nine?"

"There you have it. You're a Goddess too Yoong."

"So, you really did flare at her?"

"Of course I did."

"You told me you'd show me the other day but it slipped off both our minds."

"Really? Right, give me a sec." With that said, Jessica whipped out her phone and showed Yoona their chat history.

"Seriously unnie. She wasn't half as bad as you made her sound she was..."

"I mean, why would you keep texting someone who doesn't even sound the least interested to hold a conversation with you?"

"Uh, I don't know. Maybe...someone who's nice?" Jessica only rolled her eyes at the younger girl, who was laughing at her own sarcasm. "But really, she sounded hurt."

"I can't care less, Yoong. Can you even imagine the shock I had when someone addressed me as 'Kitty' in her message? I swear I almost had a heart attack. I really shouldn't have been that soft-hearted."

Yoona didn't reply this time round, and Jessica raised her eyebrow at her, noticing the sudden change in the younger girl's expression.

"What's wrong...?"

"Unnie..." Yoona started. Jessica didn't quite like how it sounded. It didn't sound like anything good could come out in a tone like that. "You were just...being the real you." Yoona's words got her right there. Jessica found herself frozen on the spot, unable to process the bartender's words.

When the words finally settled in just a little bit, she cautiously replied, "And what do you mean by that...?"

"The real you. Not the seemingly cold and unfeeling Kitty. The real you."

"Yoong. Let's not go there," Jessica was quick to respond. "Another one of your yummy Cosmo please?"

Yoona sighed, before proceeding to make Jessica her cosmopolitan. "I'm surprised I still get to talk to you like that today, unnie. Usually, the boys would have gotten to you by now."

"Aww, is my little Yoongie jealous?" Jessica laughed as she brushed her thumb gently across her cheek.

"Oh don't use your tricks on me for goodness sake!"

The younger girl's words had Jessica giggling but the vibration of her phone interrupted her. For a moment, Jessica wondered who would contact her at such a time. She couldn't help but to frown when the caller alert showed an unknown number. Hesitating for a little while longer, she decided to pick it up.

"Yes?"

"Kitty..." Jessica's eyebrows furrowed yet again when she heard her nickname. There was only one person who affiliated her phone number with Kitty instead of Jessica Jung, and it was none other than Taeyeon. She thought she had made it clear enough, and she didn't take even a moment to unleash her fury.

"Gosh Taeyeon didn't I ju-" The girl was halfway screaming into her phone when a seemingly muffled cry reached her ears, stopping her immediately. "T-Taeyeon...?" Jessica stuttered without knowing it, worried about the girl all of a sudden.

When the girl didn't reply, Jessica pressed her phone nearer to her ear, hoping that her ear would be able to pick up any signs that could tell her what was happening on the other end.

"H-hey you alright...? Did something happen?" Taeyeon still didn't reply, and the muffled cries continued, worrying Jessica more and more by the second. "Where are you? You know what, come on out. I'm at the bar." Jessica didn't know why she said that. She just did.

"O-okay..." She felt surprisingly relieved when she finally heard some kind of a response.

"Alright, I'll see you here okay? I'm at the counter," Jessica coaxed, and hung up not long after.

Yoona was eyeing her suspiciously when she finally turned back to look at the girl.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

 

 


[A/N] 3/8/2014

So... This chapter didn't come as early as it should have been because I was writing chapter 2 for The Silver Guardian. Writing two drama stories is harder than I thought. It's so easy to get the characters mixed up, together with their personalities. In any case, I see Kitty is not only getting all the boys (and girls, and Taeyeon) in the story. She's getting you people too isn't it? ;) As usual, tell me anything. Just tell me something, other than you wanting an update, because you know that's the sole reason why I'm here - to write. (And to read, actually.)

On a side note, I'll be keeping each update to about 1500 words, except for a few major chapters perhaps. I thought I'd let you readers know. I wouldn't want to unnecessarily lengthen each chapter especially when I already have the plot more and less confirmed. I only hope you will enjoy the story :) I'll be off for now! I won't take too long to be back at TSG or LA, this I promise. (Except for unforeseen circumstances.)

Subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked what you read :)
© 
Sky Blue Tales