0922

Love Assumed

- Story view -

The number '0922' had bothered Taeyeon the whole night before she finally fell asleep. She just couldn't figure out what was so familiar about those digits. However, when morning arrived, those thoughts were tossed right out of her mind as her usual morning greeting reached her.

 

Kitty
im so sleepyyyyyyyyyy

 

Taeyeon read the message groggily and she ended up smiling all the same. Rubbing her eyes, she made herself sit up before she sent a reply.

 

Kitty
Since when were you ever not sleepy?
I'm so sleepy too though... Can I not go to work? :'(

 

A reply from Jessica came soon enough.

 

Kitty
stay at home if u wish :) 

 

Taeyeon couldn't hold back a laugh as she shook her head.

 

Kitty
And now you're my boss or something? Hahaha ^^
kitty rules the world

 

Taeyeon only laughed yet again, but she had no idea that Jessica had just heaved a sigh of relief from her blunder.

***

Jessica had just finished her breakfast and was about to head to work when Krystal called out behind her. "Jessi wait up!" The older sister spun around to face her, before she hummed almost inaudibly to acknowledge Krystal. "Can you give me a lift?"

"Where to?"

"Our office."

Jessica only raised her eyebrow. "You're heading there this early today?"

"I've got things that I have to settle. Stop giving me that look Jessi you're annoying."

Jessica laughed, before she nodded. "Alright then let's go."

The ride to work was a quiet one, except for the music which was playing in the car. Jessica drove while she let her head bob to the music, and Krystal on the other hand was on her phone the whole time. It wasn't until they were almost halfway there, when Krystal suddenly turned the volume knob to reduce the volume, earning Jessica's weird stare.

"What?" Jessica asked as she turned back to look at the traffic again.

"How are things coming along?"

"Hmm?" The older sister dropped Krystal a quick look.

"You and...Taeyeon."

Jessica cleared , before she hesitantly replied, "What about her?"

"Is there...any progress?"

"I don't know..." A slight helpless expression took over Jessica's face. "Krys... I honestly don't know what am I supposed to do. I feel like I'm... I feel like...a liar."

Krystal's eyes widened a little. "Why would you say that...?"

"If she ever finds out... She's gonna hate me. Don't you think? She's gonna feel like I was taking her for a fool. But I don't know what else am I supposed to do. I can't let her know the truth... But I wanna help her. I just... I don't know any more..."

"The thing is...do you actually wanna take a step further...?"

Jessica frowned, her mind going blank in an instant. Take a step further? Had she been trying so hard to escape from reality that such a simple yet crucial question had managed to go by unnoticed? Jessica couldn't reply, and Krystal could see the hurt in her sister's eyes. The two sisters kept quiet, until they finally reached the carpark. Jessica parked the car, but the two of them remained seated, until Krystal finally spoke up.

"Sis... I think...sometimes you ought to pluck up your courage and go for what you want. Despite all the bad experiences you had in the past. You can't be forcing yourself to let go of the people whom you really love again and again right...?"

Jessica said nothing. Instead, she slightly nodded as she opened the door. Krystal could only sigh while she too got off the car. Instinctively, she picked up her speed and interlocked her fingers with her sister's, while Jessica tightened her grip as well. As coincidental as it could be, just as the door of the elevator opened at the lobby, Taeyeon's face greeted the two sisters. Taeyeon bowed while she smiled and the two girls returned the bow as well. Krystal couldn't help but to send her sister a glance but Jessica who was in between the two ignored it. Thinking that Taeyeon wouldn't notice, Jessica tried to sneak a peek at the girl, only to realise that the girl was also looking at her, and the two girls looked away in embarrassment.

While Jessica wanted to look at Taeyeon because she liked the girl, Taeyeon's reason was different. She had never been in such close proximity with her boss and it was the first time she was just within an arm's length. She didn't know if it was just her, or did her boss have such a strong presence that she almost felt completely frozen just by standing next to her. It almost ridiculously reminded her of the first time she saw Kitty. The ride in the elevator seemed slower than usual, and Taeyeon was relieved when she had finally arrived at her level. She bowed once more to her two bosses before she took steps out. Just then, Jessica's phone rang and she naturally answered the phone.

"Yes this Jessica Ju..."

The words trailed off as the door of the elevator closed, but Taeyeon stood frozen just outside the elevator. Uneasiness started to creep into Taeyeon's heart, but she decided to suppress that feeling.

However, Taeyeon had difficulty trying to keep herself focused at work that day. Jessica's voice kept ringing in her ears while Kitty's face kept showing up in her mind. After a painfully long day at work, she finally forced herself to send a text message.

 

Kitty
Hey Kitty. Can you bring me for a spin today?

 

 Her frown remained on her face as she waited for a reply, which came shortly.

 

Kitty
hmm? whats the occasion?
I'm not feeling so good..
ok ill be there. ill pick u up in the night? say 9?
Okay
be fine okay <3

 

It was the longest one-hour wait for Taeyeon as she waited by her phone. Just the uneasiness in her heart was enough to let her believe that something was going to happen. Her sixth sense was usually accurate. Just as she was deep in her thoughts, her message tone sounded and she jumped in shock.

 

Kitty
im here taengoo~ 

 

Taeyeon was so nervous that she felt like she was about to burst out in tears. Still, she took in a deep breath as she finally left her house. When she reached the first floor, she could see that car waiting for her. Biting hard on her teeth, she forced herself to look at the front of the car. 0922. The carplate number tallies. She could feel herself breaking into a million pieces while she stood there rooted the ground.

"Taeyeon? You okay?" Jessica stuck her face out of the window as she asked. Taeyeon returned to her senses and entered Jessica's car, although the shocked expression was still on her face. Jessica only gave Taeyeon's hair a gentle before she sped off into the dark. The half an hour ride was a completely silent one. There was no music, and no one talked. It was just the wind, and their messy hair because Jessica had the top down.

They finally stopped by a quiet place by the road where there was no one else and both of them unbuckled their seatbelts. Letting out a breath, Jessica turned to look at Taeyeon, before she lovingly brushed Taeyeon's hair to the side, tucking some of her hair behind her ears. All of a sudden, Taeyeon grabbed Jessica's hand and the girl jumped a little. Jessica only stared at Taeyeon, while she waited for her to say something.

"I was just wondering..." Taeyeon asked without looking at her. "What am I to you?"

Jessica stared blankly for a moment longer, before she replied, "A really...important person...?"

When Taeyeon finally looked back at Jessica, Jessica found herself blinking a couple of times. Almost without warning, Taeyeon slowly inched forward, but Jessica didn't back away. She stayed where she was, until Taeyeon's lips reached hers, and she closed her eyes. Before the kiss deepened, Taeyeon slowly pulled away. "I really like you, you know?" Jessica couldn't respond, even though she had so badly wanted to tell the girl that she really liked her too.

The rest of the night happened quickly, with the two of them staying awfully quiet until Taeyeon asked to go home. "I would really love you with my all if I could," Taeyeon had told Jessica before she got off her car, leaving the girl confused.

The next day, Jessica sent Taeyeon a message as usual but she didn't get a reply. She figured that Taeyeon was probably busy and didn't let it affect her, not knowing what was about to happen later that evening. Then, evening came.

"Kitty." Jessica was on her way to the carpark to fetch her car when someone called out behind her.

"Hmm?" The girl was about to spin her body around to respond but she froze. Kitty...? "..."

 


[A/N] 8/10/2014

I know it's not Friday today, but I thought I would just write one chapter while I can. It has been an exhausting week for my mind, and to be honest, I'm still not fine. I just want to thank all of you who are still reading my stories because you want to. Even up till now, I sincerely ask for you to keep supporting all nine girls in everything that they do.

Because of this early (but actually late since I missed the last one) update, I'll most probably be missing this Friday's update. So if everything is fine, The Silver Guardian will carry on next Monday and Love Assumed, next Friday. Write me something.

Subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked what you read :)
© 
Sky Blue Tales