Delete

Love Assumed

- Story view -

Jessica looked out of the plane window, trying her best to hold back her tears, but she didn't succeed. The tears came rolling down, staining her face. She would have ripped her heart out if she could, because it was hurting so badly. She wanted to erase Taeyeon off her mind, she wanted to stop thinking about the girl, she wanted to stop loving the girl. But it didn't work no matter how hard she tried.

She took out her phone, before she opened the conversations she once held with Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon
What is the kitten doingggggg?

 

She didn't know why she was torturing herself this way. She grabbed her phone tighter than ever, not knowing it at all. "Taeyeon..." She muttered shakily under her breath. "Taeyeon ah..."

Jessica gave herself some time to settle down, and then, with tearful eyes, she finally tapped the delete button of their conversation. Tears escaped her eyes, as she opened her contact list this time instead. She wasn't sure if she could do it, but she knew that she should. Clenching her teeth, she brought her thumb down to the delete button again, but she stopped right before her thumb touched the screen. I can't do it. Her mind was telling her. She tried once more, but yet again, she couldn't bring herself to do it. She couldn't simply delete Taeyeon off her life this way.

Jessica closed her eyes, as she tried to regulate her breathing. Then, without opening her eyes, she tapped it. Delete.

***

Empty. Empty was the seat in Jessica's office. Empty...was the space in Taeyeon's heart. Her eyes landed on her phone, that same phone which used to receive messages at random times, the messages which never failed to make her day. But, everything was not the same any more. Days without Jessica suddenly seemed so much more difficult than ever.

"Taeyeon, can you please make a trip to Ms Jung's office?" Secretary Han's voice broke her train of thoughts.

"Ms Jung...?" Taeyeon voiced out her inner thoughts without even knowing it.

"Yes, the little one. She's asking for you."

Taeyeon could feel her heart drop from the disappointment, but she was quick to recover as she made her way to Krystal's office. It didn't take her long to reach the office. Gently, she knocked on the door.

"Yes come in!"

That actually sounded like Jessica. Am I imagining things? Taeyeon was almost mocking at herself. How pathetic. Taeyeon entered the office as she stood before Krystal. "Yes Ms Jung you were asking for me?"

"Don't call me by that. It makes me sound old. Krystal will do," Krystal answered bubbly, and for once, Taeyeon felt that she had to at least smile for someone who was so angelic, someone who was like Jessica.

"Okay, Krystal." And Taeyeon smiled.

"Right. So I kinda need you to get this done for me by today. If I'm not in later on, you can just leave it on my desk when you're done. Maybe let Secretary Han know so that she can notify me or something. Look through it. If you have any questions you can ask me now," Krystal instructed as she passed Taeyeon a file.

Taeyeon briefly read it through, before she replied, "I think it's pretty straightforward. If I meet any problems I'll let you know."

"Alright, thanks. Go get busy then." Krystal smiled, and then she returned to her work.

Taeyeon slightly bowed before turning to leave. However, her hand was on the doorknob when she stopped. Hesitating for a moment, she ended up turning back to look at Krystal. "Krystal..."

Surprised, Krystal's head shot up as she looked back at Taeyeon. "Yeah? Is something unclear somewhere?"

"Uh... No... It's just... I'm just wondering when the chairman will be back," Taeyeon replied with uncertainty.

Krystal looked lost for a moment and opened slightly, as if she wanted to say something, but she closed it back. Staring at Taeyeon for a moment longer, her lips parted once more. "Um... Did you...not hear about it...?"

Taeyeon didn't like the way Krystal replied. It almost felt that something bad was coming up. "About...what?"

"My sister..." Krystal didn't know how Taeyeon was going to take it. Swallowing her saliva, she continued, "She's...not coming back. She left..."

"W-what...?" Taeyeon's expression couldn't fool any one. She was already on the verge of tears.

"She...left for the States."

Taeyeon only stood there, unable to say anything, unable to do anything. Tears silently fell from the corner of her eyes. All of a sudden, she couldn't care whether she was in Krystal's office any more. She was broken.

"T-Taeyeon-ssi..." Krystal found herself standing up and moving towards Taeyeon. "A-are you okay...?"

When Taeyeon didn't reply, Krystal hesitantly took another step forward, before she gently pulled the girl into her arms. Taeyeon's cries only got louder the moment she was in Krystal's embrace. Jessica was gone. Jessica was gone.

***

One shot. Two shot. Five shots. Ten shots. Yoona was losing count of the number of shots the girl in front of her had taken. She only eyed the girl worriedly, before she shook her head and returned to her work.

This place was where Taeyeon first met Kitty. She had hated this place when her previous boss brought her there, but somehow, it ended up a place which was so precious to Taeyeon. Teary-eyed, she downed another shot without hesitation before she slammed the shot glass down on the counter.

"Hey babe. Are you alone?" A low, husky voice suddenly sounded in Taeyeon's left ear, and a hand s across her lower back.

" off!" Taeyeon shoved the owner of the voice with her elbow, hitting his chin in the process.

"What the !" Before Taeyeon could even see who the man was, she already felt her cheek stinging as a palm whipped across her face.

"Ya Kim Hyunjoong!" Yoona's voice could be heard before she ran out of the counter to Taeyeon's side. "Taeyeon-ssi are you okay?" She asked Taeyeon who was holding her cheek with her palm. Yoona then glared at Hyunjoong, who shrugged. "What do you think you're doing?! Are you crazy?!"

"This was acting like she was, what, Kitty?!" Hyunjoong almost yelled back.

"She's my friend. If you're going to act like that, get out!" Yoona didn't know why she was seething with anger. Hyunjoong only spat, before he rolled his eyes and left. "Taeyeon-ssi follow me." Turning back to Taeyeon, she grabbed the girl's arm and pulled her along until they were outside.

Yoona let go of the girl as she stood in front of her, not knowing what to do. Frustrated, she ran her fingers through her hair. "Look, Taeyeon-ssi," Yoona began. "Please, go home. Don't do this." However, Taeyeon only rolled her eyes, before she staggered towards the bar yet again. Letting out a sigh of frustration, Yoona easily caught up and held her back once more. "Taeyeon-ssi please! Even if you do this, Sica unnie isn't gonna come back!"

Jessica's name had Taeyeon looking straight into Yoona's eyes, and Yoona could almost feel the sadness through those eyes. "You...knew about Jessica too." Yoona could only stare at her with slightly agape, not knowing what to say. Taeyeon laughed, even though tears were still streaming down her face. "If I...didn't find out about the truth...maybe...maybe I wouldn't have to lose her..." The laugh faded, and it quickly got replaced by heartaching sounds of Taeyeon sobbing.

"Sica unnie she..." Yoona had to swallow her saliva to continue talking. "It's not easy for her to do this either... So Taeyeon-ssi... Please just...take care of yourself and not make it harder for the two of you... I'm begging you..."

***

A girl was sitting on the couch in a spacious living room, randomly switching channels on the television, when her doorbell rang. Turning her head towards the door, she raised her eyebrow before she proceeded to open the door.

The very moment the door opened, the guest fell right into her arms as the stench of alcohol reached her nose. "Oh my gosh Jessi!" Using all her strength to hold the girl up, she shook the girl a little. "Jessi? Jessi what's wrong with you?!"

"Steph..." Jessica said, half crying, as she struggled to hold onto the girl, whose name was Stephanie.

"When did you come back? Gosh Jessi stop crying..." Stephanie tightened her arms around the girl who was crying louder than ever.

Jessica's words were almost indecipherable, mixed with the pleas of her cries. "Steph I... It's so painful... It's so painful I feel like I could die... Please... Please just do something... Please..."

 

 


[A/N] 7/11/2014

So I actually managed to write this in time. I know that this chapter was plain angsty, but if I were to give you a teaser/spoiler of some sort, the next chapter is a really big one. It may not necessarily be a lengthy one, but it's going to be a major turning point in this story. Any one of you wants to guess what is going to happen? ;)

Did I say, I was really surprised some of you understood Jessica's intention to leave. I thought I was gonna get scolded a hell lot for doing that to you guys... *laughs* Still, thanks for understanding me, and Jessica in this story.

I'll reply to some of your comments later on! And once again, you can follow me on Twitter at hwang_carmen, and if you would like me to know who you are, tweet me your AFF username so that I can at least "recognise" you. I'd say it's gonna be much more convenient to get updates from my Twitter (e.g. updates, delays, announcements) so...I'll see you there if I do. ^^

Subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked what you read :)
© 
Sky Blue Tales