All They Needed To Know

Love Assumed

JESSICA

The bar was crowded, the music was blasting, the people were dancing, and I was here again. It was the same every single night. I was halfway downing a shot of vodka when I felt a hand brushed across my lower back, before cupping the side of my waist. I turned to look, and I broke into a smile when it was a handsome face that was staring at me.

"Did anyone tell you how hot you are?" He smiled, his eyes full of charm.

"Maybe you should rephrase your question." One side of my lips was slightly curved upwards. I was letting my confidence flow, and I had no intention to stop.

"To?" His smile stayed, and he kept his gaze fixed on me.

"To 'did anyone manage to not tell you how hot you are?'"

He stared for a moment, his mouth slightly ajar before he regained his composure together with his smile. "Damn, you're breathtaking. Can I have this dance?"

The next thing I knew, well, I was in his room, on his bed to be exact, and he was sound asleep. He wasn't that good in bed, actually. But his face was good to look at. Still worth it. I let out a breath before I stood up to pick up my dress. When I was all nice and proper again, I turned to take a last look at him before I turned to leave. The moment I was out the door, I reached out and skillfully pulled the mask off my eyes that had been there the whole night.

Well, goodbye Kitty, hi Jessica.

 

***

 

"You're gonna have to finish this, this, and this. I want them all on my desk when I arrive tomorrow. Do you hear me?"

Taeyeon only nodded, before she carried the stack of files to her table. She glanced at the clock. It was already seven. She could only let out a sigh, before she opened one of the files. She probably wouldn't get to go home until eleven that night.

Taeyeon's family wasn't well to do. Her father was working hard to pay for her younger sister's education, her mother was too sick to work, and her older brother was finding difficulty feeding his own family. Taeyeon's college fees had already used up a decent amount of her father's money, and she was trying to work as hard as she could to earn some money for the family.

She wasn't quite a pushover. But she looked like one either way, because she was, well, nice. She wasn't being treated particularly well in her company. Or rather, she wasn't being treated well at all, but she had no complaints. She would do her work, get her salary, and take care of her family. That was everything on her mind, nothing else.

"Oh and, we're gonna meet some clients for a drink this Friday night. You'll be coming with me. Wear something nice. You should know what I'm saying."

"Yes. Yes, sir..." Taeyeon replied weakly.

She hated it when her boss wanted to bring her to those socializing events. Those clients, most of the time, had no respect at all. But yet, what could she do, when this was the highest paying job out of the rest she had been offered?

***

"I swear I'm not used to seeing you like this." Yoona leaned back on her chair, sipping her coffee.

"Thanks," Jessica replied coolly before doing the same as Yoona.

"That's not a compliment. I'm just saying you're so much more decent this way."

"I am decent. Always decent."

"No really. I really wish you'd stop doing that."

"Stop doing what?"

"That... Kitty ."

"Kitty ? As in, sleepin' around?"

"Gosh! Would you lower down your volume?!" Yoona half whispered, half shouted, her eyes wide in horror.

"Why are you embarrassed when I'm not?"

"You're really better this way. I mean...everything's better this way, isn't it?"

"Don't tell me what to do, Yoona."

Yoona could only sigh. She knew that it was Jessica's warning for her to stop, and she would gladly heed her warning. Yoona was a bartender, and the "Kitty " that Jessica was doing happened right in her bar every single night. She never approved of her friend sleeping around with a different guy every day. But then again, who was she to stop Jessica, really? The two became friends when Jessica helped her out one day, saving her from a group of guys who had almost wanted to drag her away from the bar counter. Well, Jessica saves anyone and everyone, actually. "Kitty" was well known in her bar, and in fact, much more than that. Nobody knew of her real identity, because of the mask that she would put on her eyes. People were curious, but none of them ever succeeded in pulling that mask off. Over time, people just let her be. Kitty or whoever, they didn't care. The winner every night would be the one who succeeds to bring her home, and that's all they needed to know.

Her real identity? She, Jessica Jung, was the eldest daughter of the biggest Korean corporation in the States that also had a significant standing in Korea itself. Yoona had no idea why a girl like Jessica would want to do this to herself. She could have anything she wanted. Yoona was the only one who knew about this "Kitty ". Even Krystal, Jessica's younger sister, was kept in the dark. And, Jessica figured that her parents would probably flip if they ever found out.

The Korean American finished her iced Americano and then she stood up, pulling Yoona with her.

"Let's go. The night has just begun."

 


[A/N] 20/7/2014

Like I said in Dear Death, I've indeed worked on the first chapter for this new story. I'm really excited about the later part of the story, since it was what spurred me to start this new story alongside The Silver Guardian. So...the introduction on the other hand...may not be that good, that's what I'm try'na say. I'm not impressed by the first chapter myself, but I still hope it wasn't too bad though. What a pity I can't show you people how charismatic Jessica is in my mind when she is Kitty. Damn, I've just realised that Jessica always takes on another identity in my stories... First Claire, and now, Kitty... *laughs*

Still, drop me comments? Perhaps I'll need some ideas, or perhaps you'd like to suggest some scenes for some pairings. I don't know. You're free to tell me anything. You know it :)

Subscribe, comment and upvote if you liked what you read :)
© 
Sky Blue Tales