Uh Oh!

My Perfect Babysitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following day, Jiyoon took Eun Mi to a farm in the countryside to experience planting crops and feeding the animals. When they got there, they were greeted by a farmer. "Annyonghaseyo."

Jiyoon bowed 90 degrees. "Annyonghaseyo."

"You're here to learn about farming experience with your child, right?" said the farmer.

"Ne, sir," replied Jiyoon. 

"Well, you're just in time. We were about to get started. You can join with the other mothers," said the farmer, pointing to a group of mothers and their children. Jiyoon thanked him and join the rest, ready to start the day.

The first activity is planting potatoes. The farmer show the children how to plant the potato seeds into the soil. The mothers help guide their children to place the potato seeds in their own patch. Jiyoon place a few seeds onto Eun Mi's hands and she plant them into the soil herself. "Very good for a girl like you," the farmer said with impressed. Jiyoon and Eun Mi smile at each other. 

Once all the children have planted the potato seeds, the farmer gave them each a watering can to water their potato patches. Eun Mi carefully water her crop. "Okay, children. Now that we have planted the seeds and watered them, what do we do next?" the farmer asked.

One boy put up his hands and answered. "We wait for the potatoes to grow."

"That's right, young man," said the farmer, smiling. "Can anyone tell me what is needed for the potatoes to grow?" 

Eun Mi put up her hand and answered. "Sunlight! Potatoes need sunlight to grow!"

"Well done, young girl," said the farmer. "Once your potatoes have fully grown, we'll send them to you for your family to eat. To the mothers, you can give me your address after the day is over. Now, let's go and see the animals."

The farmer tour the group to the chicken coop first, where the children get to see the farmer collecting the eggs from the hens. He also gave each one an egg for them to see. "Wow! Look at the size of the egg, unnie," Eun Mi told Jiyoon.

"I know right. It's big," said Jiyoon. 

"Alright, children. I need to collect the eggs back," the farmer told them. And they put the eggs back into the basket. After the tour at the coop, the farmer gave the group a ride on the back seat of his truck. As he drove to the next location, they saw a field filled with cows eating grass and farmworkers working hard. "Look at those pretty cows, Eun Mi," said Jiyoon, pointing to the cows. 

The truck stopped in front of a barn. "We're here. Everyone off," he announced. Jiyoon, Eun Mi and the rest got down and enter the barn. The farmer show them the first pen where the farmworker is shaving the wool of the sheeps. Then, he show them the cows' pen. Another farmworker is milking the cow. "Would any of you like to give a try?" asked the farmer and all the children yelled, "Ne!" 

The first child to go and milk the cow is Eun Mi. Jiyoon also enter in with her. The farmworker show her the right way to milk the cow. However, as she was doing it, one of the udders squirt milk on her shirt. Jiyoon chuckled and wipe the milk off her shirt with a tissue. "It's okay, dear. It's just a little squirt."

"Okay. We'll have one more child and we can continue our tour,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter