The Suggestion

My Perfect Babysitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, when Jiyoon was sleeping, she had a dream. She woke up to find that she is no longer in her room. The surroundings are white in colour. "Where am I?" she asked to herself. "This is definitely not my room." 

Suddenly, a figure glowing like an angel approach her slowly. As the figure got closer, it was revealed to be a lady in white dress. Jiyoon had no idea who she is. "Who are you?" she asked. 

"Annyong. My name is Haneul, Kyuhyun's deceased wife," the lady introduces herself. "You must be Park Jiyoon, right? The new babysitter my husband hired."

"Y-Yes, I am," said Jiyoon. "How do you know my name?"

"I've watched you from above," replied Haneul. "I've also seen the miserable situation my Eun Mi is facing now. I have come to help you."

"Please do. I don't want to see Eun Mi suffering because of her father's rules," begged Jiyoon. 

"I understand that you want Eun Mi to have the opportunity to have the laughter she once had again. My solution to you is to break Kyuhyun's rules," said Haneul.

"Mwo? Break his rules? How?" asked Jiyoon. 

"By taking Eun Mi out for a picnic or a trip to the zoo," suggested Haneul. "Don't always have lessons indoors all the time. Even if you plan play-based activities. Take this opportunity to bring Eun Mi outdoors to have fun. Go and enjoy the summer for once."

"It is a good idea," said Jiyoon. "But wouldn't that make Kyuhyun angry when he finds out?" 

Haneul sighed and place her hands on Jiyoon's shoulders. "Listen to me, Jiyoon. I have been disappointed with Kyuhyun setting this rules of his lately. There are some things you need to disobey for once. But sometimes it's for a good cause. Since you're the only person who can make my daughter smile again, I am counting on you to bring back laughter, love and joy to my family. And most importantly, bring Kyuhyun and Eun Mi back together again." 

"Even bringing music back too?" asked Jiyoon.

"If you want, sure," replied Haneul. 

Jiyoon began to smile at her. "I shall follow your suggestion." Haneul smile back by patting her shoulder. "That's the way. I know you can do it, Jiyoon. I have to go now. I wish you all the best." Slowly, Haneul remove her hands from Jiyoon's shoulders and fade from Jiyoon's sight. 

Jiyoon woke up and she was back in her room. She finally knew what she has to do. To follow Haneul's suggestion and to bring Eun Mi out. 

 

The next morning, Jiyoon woke up early and prepare a picnic basket. First, she put some plastic cutleries she could find from the drawers into the basket. Then, she open the fridge to find some food to put. But unfortunately, there was only some butter, three eggs and a few fruits in the fridge. "Hmm. That's not enough for a picnic," she said to herself. "We have to go to the grocery store later." 

Miyun woke up to find Jiyoon preparing a picnic basket. "Jiyoon ah! What are you doing?" she asked, rubbing her eyes. "I heard noises."

"Good morning, Miyun. I'm planning a picnic for Eun Mi and myself," said Jiyoon. 

"Picnic with Eun Mi? That sounds like fun," said Miyun.

"But please don't mention this to Mr Cho," begged Jiyoon. "He will be furious if he finds out."

"Oh, of course. I won't tell a single word about this," Miyun made a promise. "And besides, he's leaving for Mokpo today. I won't see him until the third day."

Jiyoon smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter