Kimchi Making

My Perfect Babysitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With Jiyoon's instructions, Donghae managed to reach Miyun's apartment building. Jiyoon got off the car. "Do you need any help, Jiyoon?" asked Donghae.

"No thanks. I can handle this. Just stay right here with Eun Mi," said Jiyoon. She took the groceries for Miyun and went up to her apartment. Inside, she unload all the food into the fridge and cupboard and cleaning supplies in the store room. Once she is done, she locks the door and heads down to the lobby. 

"Are you finished?" Donghae asked when Jiyoon got back inside the car.

"Ne. We can go now," replied Jiyoon as she buckle her seatbelt. Donghae nodded and starts to drive. When they got home, they unload the groceries and Mi Cha help to put the food into the fridge. "Thanks a lot for helping me with the groceries." 

"Anytime, Mi Cha sshi," said Jiyoon.  Eun Mi began to yawn. "Unnie, I'm sleepy. Can I take a nap first?"

"Of course, my dear," Jiyoon reply to her. "But first, we need to take your bath." Together, they went upstairs. Jiyoon help to bathe Eun Mi. Afterwards, she put on her clean clothes and went to the bedroom. Eun Mi began to lie down on the bed. Jiyoon gave a kiss on her forehead. "Rest well." 

 

(2 hours later)

 

Eun Mi woke up from her nap and came down the stairs. Jiyoon and Donghae, who were chatting in the living room, saw her and smile. "Hello, dear. Did you sleep well?" Eun Mi nodded in respond. 

"I'm gonna make kimchi now," said Jiyoon. "Would you like to help me?" Eun Mi smile as her way of saying yes. Jiyoon got ready the utensils and two plastic gloves and place it on the floor. She brought out the ingredients and put them down together with the bowl. "Before you put your gloves on, have you washed your hands yet?" 

Eun Mi shook her head and went to the kitchen to wash her hands. While she is at it, Jiyoon start off with the cabbage first. Once Eun Mi is finished, she came back to Jiyoon and put on her gloves. "Okay. I've just finished soaking the cabbage. Now we are ready to do the mixture," announced Jiyoon. She instructed Eun Mi on which ingredients to add first for the marinade and she listened carefully. 

Next, they mix the marinade with their hands and they were enjoying themselves making kimchi. "I bet our kimchi will be delicious," said Eun Mi.

"Hopefully it will," said Jiyoon.

Donghae was watching them with a smile. "You're good in making kimchi," he said.

"I've done this with my mother before back in Jeonju," Jiyoon told him. Soon, Jiyoon and Eun Mi were done mixing the marinade mixture. "What next, unnie?" asked Eun Mi.

"We put in the cabbage," replied Jiyoon. "But first, I have to drain them." She grab a handfu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter