Babysitter Needed

My Perfect Babysitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyoon slowly open her eyes and stretch her arms wide open. She check her clock and she got a shock. "Omo!! It's 11 o'clock already?! I'm late for work again!!" She quickly got up from her bed and wash up.

Her mother was doing the chores in the living room when Jiyoon was rushing out. "Good morning, sweetheart. It's about time you wake up. Your breakfast is on the table." 

"I don't have time to eat! I'm late for work!" said Jiyoon, putting on her shoes. "The alarm clock broke this morning." 

"No, it's not. Your alarm clock did rang but you fail to notice it ringing," said Mrs Park. 

Jiyoon finishes wearing her shoes. "Anyways, I gotta go now. Bye." She kiss her mother goodbye and ran out of the door. 

In a bar, it was a busy place filled with customers ordering alcoholic drinks. The other employees were wondering where Jiyoon is. "Where's Jiyoon?" asked the server. 

"She's late for work again," replied the barmaid. "Probably overslept." 

"Just like last time," groans another bartender. "She's gonna get it from boss." The bar manager also notices Jiyoon's presence is missing. "Excuse me? May I know where is Jiyoon? She was suppose to be here about an hour." 

"She probably must have overslept again, sir," replied the barmaid. 

The manager groans in frustration. "Again?! This is the third time she's late!" A few minutes later, Jiyoon showed up, panting and catching her breath. "I'm here!" she announced. The manager and other employees were staring at her with disbelief. "You're late again, Ms Park," scolded the manager. 

"Joesung hamnida! I overslept!" Jiyoon apologizes with a bow.

"I'll deal with you later. Please get to work now! There are customers waiting!" ordered the manager. Jiyoon bows again in respond and got to her work station. Being a bartender for Jiyoon wasn't her favorite job. But at least she'll make money for her family. 

By 1 o'clock, Jiyoon's shift is over. She was about to leave when another bartender called her to go to manager's office. She took a gulp and went to the office. The manager was busy doing the papers. Jiyoon knock on the door. "Come in!" said the manager. Jiyoon open the door and she enters inside. 

"Sit down," the manager ordered and Jiyoon obeyed. He put down his papers and lock his eyes at her. "I want to talk to you about your performance here. It seems that you're not punctual all the time. This is the third time you're late for work. Here, we expect employees to be at work on time. I have given you a lot of chances but you're not taking them seriously."

"And your point is, sir?" asked Jiyoon.

"I have come to my decision to dismiss you from this place," said the manager, firmly. "In short, you are fired!"

"I'm fired?!" gasped Jiyoon. 

"Mianhe, Jiyoon sshi," the manager apologizes. Jiyoon heave out a sad sigh and left the office. She went home with a gloomy face. "You're home at last. I have warmed up your meal,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter