Family

One Shot

Yoona

“Exo-M should be here soon,” Suho announced. He was sitting on the couch reading manga.

“Kris hyung’s Korean got better,” Sehun said. He came to sit down next to me on the other couch. “I guess he’s been practicing.”

The others joined us in the living room. I glanced nervously at the door and bit my lip. “Should I go?”

“No,” answered Baekhyun. “We need you here to help us explain. Besides, you know Big Bang the most out of us.”

Before I could say anything else, there was a sharp knock at the door. I gulped and Sehun took my hands in his. It made me feel calm.

“Hello,” a deep voice greeted us loudly. Then five guys shuffled in the apartment suite, carrying suitcases and backpacks. We all stood up and bowed to them.

“Hello, Kris, Xiumin, Lay, Chen, and Tao,” Suho said, grinning and helping them with their luggage. “How have you guys been?”

A tall man with blond hair sighed heavily. “Working hard. There’s hardly any free time when I have to deal with this bunch.”

“Oh, yeah, Sehun has a girlfriend now,” Luhan told them.

Everyone’s eyes snapped on me. I blushed and bowed again to them. “Hi everybody! My name is Im Yoona!”

Exo-M introduced themselves to me- I realized the tall guy with blond hair was called Kris, and the oldest was Xiumin, who actually seemed the youngest to me, with his baby face and cute expressions. My first impression of Lay was that he was mature and hardworking, and that Chen was the charismatic type that loved to joke around and have fun. Tao was the youngest, and stood very close to Kris, making me think that maybe they were really good friends. When he looked at me, I wasn’t sure why, but I felt that he carried a lot of pain inside of him, and that he was sensitive.

“Nice to meet you, Yoona,” Kris said, flashing a smile at me.

“How long have you known Sehun?” Chen asked.

“About a month,” I replied.

Sehun put his arm over my shoulders protectively. “She’s a DJ at a club. That’s how we met.”

Lay nodded slowly. “You and Sehun look good together.”

“I’m tired!” Tao complained. “And so thristy. Do you have any milk?”

 “I’ll prepare a meal,” D.O said, and headed to the kitchen, wearing his apron.

“So who’s sharing rooms?” Chanyeol wanted to know, looking anxious.

“We have three bedrooms. Chanyeol and I share a room, Suho and Luhan and D.O share one, and Sehun and Kai room together.” Baekhyun went over to the mirror in the hallway, fixing his eyeliner.

After it was decided who would get which room, they emptied their suitcases and we all ate dinner together, some sitting at the dining table and others on the couches or the floor.

I could see it then- in the middle of eating and laughing, and catching up with one another. Now that Exo-K and Exo-M had joined, they really did seem like one family.