Confrontation

One Shot

Sehun

“Sweet dreams,” I whispered in her ear.

“Goodnight.” Yoona smiled shyly and disappeared into her apartment.

On my way home, I heard footsteps click-clacking behind me, slowly, trying to disguise as my own. I had the feeling someone was trying to follow me. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I made a few quick turns into different alleyways, hoping to lose whoever it was.

“You’re done for,” said a voice. I recognized the jealousy and bitterness dripping from it. I spun around, facing G-Dragon and what I guessed were his buddies.

“What? You want Yoona back? Wanna fight me? Do you really think then she’ll come back to you?” I challenged.

“You do know who I am, right? Or did she not tell you about me?” G-Dragon scoffed.

I shrugged. “Whatever. I’m not the type to wonder about the past. It’s none of my business anyway but if you threaten me, I won’t back down.”

“Wrong answer,” he growled, and came at me with his fist ready in the air. I dodged and stuck out my foot, tripping him. Blue Hair jumped forward and tackled me to the ground. We both fell down with a loud thud as a burst of pain shot up my back and neck. The other guys joined him and started kicking at my chest. I struggled to get up and elbowed Blondie in the face with all of the force I had in me.

He stumbled backwards, covering his nose with his hands. “It’s broken!”

Someone grabbed me from behind, shoving me to the ground again. Mohawk guy punched me over and over. I felt blood dripping down from my mouth and nose. He got up, but I couldn’t move. I stayed there on the concrete, breathless, my eyes slowly closing.

“He’s done,” G-Dragon’s voice called.

“Yeah,” another guy said. “Hurry, let’s go!”

I heard footsteps clattering down the alleyway. I still couldn’t get up. I banged my fist to the ground and cussed.

“Oh my God,” Chanyeol exclaimed somewhere behind me.

Footsteps ran towards me. I winced, trying to move off the concrete.

“What the hell happened?!” Kai kneeled beside me. “Are you-”

“Who did this?” asked Suho. “Nobody messes with one of mine!”

I opened my mouth to speak and more blood pooled out. “…Couldn’t you guys have come earlier? You missed all the fun…” I coughed and motioned for Kai to get me up. They helped me inside the apartment and D.O soaked a towel in water to clean the blood off my face.

Luhan grimaced when he saw me on the couch. “What did you do this time, Sehun-ah?” he sighed as he sat down next to me on the couch and slung an arm around my shoulders.

I shut my eyes as D.O finished and went to throw the towel away. Chanyeol brushed my hair back and put a cap on my head. Suho placed a bandage on my cheek where there was a gash.

“Rest now.” A blanket was laid over me and I tried to sleep. But I could hear Suho talking to Kai and the others, so my mind couldn’t completely shut off. Around six AM I got up and went to the bookshelf where we stashed our manga and knives collection. A photo of me and Yoona sat on the middle shelf. I picked it up and stared at it for a long time.

I didn’t want to give her up. I wouldn’t lose so easily to that bastard. Yoona was mine and I cared about her just like I cared about Exo. I didn’t want to get Exo involved. This was my fight. I wanted to be the one to put the dragon in his place.