Secrets

One Shot

Yoona

I ran up the front steps to the Big Bang house, and started banging my fist on the door. “Open up!” I yelled. “Big Bang!”

I heard a voice saying, “Who is it? So noisy…” The door slowly opened, revealing Seungri standing there in his white bathrobe. When he saw it was me, he smirked and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Looking good, Yoona. But your boyfriend’s probably not, right?” Seungri laughed.

I glared at him. “Let me in. I have to talk to G-Dragon.”

“If you have to talk, then you can talk to all of us,” T.O.P said, coming out behind Seungri. He was dressed in a suit, his blue hair neatly combed back, and carrying a black briefcase.

“You look professional,” I noted. “Going out to do business? Is it time to kill another girl who broke your heart? Or is it strictly gang related?” I raised my eyebrows. “Or maybe both?”

Seungri’s eyes widened. “You can’t talk to him that way. He’s the oldest. You have no respect at all!”

“Why should I treat you with respect?! You didn’t bother treating me with respect! You didn’t treat Sehun with respect! So why should I show you it, huh?” I pushed past them but T.O.P grabbed my wrist.

“Who said you could come in?”

“It’s fine,” G-Dragon called from inside of the house. “Come in. Stop bickering, all three of you. I have a headache.”

T.O.P’s grip on my arm loosened bit, and he led me to the living room with Seungri following us. The house still looked the same since I’d last been there- gold vases filled with blood red roses, marble floor and counters, glittering carpets, velvet curtains, and leather couches with silk pillows. G-Dragon lounged in the fancy gold chair meant only for him to use. He was holding a half empty glass to his forehead.

“You didn’t stop drinking?” I asked.

“What’s the point of stopping?” He didn’t look at me.

I didn’t say anything- after all, why should I argue with him about his health? That was his own choice. He started drinking a year after we started dating and hadn’t stopped yet, it seemed like. It had probably gotten worse since the breakup.

Daesung and Taeyang hurried downstairs, standing next to T.O.P and Seungri. It felt uncomfortable talking with all of them watching us, but I knew I had to get this out of the way.

“Why did you hurt Sehun? Can’t you get over yourself already?”

G-Dragon finally met my eyes, his gaze cold and unforgiving. “The dragon never gives up. This is where you belong, Yoona, in this house, by my side. Not with Exo. You deserve more than them! You deserve the best.”

“I don’t want you anymore. It’s over between us, G-Dragon. Please leave me alone. Please leave Exo alone,” I pleaded.

“No!” He threw his glass across the room. It shattered into pieces, scattering all over the floor, Seungri scrambled to pick it up quickly.

I turned back to G-Dragon, who seemed furious now, and I shivered. “Stop it. Stop it!”

He shot up from his chair and took a step closer to me. I backed away, but T.O.P shoved me back closer to G-Dragon.

“Leave Sehun alone, okay? Please, I’m begging you. I love him. Please1 Don’t ruin it for me. If you really love me, then don’t you want me to be happy?”

“If you want to beg, then get on your knees and ask again.” Taeyang scowled.

“I have pride too. Don’t make me do that.” I shook my head. “Just back off. Let me be happy and live my life. I loved you, G-Dragon, but it was for the best that we broke up. We were too…explosive. Not good for each other. You weren’t good for me.” Tears welled up. “I loved you so much. And I know…you loved me too. But after what happened, you killed B1A4 and all the other things you did, I can’t even look at you the same way again. When that happened I started realizing the true person you were. You’re unforgiving, narrow minded, stubborn, and obsessive. Power hungry. Bloodthirsty. You’re not someone I want to be with. Because I don’t want to become just like you.”

G-Dragon nodded. “Yes. That’s right. You don’t want to become like me! I’ll destroy everything you love! Because I’m a monster!”

It was pointless to change his mind. He wouldn’t leave Exo alone, no matter what I said. He was crazy.

“Go! Get out! If you think I’m so evil, then just get out! Don’t come back again!”

I hurried out the door, wiping away my tears and trying to calm myself down. Seeing him was bringing back all of the memories I’d tried so hard to forget about.

            “Yoona,” someone said. I turned back around on the front steps, facing Daesung.

He sighed, leaning against the doorframe. “I’m sorry he’s like that. Actually, once you left, he’s been awful. He can’t make up his mind on how to feel about you.”

I frowned. “Why are you telling me this?”

“I don’t know…I feel bad for you. And I regret hurting Sehun. But if the leader gives us an order, we have to follow what he says.”

I forced a faint smile at him. “You were always the nicest to me out of Big Bang. Thanks.”

Daesung seemed surprise by my words. “Oh…yeah, you’re welcome. Anyways, good luck. You’ll need it. Goodbye, Yoona.”

“Bye, Daesung.” I turned back around and made my way to Exo’s place. Now that I’d talked to Big Bang, I had to tell Sehun everything. Once I’d gotten there, I took a deep breath and told myself that everything would be fine, that I could tell Sehun the whole truth. I’d left something out when I was telling Suho and the others, but maybe I could tell Sehun. I trusted him more and knew him better.

“They told me everything,” I told Sehun, my hands gently touching his face. “Look what Big Bang did to you…”

“Yeah…Exo told me that they went to talk to you. That upset me. They could’ve at least woken me up.” He stared down at the ground. “They didn’t tell me what you said, though. But it’s something bad, isn’t it?”

“It’s okay.” I bit my lip. “Look…When I dated G-Dragon, I was so caught up in all of the gang business. I couldn’t see the person he truly was.”

“Love blinds you. I get it.” Sehun nodded.

“Then he killed B1A4, another gang, because the leader Jinyoung’s noona cheated on T.O.P with CNU, who was a B1A4 member.”

“That’s messed up…”

“Yeah. I know. G-Dragon killed Jinyoung’s noona too. When he came home that day…with blood on his shirt and hands…I realized he was a monster. Someone I was actually scared of. And I wanted to break up.”

“So you did the right thing and broke up with him.”

I suddenly wasn’t sure if I could confess anymore. It was too hard saying it. But keeping the secret was suffocating me now…

“Don’t be scared,” Sehun whispered, leaning closer to me. “I won’t let him take you away from me. I won’t let him hurt you or Exo.”

I hugged him. “I’m sorry. This is all my fault. This is my past that’s getting in the way, for us, for Exo…”

“We’ll fix it. We’ll make it better. Together.” He kissed me, gentle and comforting. I felt so guilty for not telling him the secret. What was wrong with me? Why couldn’t I tell him? If Exo and Big Bang were about to start a war over me, shouldn’t I at least tell Exo the truth about how I broke up with G-Dragon? Didn’t they deserve to know?

But the words wouldn’t come out. I didn’t have the courage to say it. My past still haunted me. It was something that I could never fix.