Scene of a Disaster

One Shot

Sehun

I stood by the window, gazing out at the rain that had been falling since this morning. It was nighttime now, and only Kai was at the apartment. The others had gone to the gym to train.

            I hadn’t slept at all for the past week- all I could think about was G-Dragon. What was he planning to do? What would be his next move? If he tried to take Yoona, I wouldn’t be able to stop him…

            “I’m going out,” I called to Kai, and headed over to the Big Bang house. I couldn’t stand it anymore. This should only be my fight- it wasn’t supposed to involve Teen Top, Infinite, or even the other Exo members.

            I wanted to be the one to stand up to G-Dragon. After all, Yoona was my girl. It only made sense for me to protect her like this.

            “Open up!” I shouted. “Right now! Open this door!” My fist pounded against the front door.

            G-Dragon opened it, staring at me with an amused expression, holding a glass of red wine in one hand. “What’s all this shouting in the morning? Calm down,” he said.

            I shoved him to the wall and knocked the wine glass away, my hands at his throat. “Shut up!”

“Oh, look, another glass wasted…” He was staring down at the broken shards lying on the floor.

“I know all about it! What you did for Yoona! Going to jail for her…how heroic of you,” I snarled.

            He glared at me. “I loved her. Of course I would take the blame for her. Now get your hands off me!” G-Dragon pushed me off.

            Not losing my balance, I swung at him, my fist connecting with his nose. He aimed for me a couple of times, but I dodged him.

            “Looks like I chose the wrong day to get drunk,” G-Dragon slurred, stumbling sideways a little.

            “For once, I want to be the one hurting you. I want to make you feel the pain you gave me. All of it!” I ran at him and punched him in the gut as hard as I could, again and again, until he was on the floor, blood pooling from his mouth.

He lifted himself up on one elbow, still coughing up more blood, and shut his eyes. “If that’s the best you can do…then you don’t deserve Yoona.”

I scoffed. “What did you say?”

He opened his eyes, his gaze locked with mine now. “Come at me with all you’ve got. You want me to feel the pain I gave you? Then make me feel it! You want revenge? Have your revenge! Have as much as you want. You’ll never beat me. Even when you try that hard, I’ll still be here, and so will my name and my fortune. So don’t think you can take me down so easily

I punched him in the face, again and again, my knuckles bleeding badly, sweat beading on my forehead. I was out of breath, but I still went on, the anger inside of me taking control. I couldn’t stop. No, I didn’t want to stop. I could’ve awhile ago, but I wanted to keep on going for Yoona.

Finally, I fell to my knees; G-Dragon was a bloody mess. I picked up the biggest glass shard on the floor and held it up over him, holding it with both my hands.

“Go ahead,” he whispered. “Kill me. But the blood will be on your hands. And Yoona would never forgive you.”

“Why is that?” I narrowed my eyes.

“Because she still loves me.”

I laughed. “You must be really drunk.”

“She says she doesn’t love me, and it’s true that she’s fallen for you, but…when you truly love someone, it never fades away completely. And we loved each other like that. If only you knew…if you truly understood what real love is, then you would know that. Yoona still has feelings for me. She hasn’t forgotten.”

“Yoona doesn’t love you,” I said, through gritted teeth.

“She does. When you leave this place, go and ask her.”

“Shut up! Shut up, you bastard!” I wanted to end it right there and then. I could end it all so easily- all I had to do was bring down my hands, and the point end of the glass shard would dig through his throat.

But I couldn’t do it. I lowered my hands slowly, the glass piece slipping from my fingers.

I had to ask her. I stood up and turned around, leaving behind the scene of a disaster that I’d caused.

I found her at the club. She was on her break, sitting at the bar by herself. I went right up to her, my heart pounding in my chest, and I was getting more and more anxious by the second.

Yoona’s eyes widened when she saw me. “Why are your hands bloody?”

“Do you still love G-Dragon?”

She got up from her seat. “What are you talking about?”

“Answer me. Do you love him?”

“Why are you being like this? What happened?”

“Tell me! I need to know. Do you love him or not?”

“Yes,” she answered. “How can you ask me that? It hasn’t been that long since the breakup. It’s hard getting over someone. As much as I try not to, a part of me still loves G-Dragon.” She took a step closer to me, her hand on my shoulder. “But don’t take that the wrong way. I love you more. Okay? It’s you who I want to be with.”

“Why didn’t you tell me that you still had feelings for him? You didn’t tell me about the killing incident either. You shouldn’t have kept these things from me, Yoona.”

Yoona sighed, her eyes filling with tears. “Can we please not do this here? My break is almost over.”

“Sorry, I don’t have time later. Go and work. I have nothing else to say anyway.”  I walked away from her.

“Sehun!” she shouted. “Where are you going?”

            She was running to catch up with me, but I didn’t want to look back. Finally we were outside the club, standing on the rainy street at the sidewalk. Yoona came in front of me.

“Don’t be mad at me. I’m sorry! I didn’t know how to tell you. I was scared.”

 “I’ve been scared too! Don’t you know how much I’ve been worrying? Don’t you know my feelings for you at all? Why do you only think about yourself? Do you even know what I had to do for you tonight?”

Yoona was crying. “What did you do, Sehun? Why is there blood on your hands?”

“It’s G-Dragon’s blood!”

She gasped. “Did you…did you kill him?” she whispered.

I turned away from her and looked out at the road, at the cars passing by. “Go find him if you’re that worried. If you love him, go and tell him. He told me to ask you, so I did. I got my answer.”

“Why are you being like this?!”

“Because I’ve had enough! If you love him, how can I kill him? If he still means something to you, I can’t hurt you by killing him. Then how can I defeat him? I can’t let him hurt the other Exo members, either. So just go to him.”

“Sehun…”

“I’m letting you go. G-Dragon can have what he wants. Because maybe in the end it’s what you want, too.”

She was silent.

“Go, Yoona.”

I watched her run down the sidewalk. With every step, she was getting further away from me, going to a place where I couldn’t be with her.