The Return

One Shot

G-Dragon

I stepped into the club with the rest of Big Bang and tried controlling my emotions that would surely get the best of me. The flashing colorful lights were almost blinding to me. Being back here was like a stab to my heart- I couldn’t pull the sword out and my wound was etching deeper…

“I haven’t been here for so long!” exclaimed Taeyang. His words snapped me out of my dark and lonely thoughts. “I’ve really missed dancing here. No other club can beat it.” He held up his arms with a huge grin on his face.

“I’ve really missed the girls here,” Seungri winked at a girl with red hair tied up into a bun and a snake tattoo on her left leg. He went off to follow her, disappearing into the crowd of swaying bodies dressed in shimmering clothes.

This was an elite club- only the best people were allowed to enter. But it’d been about three months since I’d come here with Big Bang. Three months had dragged since the breakup. I’d tried seeing other girls and for some time it had worked, but lately time dragged by even slower. I felt like I’d been trapped inside purgatory, stuck waiting for the girl who left me.

T.O.P, who sensed my thoughts because I was often thinking about the same thing, sat down next to me at the bar and ordered us some Soju. I watched him drink his quickly, while I sat still and stared at the glass. I was miserable and couldn’t hide it.

“Why are we here, G-Dragon?” he wondered. “You banned all of us from ever coming here again…but here we are.”

I glanced over at his blue hair that seemed to be glowing in the light. “I came here tonight,” I explained slowly, “Because I’m going to win her back.”

T.O.P frowned. “But-”

I held up a hand. “Don’t even start with your logic. Tonight I’ll be crooked if I want. And nobody can stop me.”

He sighed. “You’re a lost cause, G-dragon.”

“I agree!” Daesung grinned wildly, holding up his drink and sloshing it around, some of it dripping down the sides of the glass. “You’re really desperate!” he burst into laughter.

I stood abruptly and headed over to where she was. “I’m back,” I yelled, when I reached her. She was walking from the DJ booth to the bar, but froze when she saw me.

“W-what are you doing here, G-Dragon?” she panicked. “I thought I told you…t-that I never wanted to see you again.” Her voice trembled, her eyes wide in terror. Why did she look like that? Was she really terrified of me? Was that how she thought of me? The big, bad, terrifying dragon?

“I told you, I’m back!” I shouted. “And this time I’m not leaving you ever again.”

“Hey, Yoona, I’m here,” announced a different man’s voice. I raised my eyebrows and turned to see who it was.

“Oh, who are you?” he asked. “Are you a friend of Yoona’s? He looked an inch or so taller than me, with a slender build and pale skin. His dark eyes swept over me and one of his arms wrapped around Yoona, as if to let me know that she was his.

But she wasn’t.

I scoffed. “And who are you? How do you know Yoona?”

“I’m Oh Sehun, her boyfriend.” He smoothed his brown hair and stood up straighter.

“What do you want?!” Yoona was furious. “Get out! You can’t come here!”

I shook my head. “No, you’ve got it all wrong. I think your mind has become twisted with the wrong idea. You belong only with me, not with this guy.” I touched her wrist, but she jerked away as if my touch was poisonous.

“I love you, Yoona.” My voice sounded desperate even to my own ears. “I love you. Don’t turn me away like this. Why did you leave? Huh? Answer me!”

She looked disgusted. “Go away. I ended things three months ago with you and Big Bang.”

“I can’t accept it. I will not accept it. Nothing’s over yet.” I turned my gaze to Sehun, who was glaring at me. “You better watch your back,’ I warned him. “You stole my girlfriend.” Before he could reply, I shoved past Sehun and retreated back to where Daesung and T.O.P were sitting.

“What happened?”

“Did you get her back, leader? Huh? Did you? Did you win over her heart?” Daesung asked, clearly drunk.

I wanted to smack him into soberness. “No,” I said through clenched teeth, “But I will. See that guy next to her? His name’s Sehun. And we’re going to eliminate him.”