The Dragon's End

One Shot

Sehun

The next morning

“What? So you and Yoona got back together?” Baekhyun nudged my shoulder. “Everybody,” he shouted, “Sehun and Yoona are dating again!”

I turned red and smacked him with my book. “Stop shouting it like that.”

“Stop shouting it like that? Then how should I shout it?” He started laughing. “Sehun-ah, you’re too cute.”

“Aw, look at how embarrassed he is!” Chanyeol grinned and pinched my cheeks.

I pouted. “Stop it! Ah, seriously…”

Suddenly the front door opened and Suho and Kris walked in. “I heard that the Dragon’s dead,” Suho announced. “Is that true?”

“Where did you hear something like that?” asked Kai.

“On the streets,” replied Kris. “Sehun, tell us. Is it true or not?”

I cleared my throat, sitting up. All eyes in the room were focused on me. “Uh…yes. It’s true. G-Dragon is dead.”

Lay’s eyes widened. “How?”

“He had liver cancer,” I explained. “He passed away a few hours ago. Yoona called me from the hospital, so I went there to go see her. The rest of Big Bang was there, too.”

Xiumin shook his head. “I can’t believe it. So…is everything done now? The revenge, I mean. Big Bang isn’t after us anymore, right?”

“Yeah, I think it’s finally over for sure.”

“No, our revenge!” whined Tao.

“There’s no need for it, but remember that we’re still rivals. They’re not our friends, so we can’t let our guard down, understand?” Suho retreated to his bedroom.

“I think he’s a bit upset,” Kris admitted. “Since they hurt us, he wants to hurt them back too. An eye for an eye.”

Chen frowned. “I think we should still fight them. I mean, we’re trying to get to the top, aren’t we? The only possible way to do that is to eliminate our competitors from the scene. We take them down, strip them of their status. What do you guys think?”

“Let’s not do anything stupid,” I said. “Unless we have to, we shouldn’t get involved with them for now. Yoona told me that she made a deal with G-Dragon, that if she stayed with him until he died, then Big Bang would leave us and Yoona alone.”

“So that’s why she left you?” Kai asked, leaning against the wall.

“Yeah,” I replied. “But now we’re together again, so it’s okay. Anyways, let’s not worry about Big Bang and focus on other gangs and business deals, okay?”

Kris sighed. “Alright.”

I changed into a black suit and headed over to Yoona’s place.

“You came,” Yoona greeted me, kissing my cheek. She was wearing a black dress and heels, and had her hair tied up.

“You look beautiful,” I said.

In the graveyard where the funeral was being held, there was only Big Bang, Yoona, Yuri, and me, but Yuri left early. I stared at the ground, at the place where they’d buried him. He used to be a bloodthirsty, power hungry gang leader…Now he was six feet underground.

Yoona’s grip on my hand got tighter. She in a sharp breath; I glanced over at her and saw her holding back her tears. It would take time for her to completely move on from G-Dragon’s death, but I’d be here for her.

At the end, Yoona and I went up to his tombstone. She set down a single red rose, whispered a prayer, and then walked away to wait beside the graveyard gate. I kneeled down, remembering when I’d met G-Dragon. We’d been at the club, and he’d threatened me and Yoona. From the start, he’d been ruthless, always going after what he wanted without thinking about anyone else. I wondered if in death, he’d finally found peace or not.

I stood up and made my way over to Yoona at the gate. “Let’s go,” I said.

“Wait!” yelled T.O.P, who came right in front of me. “Why are you still alive?! I should’ve killed you a long time ago! You don’t deserve to live! Not when G-Dragon’s dead!”

Daesung grabbed his shoulders, trying to stop him. “G-Dragon made a deal with Yoona! We can’t harm them, T.O.P.”

“Well, I’m the new leader, and I say we teach them a lesson!” T.O.P shook Daesung off and took a step closer to me. “I’m not letting you go this time!” He tackled me to the ground, his fist about to connect with my nose, but I dodged and leaped up, kicking him in the chest as hard as I could.

“Don’t lay another finger on me ever again,” I snarled. “Or I will finish you. I’m sick of being pushed around by you and your gang.” I snickered. “How will you lead them if you can’t even stand up? How will you lead them if you’re only a pile of broken bones and blood?!”

“Stop!” shrieked Yoona, her voice slicing through my thoughts. I finally stopped, breathing hard, and looked over at her. Her eyes were wide in fear.

“Let’s go,” I said, grabbing her hand and leading her away from Big Bang and the graveyard. Rain started pouring down, soaking our clothes and hair. Yoona finally wrenched her hand away from mine.

“What if they’ll be after us and Exo again? I made a deal with G-Dragon, but now…” She shook her head, a terrified expression on her face.

I took off my jacket and wrapped it around her shoulders. “Then I’ll protect you. I’ll protect Exo. I’ll take care of it.”

“Then who will protect you?” She cried. “I’m not strong enough.”

“You don’t worry about me. I’ll protect myself too. You don’t have to make deals with them anymore and sacrifice yourself and your safety. From now on, just…just stay with me. Okay? Don’t go anywhere, and only stay by my side. I will fight for us, like I always have.” I wiped away her tears and kissed her.

I would protect her with my life.