Stay With Me

One Shot

Yoona

“G-Dragon!” I shouted. “G-Dragon, are you okay?!”

He was lying on the floor, covered in blood and not moving. I ran to him and tried to help him up, but he was unconscious. Instead I got towels, Band-Aids, and a bucket of water to clean all the blood. After he was cleaned up, I stayed there, sitting on the ground near him. Nobody else was in the house- I wondered where the rest of Big Bang was.

 “What do I do?” I whispered, resting my head on my knees and shutting my eyes. “I can’t go back to Sehun like this…”

I couldn’t sleep, and in the morning when G-Dragon woke up I suddenly regretted my decision to stay.

He slowly sat up and stared at me. “Yoona…You came.”

I scoffed. “I shouldn’t have.” I got up, ready to leave and find Sehun. I needed to apologize to him.

“Wait!” G-Dragon called, standing up and grabbing my wrist. I turned around to face him.

“What is it? You’re fine now. I have to go back.”

He frowned. “Can’t you stay with me? Yoona, I’m sorry, okay? Just don’t leave me.”

“You’re pathetic. Let go of me.”

“Please don’t leave me. I’ll make you happy! It can be like the old days again. You and me and Big Bang…”

I thought about the “old days”, when Big Bang was still a new gang and G-Dragon and I had just started dating. Everything felt so pure, so innocent at that time. I tried to imagine myself like that again, with him.

“Don’t you remember our first date? We went ice skating and got coffee. It started snowing, so I walked you home and we had our first kiss at your doorstep.”

I remembered it. It’d been the first time that my heart was beating so fast.

“And when I introduced you to Big Bang at the underground place I always went to, another gang came up to us and we had a dance battle. When we won, you cheered so loud and ran up to me and hugged me.”

Without realizing what I was saying, I blurted out, “And after the dance battle you took me outside and gave me a ring.” Immediately my eyes widened and I turned red.

G-Dragon chuckled. “See? You still remember all of it. That means you must still care.”

I shook my head. “No. I don’t know why I just said that…”

“What do you mean ‘why’? There’s nothing wrong with remembering.”

“Yes, there is, because I’m dating Sehun now.”

G-Dragon sighed and let go of my wrist. “I know you’re too good for me. I don’t need any other woman.”

“Last time I came over, you yelled at me and threw your glass across the room because I told you to leave Exo alone. So why are you acting all sorry and sad now?”

“Yoona, I’m sorry-”

“How many times will you say those words?!” I shouted, finally losing it. “Shut up! Just shut up! I don’t want to hear anymore!”

“Do you really like Sehun? He doesn’t know how to love you. I think I suit you better than he does.”

“G-Dragon, stop it!” Tears welled up in my eyes and ran down my cheeks. Slowly I sank to my knees on the floor. “If I beg like this, will you leave me alone? Will you leave Sehun and Exo alone?”

He was silent for a moment. Then he kneeled down in front of me and wiped away my tears. “Don’t cry.” G-Dragon hugged me, holding me tight in his arms. “I don’t have much time left,” he whispered in my ear.

“What do you mean?” I pulled away to look at him.

“I’m…dying. I have…liver cancer.”

I couldn’t believe it. “No way…There’s no way that you’re dying.”

“I found out a week ago. The doctor told me I have six months left if I don’t start treatment soon. And if I do treatment, I’ll live a year and a half. But I don’t want to live without you. This is the last time I’ll try to hold onto you. If you push me away now…I won’t do the treatment.”

“What are you talking about? Are you serious? You need to get treatment! Don’t say crazy things like that!”

“No! I had to drink everyday to try to forget you. And it didn’t even work. It only numbs the pain for awhile, but then it always comes back. It’s like a cycle. I keep on missing you so I get drunk and feel better, and when I wake up in the morning I start missing you again.”

“You’re severely depressed,” I said.

“I know. Can you stay with me and take care of me? I don’t want to spend my last days like this, alone.”

“What about Big Bang? You’re just going to leave them? You’re their leader.”

“T.O.P will lead Big Bang. Actually, he already kind of started being the leader. For the past week I’ve only stayed inside the house.”

“The other members aren’t taking care of you?”

“They wanted to. But I told them to work instead. They can’t fall behind or waste time. If Big Bang disappears from the scene even for a little while, we could lose our title and rank among the other gangs.” He bit his lip. “So…I’ll ask you one last time. If you say no, I won’t bother you again, I swear. Will you stay with me?”

I ran my hands through my hair, not sure of how I should answer. He was going to die soon. If I said no, I trusted G-Dragon that he wouldn’t bother me again. But T.O.P was ruthless. Once G-Dragon died, T.O.P would have complete leadership of Big Bang and they would come after Exo, me, and Yuri.

If I said yes, and stayed with G-Dragon until he died, I was certain that Big Bang wouldn’t hurt us.

I thought about Sehun, and how he was always so sweet and caring. I knew how much he loved me. But I couldn’t be selfish. I had to think about all of the people I loved, and how to protect them.

“…Y-yes. I’ll stay with you, G-Dragon.”

“You will?” he asked, tears falling down now.

I nodded. “Yeah. I’ll stay.”

G-Dragon hugged me again, and this time I stayed there, locked in his embrace.