In the Club

One Shot

 

Yoona

“Turn it up, DJ!” one of the girls screamed over the music. It was already so loud that I could feel it in my heart, and the walls were pumping. But obeying her wish, I turned up the volume and kept my body moving with the rhythm.

A few hours later, my shift ended so I grabbed my purse and headed over to the bar area. There were only three people sitting there- two girls chatting with each other and a guy by himself on the other side. I sat down next to him and ordered Soju. Wiping away the sweat on my forehead and flipping my curled locks over my shoulder, I drank two shots. Soon a warm buzz swept through me.

“One more please,” I called to the bartender. She filled my glass up, as I could feel the guy’s eyes on me.

“What’s your name?” he asked.

I smiled and drank the Soju. “My name is Im Yoona. What’s yours?”

“I’m Oh Sehun.” He took a sip of his own drink and then looked over at me. He had dark brown hair and milky white skin. He was very handsome, though he had a bored, distant expression.

“How old are you?” I couldn’t guess his age- he seemed mature but young at the same time.

“I turned twenty recently in April. You?”

“I’m turning 24 on May 30th,” I replied.

“Oh. So you’re one of the DJ’s right? That’s a cool job…I’m a dance machine, and my dream was always to be a dancer.”

I raised my eyebrows. “My roommate Yuri has her own indie rock band called Skylight. I guess the three of us are music lovers.”

Sehun chuckled. “What else do you like to do?”

“Hmm…” I tapped my fingers against my glass. “I dance too. SM Entertainment has a world tour every year. Last time, they hired me so I danced in between the k-pop groups’ performances.”

He was stunned. “W-wow! You perform on SM Town’s world tours? I wanted to do that since I was a little kid. I tried out for SM Entertainment a few times but I didn’t get in.”

I winked. “Don’t give up. Keep auditioning, Sehun.”

“Do you want to dance right now?” he asked me, getting up and setting his drink on the table.

I nodded. “Sure.”

He grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor, in the ocean of bodies moving to the music. I felt like the temperature was climbing up, getting hotter and hotter.

Sehun’s eyes were intense, pulling me in. The lights were flashing, turning us into all of the colors of the rainbow. “Hello Hello” by Nu’est came on, blasting through the entire club. It was perfect. I threw my hands up, feeling electric and alive. I hadn’t been having so much in a long time, with all of the stress from everything else dulling my life, making it black and white. The colors had just washed in again, tonight, in the club.

I wanted to freeze time, so I could capture that moment forever.