04

Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Really? That Hyunwoo is so wretched and he really challenged you?” Kyungsoo asked when I told him about the Hyunwoo incident earlier.

We’re currently at our hang-out. I summoned them so that we can discuss about Hyunwoo’s challenge.

“You know Baek.. he’s just insecure about you because he only realized it now that Daehyun left him just for you!” Luhan said.

“Absolutely! But you can win that transferee guy, right?” Suho asked. Unsure of what’s his name.

“It’s Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo corrected him.

“Whatever, Anyways Sehun told me that he agreed to be part of the team.” Suho said.

“Really?!” I shockingly asked.

Luhan interrupted and said, “Yeah. He didn’t even let Sehun finished saying anything. He just said yes.”

He agreed? What the hell did Chanyeol ate, really?

“So Baek, What’s your plan? Maybe if you’re getting too close to Chanyeol, you might drift away from Daehyun.” Kyungsoo worriedly said.

“What if we tell Daehyun?” Luhan said.

“NO! We’re not telling this to anyone. I had an agreement with Hyunwoo. If this challenge leaks aside from the group members, we're going to lose automatically.” I said.

“NO WAY! Just by thought of me carrying the things of Soowon is just terrible.” Suho said.

“So we really have to win this. If we win, we’re going to be free in doing our homeworks.” Luhan said with excitement at his face.

“Right! Projects, research papers..” Kyungsoo said.

“What if..” Suho said worringly.

Me too. I feel so scared. Chanyeol is the type of person who’s not afraid to reject someone like me, even at public. I didn’t even remember him asking me with ‘please’. That idiot, seriously.

“Suho please, we can’t entertain negative vibes, so stop that.” Luhan said.

“So Baek, what percentage of chances do you really have to get Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo asked

I closed my eyes and think. Oh God..

“Has anyone had the chance to reject A Byun Baekhyun?” Suho said in a proud tone.

I had a little hope. I didn’t have any records of me being rejected by someone and I’m not going to accept it if there’s going to be one.

 

You can do it Baek. You can do this!

 

~

 

I was in front of my mac book. I need to come up with a community problem that I can report.

As few minutes have passed, I still didn’t have any ideas. I sighed and looked down. Have I done anything productive these days? What the hell is happening to me? Maybe I was running out of my mind. I’m not really that type of person who stoops down to anyone. Why would me and Hyunwoo talked about Chanyeol earlier and why was I getting nervous? I know Hyunwoo, he still loves Daehyun.

Someone knocked at my door. I was startled.

“Little brother?” It was Haewon hyung. My favorite hyung.

“Come in.” I said then he entered. “Hyung, can you please stop calling me little brother? Baek will do.”

“Omo, Are you being conscious right now? I remember those times when you cry when I just call you Baek.” He said.

“But hyung, I’m a man now.”

“Why, is it wrong to call you little brother?” He asked

“Aiiish. It’s just embarrassing.” I said and he went to sit beside me.

“Yeah right. ‘Man’” he said and added, “Yah. Is there someone courting you right now?” He teased.

“Hyung, please stop it.” I said

 

Haewon hyung is on Dad’s side when it comes to my suitors. I had a suitor before that was so nervous to the fact that he peed on his pants because of them. Then there were those who were acting as if they don’t know me anymore. Like I was a complete stranger to them. They were really that scary when it comes to my suitors. They didn’t even met Daehyun yet. I don’t want to bring him here even if he was forcing me to. He doesn’t even know how my house looks. For my past suitors, my house from the outside looks like a mansion but inside, it’s definitely a jungle. It has 3 lions for them to be scared of. Hahaha

 

“Let’s go out.” Haewon hyung said.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“We’re going to eat Cucumber salad.” He said while laughing. I just pushed him away. I don’t like cucumbers. If I eat them, I always feel like throwing up and I feel myself itchy when I eat them. And I definitely don’t look good after eating them. It’s like my face becomes so swollen, even dad and my hyungs don’t even notice who I am anymore.

“Alright, you go alone.” I said.

“Aww. You’re pissed off already? I know when you just smell cucumber, you..” I stopped him by placing my hands at his mouth.

“STOP!” I said.

He laughed so hard and ran away from me.

“Get dressed, okay? We’re going out.. Mr. Itchy.” He said while peeking at my door.

“Hyuuuuuung!!!!” I shouted.

 

~

 

Isn’t it ironic that even if we have our own mall, we still tend to go to other malls? Chinho hyung has just too many eyes at our mall. We were known very well so we didn’t had the chance to enjoy much while we go on an arcade. Even if Haewon hyung is busy, he still finds time to treat me out.

“Hyung, how’s it going with your new girlfriend?” I asked.

He was shocked and just asked, “Where did you even hear that?”

“Minyeong noona told me. You’re really a playboy huh?” I said.

He just chuckled and said, “Why? Is there something wrong about that? It would be such a waste if I don’t use my handsome looks.”

“Maybe there will be a time that I will find a playboy.” I said.

“I will punch the hell out of him! Little brother, always remember that if there’s someone who’s going to hurt you, I will really kill him.” He said.

“Yeah right.” I said and I just chuckled.

“You’re learning nothing good from Manya huh, What if I tell Dad to transfer you to an exclusive school for boys?” he teased.

“Hyung!” I said.

“It’s just a joke little brother. You know that we’re both on each other’s side, right?” He asked and I just nodded.

I’m so grateful to have a hyung like him. He’s super supportive. There was a time where Chinho hyung wanted me to enroll to an all-boys school but with the help of Haewon hyung, I enrolled at Manya. Since my mom died, Haewon hyung was the one who took care of me. He promised mom that he’ll take care of me. He was always my protector. I really love Haewon hyung.

He followed me to a boutique, this was the only part that he hated because I try too many clothes then after changing into different outfits, I get out every once in a while to ask him if it suits me and when he says that it doesn’t suit me, we’re just arguing and then he just ends up saying that it suits me. Then after that, I will still try too other clothes.

I also thought of buying an outfit for the birthday party of Chanyeol’s grandfather. I think my clothes at my closet won’t really please him because they were too revealing.

I saw Haewon hyung like he was waiting impatiently.

“So, let’s go?” I asked him.

“Finally! After 25 years Baek!” He said and I just laughed at him.

I was about to leave the boutique when I suddenly encountered someone. A not-so-pleasant view.

It no other than the one and only idiot.

I didn’t have any intentions to notice him but he called me.

“Wow.. you bought clothes? Are you that excited for tomorrow?” He said and smirked.

It was a good thing that Haewon hyung was still paying for the clothes.

“Whatever!” I said to him and turned around

“Chanyeol?” Haewon hyung said.

“Hi Chaewon hyung.” He said and bowed.

What? They know each other? I look at them and yeah, they do know each other. They even gave a high-five to each other.

“It seems like you’ve bought too many clothes hyung. Tsk tsk.” He said in a teasing tone.

“Silly, these are for my little brother.”

Chanyeol looked at me and gave me a smirk, “He’s your brother?”

“Yeah, isn’t it obvious?” Haewon hyung asked.

“Uhm, you do look alike but when it comes to the attitude, hmmmm.” He said and they both laughed.

Aish. Hyung, I’m your brother right? Where’s the “I’m going to protect you” that you said earlier?

“Is there a problem here?” I sarcastically asked.

“Oh, you both know each other?” Haewon hyung asked.

“I think I’m the one who’s going to ask you that!” I said and rolled my eyes.

Chanyeol was still laughing like a retarded seal.

“My girlfriend is Chanyeol’s cousin, Eunhye.” Hyung said.

“We’re classmates, right Baekhyun?” Chanyeol said.

I didn’t answer him.

“Ah good. So, can you look after my little brother? Maybe he has too many suitors that he’s entertaining.” Hyung asked at Chanyeol

“Hyung, what are you talking about? Let’s go.” I said to him and they just laughed.

“Hyung, even if it was only meant as a joke, I think he doesn’t need someone look after him. He’s like a roaring lion.” Chanyeol said.

“Yah!” I said and after that I pulled hyung away from Chanyeol. That guy thinks is seriously annoying. Ughh. And how lucky I am that Chanyeol and Haewon hyung are friends? OH GOD.

 

 

That was just too much clothes that Baekhyun bought. It was like the total price of the clothes that his brother bought him was like a 5-month salary of a regular employee. I just shook my head. She’s too much.

So, Haewon hyung and Baekhyun are brothers? It wasn’t that obvious because Haewon hyung is friendly, kind and approachable. So I guess that it’s true about people saying that no one’s perfect. Yes you have the looks but when your attitude is trashy, then it’s probably useless.

I remembered the clothes he bought. Did he bought clothes for tomorrow’s party? I laughed. But maybe he bought revealing clothes? Aigoo. I’ll just buy him clothes.

 

“Hi sir. What can I do for you?” the saleslady asked.

“Do you have something that’s simple but elegant?”

She raised an eyebrow. Oops. Maybe she thinks that it’s for me, I just said. “No, it’s not for me. It’s for my boyfriend.” Boyfriend? Really Chanyeol? Ugh

She raised an eyebrow again and it was obvious that with the look that she’s giving me is just pure shock. She just smiled again and said, “Okay.”

“Sir, what’s the size?" She asked.

“Oh.. uhmm. The same size of that guy who came here earlier.” I said.

“Mr. Byun?”

“You know him?” I shockingly asked.

“Yes sir. He’s our regular customer.” She replied.

“Oh okay. Yes. The same size.” I said.

She looked at me and said. “Alright. I’ll just pack them.”

I just nodded and went to the couch. I’ll just give this to him by tomorrow since the party will be at the afternoon.

 

~

 

I decided to wait for Baekhyun at the club house of their subdivision. According to my trusted sources, every weekend in the morning, he passes here when he jogs.

After how many minutes, I saw Baekhyun. Damn. Even if he was short, it was still obvious that he has this y feature. Wait, what? Never mind. This is so irritating. He was just wearing shorts and it’s like he wants to be early in the morning. He went to one of the stalls of the club house. I went to him.

“Good morning Your Majesty!!!” I said

He was startled and raised an eyebrow, “There’s nothing good in my morning anymore. You ruined it.”

“It’s still early in the morning and you’re already frowning. You’ll look old easily if you keep on frowning.” I said.

“So? What are you doing here anyways?”

“Here.” I gave him the paper bag and he just raised me an eyebrow.

“What’s this?”

“Clothes that you’re going to wear later.”

Acting like he was about to return them to me and I just said, “You’re going to wear this because if you’re not going to wear this, I’m the one who’s going to dress you up.”

He widened his eyes and said, “You know, you’re such a ert!”

“Yeah right, you were the one who touched me first.”

“Oh not agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter